The Autobarn of Mt. Prospect - Volkswagen

Service 866-587-7341

WWW.AUTOBARNVWELITE.COM; WWW.AUTOBARNVWMP.COM

HUGE dissapoinment

by from wisconsin |

I drove nearly two hours to find that I had been lied to. This dealer is untrustworthy and everything is way overpriced. DO NOT GO HERE FOR A USED CAR

Amazing place to buy a car

by from Libertyville |

I found a car on cars.com that I was interested in and went in to the dealership to take a look. After a test drive I realized that this was not the vehicle for me. My salesman (Robbie) listened to what I was looking for and found the perfect car at their dealership in another city. He had the car brought to to me and after a test drive I purchased the vehicle. The process was quick and painless and after seeing what similar vehicles sold for at other dealers, I know that I got a really good deal. I had one small issue after the sale and Robbie took care of it himself asap. I highly recommend the Autobarn of Mt. Prospect.

Big joke

by from Burbs |

I read the previous reviews and thought I would find out for myself. Well, I did.. And the previous reviews were dead on and more. Such a bait and switch dealership. I was told such nonsense to get me in there and the 2 cars I liked weren't there after all. What a joke dealer. I can't say one good.

Shady dealer

by from Indianapolis |

Very shady selling practices. The salesman would not let us get out of the door, after our test drive, even though we told him we were not ready to buy. Kept saying "What can I do to sell this car to you?" How about not pressure me... They weren't very transparent about the car we were looking to buy either. Did not want to say who the car was to before, why was it sold, service records, etc. Kept referring us to the Carfax record check which was clean, but that of course does not mean much... Then several salesmen kept calling for a whole week to see if we would come back to get the car. Then they majorly screwed up on the last day. I gave them a price I was willing to buy the car, telling them if I hadn't heard from them in 24 hours, I was going for the other car I had lined up. They called me after 2 days to tell me they accepted my price. Too late. Both shady and amateurish at the same time.

Beware of Misleading Hidden Charges!

by from Forest Park |

Bottom line: the price they quoted on the internet was not the price we were told when we got there. We went to the dealership to buy a used car they listed on the internet. On the call, they give us internet pricing and said it is flexiable price. But when we arrived at the dealership, we were told differently. Not only the price was not flexiable, but also we were told to pay for additional reconditioning charge $499. And the car was dirty!!! (Where did they reconditon this car?) The general manager said we should pay more because they want to make-up the loss on the car. Thanks to them we spent two hours on the road.