Stohlman Subaru of Herndon

770 Elden St, Herndon, VA 20170

New 866-906-0177
Used 866-618-4110
Service 888-228-3182

Your family owned hometown Subaru dealer.

Great place to buy a car

by from Fairfax, VA |

It's small - you might even pass it at first, not expecting to find a well recognized dealership on the trailing edge of Old Town Herndon in such a humble building. But the people you will deal with are all straightforward, friendly and you will not be subject to the pressure to buy as in so many salesrooms. Fernando, our salesperson, let the car speak for itself. We actually bought a "loaner"- and got a sweet deal on it from Kofi, the used car sales manager. If you like the experience of going to a car mall, this place is not for you. But, if you would like a dealership with personality, with a passion to make the customer experience first-rate, then by all means, shop here!

Really friendly and respectful service

by from Oakton, VA |

This may not be the flashiest dealer but the service is excellent. Highly recommend

Disappointing

by from Chantilly, VA |

After reading all the great reviews on Stohlman Subaru of Herndon, I was happy to find a dealership so well rated that was close. We relocated to the area very recently (almost a month now) so this was my first and last experience with them. I brought my 2006 Subaru Tribeca in for an RDF light blinking on and off and after doing some research I was pretty sure the ground had come loose or rusted. Therefore, when I was told I needed a new wiring harness for it but the senor was still good I gave them the ok to do the work but told them I wanted the bad harness back. After a few minutes went by, the service manager came back to tell me the harness was ok and they just needed to replace the ground and it would be $183. This triggered another warning light in my head. I thought it was high so I called another dealer and was given a quote of $120 for the same job. For the convenience, I had them also do the VA state inspection on the car so I could register it. To my surprise, it failed. Now, I had just had it at my mechanic in Ohio before moving so I knew what the car needed and did not need. Stohlman said I needed tires, rear brakes, and that a fog lamp was out. I did not agree with this so I called (703)803-2622 and spoke with the VA State Police who had an officer call me back and then told me where to meet him at another garage. This time the officer and the mechanic did the inspection while I was there and showed me all the readings that they found. The tires were ok and would need replacement soon but passed (They checked all four this time). Next were the brakes. They pulled them off the calipers to measure front and rear pads and what do you know?they passed. Last was the fog light, which we all agreed was out and needed replacing. After buying a new bulb and preparing to install it, I found that the ground wire was disconnected from the light. An easy fix but how did it get disconnected? The cherry on the cake was discovering that Stohlman Subaru of Herndon broke my center cap on the tire rim when they did the inspection. However, they did replace it after another phone call to them. In the end, Stohlman was contacted by the VA State police and have been reprimanded for the improper inspection. If you feel you are being misled or taken advantage of by Stohlman Subaru of Herndon, I would recommend contacting the VA State police. Doing so saved me well over $1,000.00 in unnecessary repairs. My main reason for this post is due to the poor customer service on Stohlman?s part. I did not receive any sort of apology or attempt to rectify the situation or make things right, which tells me that they really do not care about their customers.

Stohlman Subaru of Herndon responded to this review

January 1, 2014

We apologize for any inconvenience or misunderstanding regarding your inspection, but in the end analysis we rely on the interpretation of our human technician who uses his or hers best judgement when evaluating a vehicle for a safety inspection. While this can be interpreted as just a shop trying to sell repairs, in fact it is most often the case where we are putting your safety first. We want to ensure the car we inspect is safe to drive before putting our name behind the inspection. We far prefer to have a long standing relationship with our customers based on trusted feedback than to make a quick dollar from any client. We would love the opportunity to discuss your concerns in more detail. Simply call Larry Greer, general manager 703-437-6000.

Awesome buying experience!!!!

by from Silver Spring, MD |

Great service and laid-back attitude. Raj or Ranjan was an awesome sales person who was very informative and answered all my questions/concerns. His manager, Gus, took care of the pricing. Will definitely be shopping at Stohlman for my next car.

1st time Stohlman customer &Subaru owner

by from Chantilly, Va. |

From my initial request for information regarding the 2013 Outback to the day I picked up my first new Subaru, the sales team, particularly Mark Doyle and Gus Andrade, were helpful, courteous and nothing but professional. No pressure or gimmicks. In a word, I can describe my overall experience at Stohlman Subaru Herndon as "refreshing"! First impressions are extremely important and the Stohlman team created a lasting one. I look forward to returning to Stohlman Subaru in the many years to come for all my Subaru needs. Thank you.

third purchase from stohlmans over 13 years--still

by from sterling, va |

Even for a Subaru dealer, these guys are exceptional. Highly recommended service and sales.

Great Dealership, Great Service

by from Old Fields, WV |

I had a great experience with the dealership at every step of the process. Love my car and love this dealership.

Super sales and service!

by from Reston, VA |

We have been repeat customers at Stohlman Subaru of Herndon and had consistently excellent sales and service experiences! The highly professional team is located in a small town location. The friendly feeling is present throughout one's visit. These folks really know and love cars! They are very adept at explaining new updates on the latest models and also at explaining what ails your beloved older car, and fixing that older car,too. For depth of knowledge and honest,reliable service, plus stress free shopping they are tops!