Gary Rome Hyundai

1000 Main St, Holyoke, MA 01040

Gary Rome Hyundai.com,

by from Belchertown Ma |

I have been an ongoing customer of Gary Rome Hyundai for 3 vehicles now. Every buying experience has become better and easier over the years. When they say, they treat you like family.. they mean it!!! I was in the looking mode today. I knew I needed a better more stable vehicle for the winter. John Linnehan helped put me in a vehicle that is just right for me. The buying process went quickly and smoothly. I will be picking up my new sorento tomorrow. I thank all of you for your professionalism. It was a pleasure doing business with you.

Fantastic experience

by from West Springfield ma |

I recently bought a 2011 sonata with John Linnehan at Gary Rome Hyundai. My experience with the entire staff was absolutely superb. John was more than helpful and I never felt any pressure to buy. He explained everything to me in great detail and I knew when I left that I had made the best decision to buy from Gary Rome. He is a great representation of what a salesman should be and I would recommend him to all of my friends and family.

Great, friendly enviornment!!!!!

by from Chicoppe |

I just bought a 2013 Hyundai Elantra from Gary Rome Hyundai, my sales associate was John Lennahn, LOVE LOVE LOVE him, not only was he very friendly and knowledgeable, but he was very down to earth and fun too which is a very welcoming feeling when your buying a car (no one wants the feel of a pushy car sales men). My first outstanding experience was, for me personally I hate white and silver cars, and the smoke grey Elantra my mother had looked at ended up selling that same night and all the was available at my price point the next day when my mother had went to tell John that I was interested in seeing was a white one, my mother had told John that I was very interested but that the white, she knew was a definite no go!!!! John asked my mother to give him a minute to see what he could do, and when he returned he told my mother he could have another smoke grey one at the lot by 4:00 which was perfect since I got out of work at 4 and would be at the lot by 4:30. To my surprise not only was the smoke grey Elantra there when I got there but John had also had the car running since it was a 90% day and he didn't want me to have to test drive a car that I would die in.... Kudos!! After my test drive I was still uncertain as to what vehicle to go with as I had looked at so many and the thing that pushed me into Gary Rome's direction was the fact that they did not push me AT ALL. I ended up meeting Gary Rome him self who was extremely helpful not only with my overall buying process but he also managed to get me into the car I wanted brand new at the price I wanted oh and did I mention that I have glaucoma and very very very light sensitive eyes which other wise has nothing to do with a car review except for the fact that the car I liked didn't have tint on the windows and Gary Rome had the tint put on for me (I would say for free due to the fact that I didn't see any added fees but I'm not that silly) I'm am sure that I paid for the tint some how somewhere but it was the simple fact that he and John went out of their way to get it done and all by the next day which was when I wanted to pick up my car. Oh and did I mention that John had to come and take the car to get the tint put on because the guys who usually do them things didn't come in until 10:30 only the appoint for the tint was at 9:30, and he also stayed, (or came back not sure) after 5:00 pm that night to be there to finish up the paperwork with me and go through every single button in the car with me step by step ( on his day off ) instead of passing me off to someone else. Everyone has different experiences I'm sure but mine at Gary Rome so far has been my best ever, so good that if the treatment carries over to the customer service and repairs should I ever need them, I don't think I will ever have to buy a car anywhere else when I am looking to upgrade again..... Hope this helps. Oh and my mother received a $$$$ 50.00 dollar check just for being the one to stop there and have me come in to look at a car... Great place great people and so far GREAT car.

Used car purchase

by from Holyoke MA |

I was looking all over for a car and I wasnt getting the price i wanted and a lot of back and forth with sales rep. and sales manager. Gary Rome doesn't have that problem. I received a good price, without a lot of haggling. It was refreshing. Thanks John Linnehan.

Great Service, Friendly Atmosphere

by from Ludlow, MA |

With the suggestion from my daughter's boyfriend, I went to Gary Rome Hyundai's website to research for a used vehicle for myself. My sales representative was John Linnehan. He was very knowledgeable about the car and the business, since he has been employed there for 11 years. I feel that between John and George, the sales manager, my experience was extraordinary. They bent over backwards to get me the best deal possible, with the help of Gary Rome. They also allowed me to test drive the vehicle to work and then back to get a better "feel" for the car. I will be sure to go back there when a new vehicle is needed for myself of my children. Thank you

BAD EXPIERANCE ALL AROUND

by from Sommers ct |

2 days after buying a 2012 sonata limited Demo I noticed they didn?t change the oil and the back brakes had deep score marks in them along with a problem with my sunroof. Called Glenn call and made an appointment to fix this. 4 techs said my brown dirty oil was just changed??? Glenn pulled records and found it was over 3 months earlier this was done. Next the brakes had car from 9:30 in the morning and called me to come back over 2 hours later to tell me why deep grooves in the breaks were normal??? I told the service manager and glenn I wanted new rotors and new pads put on the car the brakes were making a grinding sound. They turned down my rotors and sanded down the old pads and put them back on couldn't even put a $35.00 set of new pads on a newer car. Now it doesn't feel right .I am going to have to get the brakes redone somewhere else. No rental car even though I told them I had to get to work that night. Called service manager to get roof fixed and never called me back. Guess I have to go to another dealer that cares about there customers to get that fixed. Worst customer service I've ever had. If I had known I would have bought my car somewhere else. Good luck people this was my experience and opinion

