Tom Bannen Chevrolet Buick GMC Nashville

2340 Gallatin Pike N, Madison, TN 37115

Used 615-851-4147

The worst!

by from Madison TN |

I had my 2012 chevy sonic towed to Tom Bannen after the gear shift broke on me & I was unable to get it out of park. The whole experience was a complete nightmare! First they tell me that the repair was not covered under my warranty, then they tell me that they would have to order the part & it would take 3 to 4 days before they would be able to fix it. After they finished with the repair I returned to pick up my car but nobody could seem to tell me where my car was! After a few minutes complaining to the young man who couldn't seem to find my car another older gentleman approached me & acted as if I were causing a scene for no reason.. I them proceed to exit the service center since it seemed to me that I wasn't going to be receiving any competent service from anyone in there & tried to locate my car myself. After walking around the building I finally found it parked in the back UNLOCKED and when I returned to the service center let them know I found my car they seemed to have lost the same young man who couldn't tell me where my car was located then quoted a price much higher than I was originally told I would be paying for the part & repair. At that point I had enough of that whole place paid my bill & left in my car. Right after I pulled into my driveway I realized that a part of my dash located above my gear shift was not completely put back together!!!! Altogether I would recommend everyone steal clear of Tom Bannen Chevrolet especially if you are in need of a repair!!!

Pleasant experience

by from Nashville, TN |

The salesman I dealt with, Spencer Searcy, was very nice and helpful; I would give him high marks. But the car I thought I might be interested in did not meet my expectations; there was insufficient head-room in it. Consequently, I ended up not buying anything at this time.

Pay attention and bring your calculator!

by from Bell Buckle,TN. |

This is my explanation for why I gave Tom Bannen Chevrolet a very bad rating.On Saturday, 9/14/2013, I drove through the Tom Bannen lot and saw a demo model I was interested in. I wrote the stock number down and came to the sales office. It was probably 5:45 pm, when I entered and the salesperson asked if he could help us. We gave the stock number. He looked it up and quoted a price. He had the appraisal done on our trade in. After this he came back and told us our trade in value, then quoted a higher price for the demo. I told him, it was not the original quote, so he went back to talk to someone and comes back with the original quote, but now my trade in value was written down at a lower value and I asked him about that. He pointed to the figure on the paper and stated in an annoyed tone "THIS is your trade in value" It seemed he was annoyed from the beginning, because we were coming so close to closing time. VERY DISAPPOINTED AND UNHAPPY WITH THE CUSTOMER SERVICE WE RECEIVED!

Something not right re lack of disclosure

by from Hendersonville TN |

I am copy and pasting an email i sent to a salesperson i was dealing with at Tom Bannen. I called to speak with a sales manager re this issue after sending this email, but my call was never returned. Email below- - Melissa, To be honest with you, I was taken back with your lack of disclosure. First incident was you not wanting to give me data sheet on a possible vehicle for me to purchase with a list of options. You told me policy was not to give paperwork with VIN #'s. I informed you I really didn't care about the VIN, I just wanted a list of options to go over with my wife. I said you could white out the VIN if it makes you feel more comfortable. I thought more about this policy after leaving and It made me feel "less comfortable". Also, I couldn't understand why you would withold this info, since everyone posts VIN #'s on websites? Second incident was you denying giving me the value of my trade upon request. Some of the reasons for me requesting this information are: - Data to help me decide how much of a vehicle I can afford. - You had mentioned there will be deductions for minor hail damage, and a scratch. If that amount was substantial, it might be practical for me to run it through my insurance and repair the damage - lack of of your "openness" greatly diminishes my trust in you, and the dealership. I have bought quite a few vehicles, and this is the first time I ever ran into policies like these. I do not think this is standard practice for a car dealership. Please forward our correspondence to your sales manager to respond to my concerns. I will be looking forward to their comments. Thank You, Joseph Grucci

Don't go here, horrible service

by from Hermitage, TN |

From the minute I got there to purchase my car the salesman seems pretty disinterested in helping me and sent me off on my own to search for the vehicles I was looking for. Then when I asked him if that was all they had, he remembered there were others at another place on the lot. After I had decided to purchase the car, he took it upon himself to set a price and choose options for me without even mentioning it to me. He then sent me somewhere else to talk to the finance person, who made me wait for an hour without any updates. The finance person didn't even try to offer me the special financing deal the GMC had going on at the time until I mentioned it to him. Supposedly the salesman was making sure the vehicle was getting cleaned during this time, but it didn't look very clean to me. About three days after purchasing the vehicle, I followed a friend somewhere and they noticed that the passenger side daytime running light was out on the vehicle already. I called the salesman to see what could be done and he said he would find out and we set a day for me to bring it in two days later. I called him on that day (Friday), and he didn't even remember the previous conversation and had done nothing to get the issue resolved, so we set another day (next Wednesday). He told me to call him on Monday to make sure. I called on Monday and he wasn't available, so I left a voice mail. He never responded to the voice mail. I tried calling again on Tuesday and he was out, so I asked to be put through to his manager and left a voice mail with him. Again, no call back from either the salesperson, or his manager. I called again on Wednesday, and left another voice mail. The salesperson finally called me back, and once again didn't remember anything from the previous conversations. I'm still waiting to get the issue resolved. During this, I also tried to get in touch with the service department via there online form. I only received the email that they received the form, but no other contact, even after a response to the email. The service is so poor at this dealership as to be non-existant. I really should have walked away, but I really liked the car.

Excellent Transaction

by from Greensburg, Ky |

Huge selection and a great deal. We'll definitely be back.

Excellent Transaction

by from Greensburg, Ky |

The best vehicle transaction that I have had. We drove 120 miles from home to Tom Bannen Chevrolet after communicating by phone and email pertaining to a new 2011 Tahoe. The sales manager did exactly what he had said on the phone and actually better on a price. Very smooth transaction and we will definitely visit this dealership on our next vehicle purchase.