Gary Rome Hyundai

1000 Main St, Holyoke, MA 01040

Never Again . . .

by from Springfield, MA |

I bought a new vehicle from them some years ago. I had it regularly serviced there. I always found the service people to be friendly and helpful. No problem so far. However, during one service visit a woman behind the counter insulted me when I asked a question which she misunderstood. I was not hostile, but I tried to correct her. She became louder and I backed off because other customers were now watching her and the scene was embarrassing. One of the mechanics was at the service desk at the time (apparently talking with her before I interrupted them) and he became extremely nasty with me and actually began threatening my vehicle. He ended his tirade by suggesting I hang onto all my receipts because they might accidentally get deleted from the computer and the cost of a new engine was very expensive. His message was very clear - he was in a position to destroy my vehicle. I was stunned. As I recall I think his name was Steve and I believe her name was Maria. I spoke with Gary Rome. He seemed to show little interest (he was doing something on a computer while talking with me), but did assure me he would take care of it. I don't know what he did, if anything. Shortly after this incident I sold the vehicle and never returned there. As I wrote earlier, this was some years ago, but a threat like this you do not forget. Oh and the question she misunderstood? I asked her if there was a better aftermarket oil filter I could have them put on the vehicle. I told her regardless of cost if there was a better one - I wanted it. She replied loudly, "I'm sooo sick of you guys trying to save 99 cents. You buy a new car and you wanna save 99 cents." And she went on along that line, berating me in front of other customers. I tried to correct her by telling her I was trying to spend more money to get a better filter, not trying to save money, but she wouldn't listen. She didn't understand and went on about my being 'cheap.' This is when the mechanic jumped in and threatened me with 'making mistakes on my vehicle which could cost me an engine.' Like I said, this was some years ago but you do not forget an incident like this . . . I never got an apology from Gary Rome - I never heard anything. I did from all the other service people when I came in there some time later - they were very much aware both the woman who insulted me and the mechanic who threatened my vehicle were way out of line and should not have done that. They did say something was done, but I don't know what. I was friendly with the other service people, as I always was, and told them I understood. But as I said earlier, I sold my vehicle and never returned.

Great follow-up service and friendly atmosphere.

by from Southampton, MA |

Sometimes I wonder why I see anything else but Hyundais when I'm driving down the road. We've had a Sonata and now a Santa Fe for the past several years. BOTH dependable vehicles that perform extremely well and are as reliable as teh sun coming up in the east. Our daughter drives an Elantra and has had the same type of experience with her vehicle, as well. In fact, several of our friends have bought Hyundai models in recent year and they feel the same way about their vehicles as well. So, having one of the most reliable cars made backed by one of the most dependable dealerships found anywhere makes a purchase at Gary Rome Hyundai not only a pleasant experience. but a brilliant one as well.

Service

by from Westfield, MA |

I brought my car in to see if the problem was under recall. I was greeted at 8:00am with an attitude and had to deal with the attitude the whole time I dealt with the service department. I refused to have my car repaired there. I was asked "why did you bring it here then?" I was also quoted less of a fee to have it looked at then I was charged. I left Gary Rome a message to please return my call with no results.

Bad seat material

by from Belchertown,MA |

I am leasing a 2012 Veloster. I like the car very much except for the seats. A month or so after I started my lease I noticed staining on the black seats. I had not had any liquid in the car and can only assume it is rain water stain. I brought it back to Gary Rome Hyundai, Holyoke MA and the service person said they didn't know what it was. He gave me the name & phone number of the person who does their detailing to see if he could help me with the problem. I called the detailer and he came & cleaned the seat at my expense..the stains were gone or so I thought... they were back in a week. He came back and dyed the seat at my expense and it looked like new.... for awhile until the stains returned. Every time I get out or in when it's raining out I acquire a few more stains and have also acquired some on the passenger seat due to having a passenger who got in or out when it was raining. I had brought the car back a second time and was told pretty much had to live with it, that there had not been any complaints from other Veloster owners. Has there been any other such complaints? I feel, and anyone who see's my seats feel that the seat material is defective and the company should address it.

BUYING A NEW CAR

by from SPRINGFIELD MA |

I WENT LOOKING FOR A NEW SUV. I SPOTTED THIS HYUNDAI TUSCON ON THE LOT AND WENT INTO THE SHOW ROOM WHERE I MET JACK EISENSTADT. HE TOOK ME OUT TO SEE THE CAR AND THEN FOR A TEST RUN. HE WAS MOST HELPFUL EVEN THOUGH IT WAS HIS DAY OFF. THANKS JACK.

