Kline Nissan

3090 N. Hwy 61, Maplewood, MN 55109

New 866-792-4315
Used 888-881-8268
Service 866-396-0124

Service is mediocre at best.

by from White Bear Lake, MN |

I traded in my 2007 Camry Hybrid and bought a 2007 Murano from Kline Nissan Maplewood in October, 2014. I've purchased cars from other dealerships and always felt I was treated special, like they wanted my future business. I never felt that way with Kline Nissan. I went in 6 months later and was treated rudely by one of the Service Dept. agents at Kline Nissan. He refused to give me information about adding a 5 pin adaptor to my 4 pin plug. He decided I would be pulling a boat over the maximum weight. He embarrassed me in front of other customers. I like the vehicle but I won't buy from that dealership again.

A sad story

by from St. Paul, MN |

We drove in a car that needed repair, but after this place tried its best, their repair rendered our car undriveable. The guy said he was sorry to have to give us the bad news. The best they could do for us was to buy it for slightly more than we owed in payment for a car with only 70,000 miles. If you can drive a car into the service entrance, shouldn't you be able to drive it out? [The problem involved unknown damage to the wiring harness created by the previous owner's attempt to install a remote start.]

service management

by from Minneapolis, MN |

I can't describe how terrible the service department of Kline Nissan is. I literally had the service manager (Kirsten Nelson) come out to me as I am standing at my car and start insulting after everything is done and paid for. So I pulled out my camera phone and told her I am going to record this. At this point she decided to turn and go inside because she knew what she was doing was wrong. The worst part is the completely botched the job on my highly collectable 2008 NISMO model. There are less than 500 in the color scheme in my year and it is a rare year for the NISMO model. It was the worst experience of my life. And according to Kirsten their is no General manager she is as high as it gets..

Poor Customer Service

by from Saint Paul,MN |

My husband and I were looking for a new car so we stopped over at Kline Nissan in Maplewood. We had a wonderful experience from the moment we stepped foot at Kline Nissan until the moment we drove the car home. However, it was another story when it came time to the accessory dept. and our complete protection plan. We bought the whole protection package with the diamond windshield spray, interior and exterior protection against chips, rust, etc, the invisible shield, and the undercoating for rust prevention. We dropped off our car and when they called us to pick it up, we noticed a small scratch at the back of the trunk, they didn't put invisible shields on the door edges, they didn't even wash the car! It was very spotty and dirty. The interior was not very well done. It was spotty, blotchy, and some areas weren't even protected! When we complained about it they said they're not sure why they didn't do it. Granted it wasn't the accessory dept. staff we were speaking with. The general sales manager spoke with me and said they'll get it taken care of. He also said they would fill our tank up as a complimentary treat for our inconvenience. So you figure they would have done a better and more careful job after customers complain right? Well, no. They re-did the interior but it was still blotchy in some areas and some areas like along the creases weren't even touched! We picked it up less than 30 minutes after they called so we could still see where things were sprayed but some areas weren't even done! They DID put invisible shield on the door edges like they should've done in the first place though. My husband and I were going to complain again but decided not to because we've just had enough with the people there. If they couldn't even get things right the second time, what difference will it make the third time around. The general sales manager Jeff Miller also said they would fill up our tank as a complimentary for our inconvenience. However, when we went to pick up our car. It was almost on empty and they said there was no documentation of such noted so they refused to fill it up. I don't care about a tank of gas, for I can fill it up on my own. It's the principle of it and professionalism that gets me. Grant, our sales person was absolutely WONDERFUL and extremely helpful! He went out of his way and even did his own research to try get a better understanding of some things so he could better answer our question! He sold us a wonderful car and we are loving it! Honestly, I would recommend this place to others but I recommend you take extra caution when it comes to getting protection for you car because if you aren't aware, they might take advantage of you without you knowing it! If I didn't know the door edges were supposed to have invisible shields, I wouldn't have even thought to tell them. The only reason I knew was because a former employee there told me and I saw it on a model car there. My experience at this dealership was shot down drastically once we hit the accessory dept. Poor poor customer service!

bad customer service

by from maplewood, mn |

customer service was not very professional. inquired about a used vehicle with slightly higher miles and asked if timing belt had been changed. juan guzman told me that timing belts were not used anymore and chains were used instead so i didn't have to worry. come to find out later on my own research that the vehicle did indeed use a timing belt and was not changed. he clearly lied to me/misinformed me because he was quick about answering me and wanted to close the sale. Also, he was helping out other customers at the same time as helping me so he wasn't focused on answering all my questions. once he knew he had me sold on the car, he didn't care much help very much with assisting my needs, except for selling me the car to make money. as he was filling paper work out, he didnt even know the model of the car and had to ask me to tell him. very unprofessional if you dont even know what you are selling! would not recommend working with this guy. called back in to talk to a manager and explain the situation, he offered to fix the timing belt in house but i didn't trust them fixing it because i already had been lied to. after i said i didnt trust them, he accused me of saying he was a liar and laughed at me over the phone. once again, very unprofessional! in the end, they met me half way for the cost to get the timing belt to be done else where. a very big headached to have to deal with this matter. although they did help me a little, the stress and frustration makes it almost not worth it. will not be going back to this dealership ever! especially after reading similar reviews, I will avoid this dealership at all cost!

Pre owned Nissan purchase

by from St Paul MN |

Purchased a Certified 2011 Maxima from Randy at Kline Nissan, what a wonderful time. I shopped all arould the Twin Cities and Kline Nissan is one of the few that offer Certified Nissans and they have a great selection. Customer service/ price/ selection all top notch. Thank You, Tim L

Excellent

by from Maplewood, mn |

Had my vehicle service at online even though I purchased it at another dealer. Liked the service department so much I bought a new truck from Aaron he gave the same high level of customer service as the service department. Go see Kline for service or sales.

Went in for service

by from Minneapolis, mn |

I went in for service as I am new to the area. The service people were so wonderful I ended up purchasing a second vehicle for our family. Go see one of the service guys for repair needs and/or one of the sales staff for a purchase of a new or used vehicle.

never going back there again.

by from woodbury, MN |

I bought a Maxima from this place a month ago. There were several mistakes in the paperwork and they called me to go there again, because they gave me the wrong APR. They only gave me one key for the car and didn't have the decency to buy another key for us $240. couple of weeks later, i checked the Air filter, this nasty old air filter came out which was never changed, that shows that they never even looked at the car and sold it as they bought it. I have the picture of the airfilter which I wish I could post here. I changed the oil right away, which also looked old. One more thing, never ever put on a deposit for a car. They asked me for a 500 dollar deposit and i gave them a 100 dollars, my biggest mistake. Never going back there. I urge you not to go there either. I had a survey call from them a month later and I complained but nothing. I am placing this review everywhere I can.

Misrepresented and over-priced

by from Saint Paul |

While searching for a used car I found one I wanted to look at, located at Kline Nissan. Since the car was above book, I assumed it would be in excellent condition. It was not. The thing needed shocks/struts so badly that by braking slightly the front end bounced up and down. There were other issues too, which is to be expected in a used car, but if a vehicle needs obvious repairs, this should be mentioned in an ad before people spend time, effort and money coming to test drive a vehicle.