Antwerpen Volkswagen

New 888-966-2815
Service 866-468-3997

Excellent Buying Experience

by from Pasadena, MD |

Just bought a brand new GLI from Antwerpen VW and I couldn't be happier. First off this is a great location for a test drive beacuse you can hop on 100 right next to the dealership and really see what a car is made of. The salesman, Chris Hunn was awesome and extremely patient and knowledgable. If you've been to a dealership before you know that sometimes it feels like you're being rushed into buying something without knowing what you really want, and that never happened here. We test drove three different cars, and Chris was patient with us all along the way. What really sold me is how they handled us leaving to look at a car at another dealership. Chris stayed in contact with me, but was never pushy. When it came to the negotiating process they were very upfront, and made an awesome offer on my trade in without the usual haggling. I can tell you they beat other dealerships by a lot on my trade in. Neil and and (a different) Chris were awesome managers and worked with me on the payments I wanted. When it finally came time to do the financial paperwork Tony was also great and he made the process very easy and transparent. Overall it was a great car buying experience. Great inventory, staff, and customer service. I highly recommend Antwerpen. Oh, and the GLI is AMAZING.

AMAZING experience.

by from Alexandria, VA |

The only kind of car I had ever bought was my first one back when I was 16 years old. Needless to say, that was a while ago and it was a beat up clunk of metal that I bought from an individual person. So making the choice to buy a car was a huge decision for me & it was one that I didn't take lightly - after all, this would probably be the biggest commitment I've ever made in my life thus far. I was especially nervous to step foot into a dealership for fear of being taken advantage of or made to feel stupid. The moment I walked into Antwerpen I was greeted with a friendly smile & I told the nice man that I had spoken with Nathan on the phone earlier in the day. I waited just a couple minutes before Nathan greeted both me and my friend with such a laid-back and approachable demeanor. Any feelings of nervousness disappeared as he joked with us and put absolutely NO pressure on me. I knew exactly which car I wanted to look at (the beautiful Sky Blue 2012 Mazda3) so he lead me to it, and before I realized it we were in his office talking numbers. I seriously cannot express enough how thankful I am that I just so happened to talk to Nathan on the phone and that I ended up working with him. Not only was he hilarious, he was relatable on a personal level and never pushed me to do anything that was outside of my comfort range and budget. He went above and beyond to answer all the questions I had (believe me, there were A LOT!) and never seemed bothered. He was extremely knowledgeable and he is obviously talented at what he does. It's rare to find someone who is truly great at what they do & even more rare to see from their face that they enjoy it. I couldn't help but give him a big hug as I was preparing to drive out of the lot in my first "big girl" car. I'd recommend anyone I know to head to Antwerpen if they're looking for a truly amazing buying experience with no pressure, lots of laughs, and honest opinions. I'm so grateful & thank Antwerpen (especially Nathan) from the bottom of my heart for opening up a world of opportunity for me without emptying my bank account. Seriously, THANK YOU!

"keep paying for parts till we figure it out"

by from Pasadena MD |

There service department is very rude, don't get the job done properly the first time (no matter what the job is at hand), they break parts of your car and make you pay for them "at a 20% discount" (what a joke), they take there sweet old time, no one calls you back when you are told they will, and when they don't know how to diagnose a problem they will keep replacing parts in your car that "might be the issue" until they get it to work and then make you pay for all the parts even though they were not all broken to begin with. To top it all off I have researched OEM parts and the cost of every one can be found cheaper else wear by at least 200%. The management pretends to "work with you" when it is obvious they couldn't have a care about your concerns and are just shuffling numbers to keep trying to get more of your hard earned money from your wallet. I will never own a VW ever again and I will never recommend anyone to ever go to this dealership. I'm sure there are better VW dealers out there but after the way this place has treated me time and time again, it has ruined the entire experience for me and my family.

I highly recommend this dealer to anyone.

by from Maryland |

I and my wife purchased 2011 used Volkswagen Tiguan today. It was very clean and maintained good status & low mileage beyond we expected. The dealer "Chris" was so kind for us to explain every details about the car. The overall buying process was quite easy & quick and they offered us with satisfying price. Overall facilities were also satisfying. They have various types of cars (new & used cars) which give better options to purchase. Thus, I highly recommend this dealer to anyone who wants to purchase Volkswagen cars.

Update of previous post , mad as bleep

by from annapolis |

I posted Sunday night after a problem encountered at the dealership. The General Manager Tom Morris contacted me Monday morning. Through several emails and phone calls he heard my problem, talked with me and was very responsive. I am very appreciative of his communication and time. I would recommend visiting Tom at the dealership, he does take pride in his work. Thank you Tom for taking the time to talk

Run away!!

by from Annapolis , md |

Bought a car here, big mistake. Bait And switch, misleading ads, hidden cost, high pressure. Worst experience in 35 years of buying cars. Do your research , look at all the different websites that rate this dealer as poor. How they stay in business is beyond me. Go to ANY other dealer, you'll be glad you did

Antwerpen Volkswagen responded to this review

July 9, 2012

DIfficult to respond to an anonymous complaint that I, as the General Manager, have not had the opportunity to address. We do not bait and switch and we stand up to all of our advertising! Please feel free to contact me at 410-760-6300