Gary Rome Hyundai.com,

by from Belchertown Ma |

I have been an ongoing customer of Gary Rome Hyundai for 3 vehicles now. Every buying experience has become better and easier over the years. When they say, they treat you like family.. they mean it!!! I was in the looking mode today. I knew I needed a better more stable vehicle for the winter. John Linnehan helped put me in a vehicle that is just right for me. The buying process went quickly and smoothly. I will be picking up my new sorento tomorrow. I thank all of you for your professionalism. It was a pleasure doing business with you.

Fantastic experience

by from West Springfield ma |

I recently bought a 2011 sonata with John Linnehan at Gary Rome Hyundai. My experience with the entire staff was absolutely superb. John was more than helpful and I never felt any pressure to buy. He explained everything to me in great detail and I knew when I left that I had made the best decision to buy from Gary Rome. He is a great representation of what a salesman should be and I would recommend him to all of my friends and family.

Great, friendly enviornment!!!!!

by from Chicoppe |

I just bought a 2013 Hyundai Elantra from Gary Rome Hyundai, my sales associate was John Lennahn, LOVE LOVE LOVE him, not only was he very friendly and knowledgeable, but he was very down to earth and fun too which is a very welcoming feeling when your buying a car (no one wants the feel of a pushy car sales men). My first outstanding experience was, for me personally I hate white and silver cars, and the smoke grey Elantra my mother had looked at ended up selling that same night and all the was available at my price point the next day when my mother had went to tell John that I was interested in seeing was a white one, my mother had told John that I was very interested but that the white, she knew was a definite no go!!!! John asked my mother to give him a minute to see what he could do, and when he returned he told my mother he could have another smoke grey one at the lot by 4:00 which was perfect since I got out of work at 4 and would be at the lot by 4:30. To my surprise not only was the smoke grey Elantra there when I got there but John had also had the car running since it was a 90% day and he didn't want me to have to test drive a car that I would die in.... Kudos!! After my test drive I was still uncertain as to what vehicle to go with as I had looked at so many and the thing that pushed me into Gary Rome's direction was the fact that they did not push me AT ALL. I ended up meeting Gary Rome him self who was extremely helpful not only with my overall buying process but he also managed to get me into the car I wanted brand new at the price I wanted oh and did I mention that I have glaucoma and very very very light sensitive eyes which other wise has nothing to do with a car review except for the fact that the car I liked didn't have tint on the windows and Gary Rome had the tint put on for me (I would say for free due to the fact that I didn't see any added fees but I'm not that silly) I'm am sure that I paid for the tint some how somewhere but it was the simple fact that he and John went out of their way to get it done and all by the next day which was when I wanted to pick up my car. Oh and did I mention that John had to come and take the car to get the tint put on because the guys who usually do them things didn't come in until 10:30 only the appoint for the tint was at 9:30, and he also stayed, (or came back not sure) after 5:00 pm that night to be there to finish up the paperwork with me and go through every single button in the car with me step by step ( on his day off ) instead of passing me off to someone else. Everyone has different experiences I'm sure but mine at Gary Rome so far has been my best ever, so good that if the treatment carries over to the customer service and repairs should I ever need them, I don't think I will ever have to buy a car anywhere else when I am looking to upgrade again..... Hope this helps. Oh and my mother received a $$$$ 50.00 dollar check just for being the one to stop there and have me come in to look at a car... Great place great people and so far GREAT car.

Used car purchase

by from Holyoke MA |

I was looking all over for a car and I wasnt getting the price i wanted and a lot of back and forth with sales rep. and sales manager. Gary Rome doesn't have that problem. I received a good price, without a lot of haggling. It was refreshing. Thanks John Linnehan.

Great Service, Friendly Atmosphere

by from Ludlow, MA |

With the suggestion from my daughter's boyfriend, I went to Gary Rome Hyundai's website to research for a used vehicle for myself. My sales representative was John Linnehan. He was very knowledgeable about the car and the business, since he has been employed there for 11 years. I feel that between John and George, the sales manager, my experience was extraordinary. They bent over backwards to get me the best deal possible, with the help of Gary Rome. They also allowed me to test drive the vehicle to work and then back to get a better "feel" for the car. I will be sure to go back there when a new vehicle is needed for myself of my children. Thank you