Gary Rome Hyundai

1000 Main St, Holyoke, MA 01040

the best service

by from holyoke,ma |

the best service anywhere . Always friendly and cheerful. They converse in a very friendly manner. and the wait time is always minimal.

Great service department

by from Ludlow, ma |

Service was done quickly and on time. Waiting area not too comfortable but adequate for a short wait and they do have wi-fi.

Employees are excellent. Car has quirks

by from Holyoke, MA |

I have nothing but praise for the employees at Gary Rome Hyundai. They've always treated me with respect and are good to explain the service provided or what's needed. do wish they wouldn't smoke so near the building because the odor wafts in every time the door is opened. As for the car.. I love the aesthetics and the options that my 2012 Elantra has. I bought it new for the warranty and got the whole package. I am really unhappy with the ride and handling of the Elantra. It drives hard. Perhaps it's the nature of the low profile tires but had I known the ride would be cringe-worthy, I wouldn't have gone with that style of tire. What I thought would be a wheel bearing turned out to be a destroyed rim that comes with an almost 600.00 replacement cost. Like any dealership, the cost of parts in general seems high to me. Yes, NE winters are rough but I really feel that the materials used on the Elantra are sub-par. My steering wheel has peeled and the thin leather seats are easily scratched. But, where else can you get the options I have at the price I paid? I guess this is how one decides if "getting what you pay for" is worth the savings.

nothing but wonderful

by from t.f.ma |

I brought my car in yesterday for an oil change and requested a check on a tapping noise as well. We had wonderful support from Patrick who answered all of our questions, organized our delivery and pick-up at the mall and explained that the car was perfectly safe. Our driver was a friendly and kind man and Colton too, was exceptional with our questions about our GPS. Along with all of these good experiences we also appreciated the complimentary car wash. All of these "little things" added up to a 10 experience.

Great Service

by from Holyoke, MA |

Went in for service on time and received the service recommended. Received a phone call indicating that we were eligible for new tires. Only had minimal charges. Told the car would beady at a certain time and it was. Thank you for the service.

Never Again . . .

by from Springfield, MA |

I bought a new vehicle from them some years ago. I had it regularly serviced there. I always found the service people to be friendly and helpful. No problem so far. However, during one service visit a woman behind the counter insulted me when I asked a question which she misunderstood. I was not hostile, but I tried to correct her. She became louder and I backed off because other customers were now watching her and the scene was embarrassing. One of the mechanics was at the service desk at the time (apparently talking with her before I interrupted them) and he became extremely nasty with me and actually began threatening my vehicle. He ended his tirade by suggesting I hang onto all my receipts because they might accidentally get deleted from the computer and the cost of a new engine was very expensive. His message was very clear - he was in a position to destroy my vehicle. I was stunned. As I recall I think his name was Steve and I believe her name was Maria. I spoke with Gary Rome. He seemed to show little interest (he was doing something on a computer while talking with me), but did assure me he would take care of it. I don't know what he did, if anything. Shortly after this incident I sold the vehicle and never returned there. As I wrote earlier, this was some years ago, but a threat like this you do not forget. Oh and the question she misunderstood? I asked her if there was a better aftermarket oil filter I could have them put on the vehicle. I told her regardless of cost if there was a better one - I wanted it. She replied loudly, "I'm sooo sick of you guys trying to save 99 cents. You buy a new car and you wanna save 99 cents." And she went on along that line, berating me in front of other customers. I tried to correct her by telling her I was trying to spend more money to get a better filter, not trying to save money, but she wouldn't listen. She didn't understand and went on about my being 'cheap.' This is when the mechanic jumped in and threatened me with 'making mistakes on my vehicle which could cost me an engine.' Like I said, this was some years ago but you do not forget an incident like this . . . I never got an apology from Gary Rome - I never heard anything. I did from all the other service people when I came in there some time later - they were very much aware both the woman who insulted me and the mechanic who threatened my vehicle were way out of line and should not have done that. They did say something was done, but I don't know what. I was friendly with the other service people, as I always was, and told them I understood. But as I said earlier, I sold my vehicle and never returned.

Great follow-up service and friendly atmosphere.

by from Southampton, MA |

Sometimes I wonder why I see anything else but Hyundais when I'm driving down the road. We've had a Sonata and now a Santa Fe for the past several years. BOTH dependable vehicles that perform extremely well and are as reliable as teh sun coming up in the east. Our daughter drives an Elantra and has had the same type of experience with her vehicle, as well. In fact, several of our friends have bought Hyundai models in recent year and they feel the same way about their vehicles as well. So, having one of the most reliable cars made backed by one of the most dependable dealerships found anywhere makes a purchase at Gary Rome Hyundai not only a pleasant experience. but a brilliant one as well.

Service

by from Westfield, MA |

I brought my car in to see if the problem was under recall. I was greeted at 8:00am with an attitude and had to deal with the attitude the whole time I dealt with the service department. I refused to have my car repaired there. I was asked "why did you bring it here then?" I was also quoted less of a fee to have it looked at then I was charged. I left Gary Rome a message to please return my call with no results.

Bad seat material

by from Belchertown,MA |

I am leasing a 2012 Veloster. I like the car very much except for the seats. A month or so after I started my lease I noticed staining on the black seats. I had not had any liquid in the car and can only assume it is rain water stain. I brought it back to Gary Rome Hyundai, Holyoke MA and the service person said they didn't know what it was. He gave me the name & phone number of the person who does their detailing to see if he could help me with the problem. I called the detailer and he came & cleaned the seat at my expense..the stains were gone or so I thought... they were back in a week. He came back and dyed the seat at my expense and it looked like new.... for awhile until the stains returned. Every time I get out or in when it's raining out I acquire a few more stains and have also acquired some on the passenger seat due to having a passenger who got in or out when it was raining. I had brought the car back a second time and was told pretty much had to live with it, that there had not been any complaints from other Veloster owners. Has there been any other such complaints? I feel, and anyone who see's my seats feel that the seat material is defective and the company should address it.

BUYING A NEW CAR

by from SPRINGFIELD MA |

I WENT LOOKING FOR A NEW SUV. I SPOTTED THIS HYUNDAI TUSCON ON THE LOT AND WENT INTO THE SHOW ROOM WHERE I MET JACK EISENSTADT. HE TOOK ME OUT TO SEE THE CAR AND THEN FOR A TEST RUN. HE WAS MOST HELPFUL EVEN THOUGH IT WAS HIS DAY OFF. THANKS JACK.