Kent Brown Toyota

Big Flats Consumer Square, Big Flats, NY 14903

Used 866-428-0762

Just what we needed!

by from Ithaca, NY |

My husband and I were in the market for a truck. We bought a 2008 Tundra and are very pleased with our purchase! We worked with Nick Wood, who is fairly new to the dealership in sales, and he handled the sale very professionally. Some car salesmen are pushy and annoying, but not this guy. He was able to help us work out an affordable deal for the truck, and answered all of our questions. There was a small problem, but it was handled well. We were told that the truck would be filled with gas, but it was only filled halfway when we drove it off the lot. Upon bringing this to their attention, we were told that selling used cars with half tanks of gas is the industry standard (which I think is crazy, but OK), and the employee who told us that (not Nick) misspoke, but that they would honor their promise with a gas card. This is what I would consider excellent customer service - when you have a problem and you address it quickly and to your customer's satisfaction. Being able to admit when you've made a mistake, even a small one, is admirable from a business. We bought the extended warranty and plan to bring it there for service as needed.

I can't believe they actually sell cars!

by from Welsboro, Pa |

Very disorganized! Luckily, Toyotas sell themselves because this dealership has 0 customer service skills.

NICE EXPERIANCE

by from Apalachin N.Y |

I was looking a car over 3 months I did try many dealerships in 100 miles range from my place which is Apalachin N.Y. Nothing could impress me and Price tags were not reasonable. Finally I found KENT BROWN TOYOTA Elmira N.Y on Cars.Com. I drove there Saturday just to look at this 2010 Honda CRV. Mr Ron Bush helped me through whole process. His customer skills,reasonable price,quality worked together and I left the dealership with this beautiful CRV. I am really happy with my purchase.Mr Ron bush made everything so easy. I am thankful to Kent Brown Team and specially to Ron bush!!!

they don't keep their words

by from Canada |

Delership did not keep their words. They charged me extra right at the time of pickup. I had already paid most of the money and did not have choise but to go ahead with the transaction. Don't use them or if you do make sure you get everything in writing. Can't trust someone who does not keep their words.

Great experience at Kent Brown!!!

by from Ithaca NY |

I researched used cars on cars.com and found a beauty: 2008 Rav4 at Kent Brown Toyota. I worked with Bill Peters, a great guy, who listened to my situation and walked me through the carfax, the financing and all the features on the car. The price was just right and Bill got me a financing deal that was 4 percentage points lower than my credit union!! All around a great experience, and I LOVE MY NEW CAR!

2010 Toyota Corolla

by from Geneseo, NY |

Got a great deal on a 2010 Toyota Corolla. Sales team was friendly and not overly pushy.

Terrible experience

by from Big Flats, NY |

I visited Kent Brown to buy a brand new vehicle. We test drove it and really liked it. Upon negotiating the price of the vehicle and trade, we proceeded to do a final walk through of the vehicle and found scratches and a dent and decided that we weren't going to purchase that particular vehicle. The sales manager had a verbal altercation with our sales person in front of the entire store, which was completely off base. Then, they argued with us about the scratches not actually being scratches, but even after waxing, they were still visable. We tried multiple times to tell them that we weren't interested in this vehicle, but they kept pushing it at us. The used car manager then comes out with a terrible attitude and says, very abrasively, "You don't have to buy it, it's priced very well". I'm sorry, but I'm not interested in a dented and scratched NEW vehicle. Unfortunately, this wasn't the first experience I have had like this with Kent Brown. Never again will I step foot on their dealership because of their customer service. Our sales person was very helpful, but unfortunately could not make up for the other's terrible customer service practices.

Kent Brown Toyota responded to this review

September 26, 2012

I am sorry that you feel the way you do. We tried to make you a great offer on the truck. This particular vehicle was a demonstrator vehicle for Watkins Glen International and as such had a small ding and a couple very small scratches and had 114 miles on it. We then informed you that was the reason for the discount. This vehicle was $1,600 less than the equivalently equipped vehicle. As you said we informed you that you did not have to purchase the vehicle. I am sorry that we will not have the chance to earn your business but we extended to you every opportunity to save a substantial amount of money on this vehicle or a vehicle free of any imperfections at the normal price $1,600 more.