Butler Toyota

Service 888-851-6738

With Integrity Since 1966

Easy experience

by from Indianapolis, IN |

We just bought a new Toyota Camry from Butler and I was very impressed, We had to wait for our insurance to decide if they would total our car or not before we pulled the trigger on buying a new car but through the whole process our salesman (Michael McNutt) was excellent....never felt pushed or rushed at all. I would recommend this dealership!

Poor service in my opinion

by from Peoria, IL |

I loved the 2007 Explorer they had in inventory and was ready to drive 4 hours to pick it up. I wasn't getting a great deal, they would only come down $200 and it was still $700 over the NADA retail value, and I wasn't trading a vehicle. I was shocked when Vic told me that they would not fill the gas tank for pick up. His words were "if it is on empty we would put in like $20 for you". They sent me and email two weeks later saying the car had been purchased and asking if I was interested in anything else in their inventory. I don't care if the car would have gone down in price $3000, I would rather give my business elsewhere! Which I did.

Internet Manager, it happened again. No response.

by from Indianapolis, IN |

I inquired on line to receive more information on a vehicle I was ready to purchase that day. In this day and age, doing research for two weeks on line is pretty typical. I never received a call or response. I finally made it in to the dealership a couple of days later and felt like the sales team was doing me a favor for letting me come to their place of business. Seeing how poor the experience was going to be, I decided to cut my losses early and move on even though I really wanted the car. Oh well. More research and another dealership, I'm moving on to the next one. Won't put myself through something like that. Don't want to find out how the service team would treat me if something needed to be done to the car.

Please, don't waste your time

by from Carmel, IN |

It seems they are doing a favor to you selling cars...their management is so prepotent that makes you feel your money is no good...you see the Toyota commercials on TV and realize there is connect with the dealer capability and engagement to do business with you...Don't waste your time going there

Used car for my son

by from Franklin IN |

My son and I came from Franklin to purchase a car we found on-line. The car was as advertised, the price as advertised and sales staff was excellent. During the test ride I mentioned several times that I would be paying with a check. We finished the test drive and then let them take our trade in for evaluation. They gave us a price and we agreed on a deal. I again said I will be paying with a check and took my checkbook out. We sat and filled out paperwork for TWO hours. I then get in to the finance managers office and again get my check book out. Shortly after I am for the first time told, "we need cash". I exlpained that two and a half hours ago I said I have a check, not cash. The finance manager then said they would have to hold the car for 7 to 10 days until the check cleared or I would have to pay cash. I asked if there was a Chase near by and I would go get cash. The finance manager called and asked them to stay open until I got there in about two minutes. When I got to the bank it was closed but they let me in and gave me a cashiers check because it was easier since they were closed. We went back to the finanace manager and explained that we had a cashiers check not cash. The finance guy is so finance savy he made the sales guy go get approval to accept a cashiers check which are just as secured for the bearer as cash. While the sales guy was out I asked the finance manager why my check was all of a sudden no good. He stumbled all over his answers and finally settled on we do not accept checks over a certain amount. Then he could not clarify what that amount is currently set at. I fear that the reason they would not accept my check is my appearance. It was saturday and I had not shaven since thursday so I had a beard plus neck and cheek scruff, was wearing a zip up sweat shirt and my wore out hat. This is pure speculation on my part but when I asked I feel as if I were lied to so I do not know. If I had not been there for so long I would have just gone. Anyway sales guy gets back I get the documents and the car and I am out. I have used personal checks in the past at both Acra and Ray Skillman and have never had this issue. Sales guy was great everything else was horrible! They need to study processes at Acra or Ray Skillman.

Experience

by from Indianapolis, IN. |

I emailed this dealership twice about a pre-owned vehicle they have for sale. They never contacted me back. Terrible experience!

Butler Toyota responded to this review

October 1, 2013

Hello Indy- My name is Kyle and I manage the Internet Departments for Butler. I was troubled when I read about your recent experience at Butler Toyota and wanted to personally write you to extend my apologies. It stands to reason that the main focus of our Internet Department is to respond to each and every Inquiry we receive in the quickest, and most accurate, way possible. To hear that you sent not one, but two inquiries, certainly raises a few red flags. If you could provide some additional information, we would greatly appreciate it. It's my #1 priority to ensure this does not happen again. When did you submit your Inquiries? Which vehicle were you looking at? Anything would be a tremendous help. Thank you for your assistance in this matter. From everyone here at Butler Toyota, we're sorry and hope we can get this resolved

Don't waste your time

by from Indianapolis, IN |

Unwilling to negotiate a price even when presented with advertisements for similar cars several thousand dollars cheaper. They are way overpriced and throw in extra fees. Don't waste your time.

Nice Sales Staff

by from Indianapolis,IN |

I stopped in to see a 2004 Mercury Monterey a couple of weeks ago. The sales man (Matt Brown) was very nice and helpful. Even though I was looking for a cheaper used car, I believe he gave me the same attention he would have given a new car buyer. After a few phone calls and an Email I was still unable to purchase the vehicle. It wasn't any fault on the salesman. I was being offered around $2000.00 less for my trade-in than other dealerships were offering. The salesman did all he could and I would recommend him to anybody who is currently looking for a car. SUPER NICE GUY.

purchase of used toyota camry

by from indianapolis |

Ben (our sales person) made the buying process very painless. The only issue we had was waiting for the financing to be settled - very minor problem, especially since it was a Saturday and they were busy.

Sale employee treated me horribly

by from Carmel, IN |

I came into Butler Toyota to look at my options for purchasing my first new vehicle. I went into the dealership at 530. Everyone was very nice to start, but they didn't have the car I wanted at the dealership. I continued to offer to come back on Monday, since the dealership closed at 6. Since the dealership did not have the vehicle I wanted, I wanted to test drive more models to ensure that I was buying the best vehicle for me. I said that I wanted to come back Monday to shop around some more and Gene said, "Well, I guess, but we stayed open late only because we thought we were going to wrap things up tonight" and proceeded to tell me that all employees stayed late because of me and now they stayed late for no reason. This sales representative made me feel horrible. Although I felt rushed the whole time, the other employees were nice and friendly, but Gene ruined the whole experience for me. This is my first brand new car and it is a big decision. I refuse to be rushed into buying a car, as if I were buying a pair of shoes. This sales rep embarrassed me in front of his colleagues and made me feel terrible because they stayed open late; I honestly wanted to cry. I can guarantee that I would have come back Monday, found the car I wanted and purchased it. However, because of this sales employee, I will not go back there, I will not recommend Butler Toyota and I will tell others about my horrible experience through social networking. This employee took the fun out buying a new car for me and I will be purchasing a car through Honda on Monday. It only took one employee to lose this sale for this dealership. It only takes one negative employee to ruin an entire experience for someone. I am an RN and I have to stay late almost every shift, but can you imagine if I said to a sick patient, "I was supposed to be off work at 730, but because of you I have stayed late and it was for nothing." If this is how Butler Toyota runs their business, I assure you, they are losing customers.

Great service and experience

by from Indianapolis, IN |

We traded in a Honda Accord (from Carmax) for a 2011 Camry, dealing with Michael Collins. LOVED the whole experience and we feel like we came out way ahead on the entire deal--would definitely buy from Michael and Butler again. No pressure, very professional and just a great experience. I didn't care for what was on the lot so they found another car that had what I was looking for, in an appropriate color. I never really cared for the Accord (personal preference) and am very pleased with the quiet Camry and the safey of the overall car. Can't say enough about any of it. Also went from a V6 to a 4 cylinder but the energy of the Camry makes it feel about the same power as the V6 but with less gas consumption.