The Autobarn of Mt. Prospect - Volkswagen

Service 866-587-7341 Service 866-587-7341

WWW.AUTOBARNVWELITE.COM; WWW.AUTOBARNVWMP.COM

Great overall experience

by from Illinois |

Christopher was very helpful and not pushy. He knew what he was talking about and he tells you how it is. Very respectful and an all around pleasure to do business with.

Excellent Service

by from Palatine |

I purchased a 2008 Audi in great condition! Super Clean! The level of service was outstanding. They even got me a lower rate when I came to pick the car the next day.

Great Job by Kalina Gartner VW Sales Pro

by from Chicago Area |

We worked with Kalina Gartner for at least 3 weeks considering a variety of vehicles and finance methods. She was always helpful, patient, courteous and treated my wife and I in a very professional manner. As in every auto purchase transaction there was a bit of give and take but ultimately we feel we got an excellent car at a fair price. Once all negotiations were done we were still urged to take advantage of all aspects of what seems like an excellent "after sale" customer care program. I am looking forward to Autobarn of Volkswagen of Mt Prospect looking after us. Well done, Kalina and finance manager Adam Hernandez.

2002 Volkswagen beetle

by from Mount Prospect, Il |

Chris Krause and his manager Joe helped me get the dream car I wanted and went well out of their way to help me finance it. Amazing dealership with great salesman.

Care more for reviews then their customers!

by from Buffalo Grove, IL |

They sold me a 2005 ML350 and when I got home I started to notice a mildew smell and the carpets were stained. With the first rain, my wife went out to the car to find the driver side front floor board was soaked. There was a leak somewhere. Took car to my Mechanic and the car had several things that were wrong with it. After several attempts and writing a bad review, Joe Parks and Vic Jalili contacted me to get things fixed. They set my wife up with a loaner car and worked on it. At first I thought everything was good and they were going to take care of things. Joe Parks was taking care of us. When Joe called and said the car was ready, I asked if when we pick up the car, would we have a print out of everything that was done. He said yes. When my wife got there, they said they did not have time to get the list of what was done. My wife got in the car and noticed the Check engine light was on Still. Called Joe Parks and sent emails about the check engine light and not having a print out ready and was told they didnt have time to get to that. So why did they tell me after having my car for 2 weeks, that everything was done, when it was not. Below is the list of items that was wrong and what was done after we picked up the car, when Joe said everything was finished. After my wife picked up the car I had her take it back to our Mechanic to check the list of items to see what was done and not. 1) Tire leak is coming from a leaking plug in the shoulder of the tire (will need new tire) Tire has been replaced 2) Water leak from the left front (will need to remove covers and possible dash to identify) Water leak has been fixed 3) Oxygen sensor has failed and connector is corroded due to water from interior leak (will need to pull carpet and inspect harness) Not addressed and cause of Check engine light (note: Harness is badly corroded and needs to be replaced) 4) Both rear suspension springs are broken (purchase with strut assembly) Not addressed 5) Both outer tie rods loose 5/5 Tie rods have been replaced 6) Right front ball joint is loose 3/5 Not addressed 7) Evaporative emission line has rubbed through (need to remove spare tire carrier and rear seats to access) Not addressed and another cause of check engine light 8) Right rear sway bar link is missing Has been replaced 9) Transmission cooling lines are leaking Not addressed and still leaking I tried to call and email both Joe and Vic, and no one ever called me or emailed me back. I have giving them over a week to respond to me. I even wrote them one last email, telling them that if I do not get a call or email from them, I will have to leave a Negative review. Since that seems to be the only way they will respond to you. I would not buy from here. They only will go out of their way when they have a bad review. It should work the other way. They go out of their way to get a good review.

June 17, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to submit your comments. As always, we welcome all types of feedback and take everyone's comments seriously. In this case, you have given us an opportunity to show how we are willing to go beyond most reasonable expectations to please our customers. The vehicle mentioned in this review is 10 years old, and has well in excess of 100k miles. Our service department inspected the vehicle and found it to be safe and roadworthy. Due to the age and mileage it was explicitly sold "as is / as shown". When we were contacted with your mechanics "wish list", in an effort to show our good will and commitment to customer satisfaction, we performed approximately $1000 in work on the vehicle at no charge. Nearly every other vehicle dealer would have reminded you that the vehicle was sold "as is / as shown" and not spent another penny. Because The Autobarn is not like nearly every other dealer we went the extra mile and performed most of the services that your personal mechanic recommended. While it is unfortunate that you deemed our best efforts unsatisfactory, we feel it is important that anyone reading this review realize that we spent a great deal of time and money to make you happy in a situation that an average car dealer would have walked away from.

There has to be a better word than awesome.

by from Bloomingdale, IL |

As a seasoned Amazon buyer, I always pay more attention to the 3 star reviews since they usually point out the good and the bad. Chris doesn't seem to have any 3 star reviews, after working with him I understand why. First, let me add that I normally dress below my means to create the assumption that "this man probably asks homeless people for money". I was approached by Chris who was knowledgeable, professional, and not "sales-y" which was appreciated. Basically, he didn't let my poor-person appearance effect the situation and I really respect that. Without any doubt I would wholeheartedly recommend the Autobarn Mt. Prospect and definitely go see Chris. Use the southeast entrance (right side of the building when facing the main entrance, opposite the service area) and his office is first on the left. I purchased my car 6 months ago and his on-going customer service is impressive. Chris redefined what I consider to be excellent customer service.

June 3, 2015

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments. Chris is a great asset to our organization and we really appreciate the fact that you took the time to share your experience.

Great, friendly staff, clean show room, nice perks

by from Lake Zurich, IL |

This is a great dealership. First off, see Chris Krause if you're looking to purchase a new vehicle. He's very friendly, a nice guy, knowledgable about the cars and made my buying experience easy and care-free. He made sure I left happily driving into the sunset in my brand new car! Secondly, the dealership is five stars! Alway's clean inside, excellent customer lounge with free tasty treats and my favorite perk which I always come in for - free car washes! The staff are easy-going, friendly and go above and beyond to please their customers. I'm happy I bought from Autobarn of Mt. Prospect. I'm sure you will be too!

Pulled out all the stops to make it happen!

by from Des Plaines, IL |

Working with Josh and Vic was fantastic. They were able to put me into the car that I wanted for the money that I needed to be paying. The best part of the process was the upfront nature of the transaction; everything was very transparent and I highly appreciated that. I absolutely love my new 2015 VW GTI Autobahn!

Not So Sure

by from La Grange Park, IL |

Looked at three cars. All had some kind of body/paint damage or damage to grill or both. In one case, the defects were hidden by a rather shoddy limited repainting.

Amazing Experience! !

by from Chicago, IL |

From the moment I walked in I was greeted by Francisco with a positive attitude. His professionalism and positive demeanor sets a precedent for all car salesman. Adam, the financial specialist, also showed identical qualities and was very clear and explanatory for my vehicles financial obligation. Francisco got me the car I wanted, the price I wanted, and Adam made the price happen. Truly a fantastic team and a fantastic experience!

February 24, 2015

Thank you so much for the kind review! We are always working to provide a 5 star experience for everyone that visits The Autobarn VW of Mt. Prospect. We look forward to seeing you for your complimentary carwashes!