Gary Rome Hyundai responded to this review

May 13, 2013

I'm sorry Bill, for the inconvenience. As you referenced, I asked you to bring the vehicle, which was purchased as a Demo unit, with aprox 7000 miles to us to evaluate your concerns. Upon inspection, it was noted that the scoring and noise from the brakes was caused by surface rust. Additionally, the problem with the sunroof was from a displaced seal, and the oil had the appearence of not being changed. As discussed, the oil had just been changed, and affirmed by the technician, But we would gladly perform the service again, which we did. The noise from the dispaced seal had to be ordered, and upon arrival, scheduling for install was to be completed. To date, it hasnt been scheduled by you. Regarding the brakes, a full service had been performed to correct the isue of rust. The correction consisted of turn the rotors to resurface. Prior to turning, the rotors where .39mm, and the left was turned to .386mm and the right turned to .387mm . This was all that was required to correct the scoring from rust entrapped between rotors and pads. The pads where also surfaced. new pads are 11mm, and these where 10mm, with the vehicle having over 7000 miles on it. With no permanant damage, there was no need to replace componants, as condition was like new. At your convenience, please schedule for the seal replacement, so we can complete all concerns left open.

Great Service

by from Holyoke, MA |

I just leased a 2013 elantra from gary rome hyundai with john linnehan as my salesman. He was great. He took the time to walk me through everything step by step, as it was my first time doing this. He answered any questions I had and always answered his phone when I called. Overall it was a good experience and I'm glad with the way everything turned out.

New car purchase

by from Springfield, MA |

Purchased an Elantra today from John Linnehan at Gary Rome Hyundai. Very pleased with him and the experience as a whole. Was planning to buy a used car and ended up with a new one. I was impressed with the efficiency in getting my new car on the road in such a short amount of time. Everyone was great and I will be happy to send my friends to John Linnehan and Gary Rome. Thanks, Pat Booth

Purchase of 2013 Hyundai Sonata

by from Holyoke, MA |

My husband and I last purchased a new car in 2001. I had been looking at newspapers ads for a few months. I saw newspaper article recommending the Sonata. I got my husband to go look at one at Gary Rome. We talked with Cliff Dexheimer who showed us the 2013 model. We took it out for test drive and fell in love. We purchssed it 3 days later. Very professional and friendly staff.

Horrible expierence

by from Chicopee, MA |

WOW! What can I say about the worst expierence in buying a car in my entire life. I must say when the internet consultant contacted me on Monday 3/26 by phone to go there and look at vehicles that day he was a bit hard to have a conversation with. I brushed that off and said lets go there and still give it a shot. I went there asked for him, he came out and smiled and led me to Michael Pijar. Michael was quick to get me into the 2012 Hyundai Tuscon which is exactally what I was looking for and have researched. I let him know what I was looking for, what I needed to have done (trade in) and what my monthly payments needed to be.. We took the car for a test drive which was perfect as expected. We sat down to talk business afterward and at first all was well. He then was asking question I already told him the answer was no to and that I would not budge on... I didnt NEED a vehicle I already had one so there was no need for me to have to purchace one. I then left at 5:00 when he said to me it will be to late to contact the banks and that I will here something from him in the morning. Well the next morning came, I e-mailed Michael to find out the status and I received no response. I then called the dealership and was told that he was off that day and then transfered to Jessica in the finance office. I asked for the status and was then informed that she had only been at work for 2 hours and that she will get to submitted to the banks in about a half an hour and she will let me know. Two hours go by and nothing from her, so I call to find out the status yes or no it didnt matter I just wanted to know what was up. Left a message no response. I then emailed the office manager Mary, thought she is a manager maybe she will at the least give me a status. Mary never responded to my e-mail. I then called Jessica again and once more got her voice mail left another message. At this point I am livid at the customer service that I have received. I called and asked to speak with a manager and spoke to Dave who had atleast a better attitude and looked up all my stuff and said he would research and get back to me... In the meantime I received a message from Cliff saying that there is no final answer yet but that I might need to look into a cheaper vehicle. He also made an excuse as to why Jessica never responded.. I do not believe in excuses, the lack of customer service I received was horrible, I then emailed Cliff back and told him I am no longer going though Gary Rome and cancel all business. There is a bright side, due to the horrible expierence here, I chose to go to Balise Hyundai and the customer service there was outstanding from the moment of contact until I left thier office that night in my brand new 2012 Hyundai Tuscon..