Stephens Automotive Sales

Stephens Automotive Sales

5320 NW Beaver Dr, Johnston, IA 50131

Used 866-489-0409

Dealer did not contact me back

by from Ankeny, IA |

Contacted dealer on their webstie and they never responded to me. Checked back in a few days and the car was already sold. You would assume the dealer would let a prospective customer know this and offer to find another vehicle. Poor internet sales and customer service.

July 29, 2014

Here at Stephens Automotive we strive to assist every customer and I apologize that you did not get contacted through email. Though I'm 100% certain that if we had any other vehicle that would have fit your needs we would have been more than happy to assist you with your purchase.

Bought 2010 Chrysler Town and Country

by from Ankeny, IA |

We were looking for a minivan and found one at Stephens. I don't like to haggle and beat around the bush for pricing, trade in, etc. The trade-in price of our vehicle was a little low, but I feel the price of the van was also low compared to the big chain dealers, so a fair trade off. We would go back for another used vehicle.

Bought 2010 F250- courtesy oil change.

by from Johnston, IA |

Wonderful experience with Stephens Auto. Very friendly and easy to work with. Was looking at two trucks on cars.com. walked onto the lot and was tossed the keys to both for a test drive. purchased one of the trucks soon after. Truck has been perfect since and i took advantage of a courtesy oil change from the dealer after purchase. Will definitely look for my next truck from Stephens.

Worked well for me!

by from st michael mn |

I purchased an older 01 Sienna from them about 7 years ago. I drove down from Minneapolis and the minivan was available. We purchased on the spot and I've had it ever since. The price was really good and the car had low miles. I've had zero issues with the car and I've been very happy with the qualify of the toyota.

Bait 'n Switch Seller

by from Johnston, IA |

Responded to two vehicles that were advertised on this site and both ended up being vapor vehicles despite being told they were available. The ads even continued to show availability. Classic bait and switch.

August 23, 2013

We apologize that the vehicle that you were interested in was already sold. We update our website daily but third party sites like Cars.com and Autotrader.com do not stay as current as our site. I cannot really understand how you could call this "Bait and Switch"???

They don't have time to help you

by from kirksville, mo |

I did dealer chat with these people. I was asking questions about a vehicle I was interested in and he actually told me they were busy so if I had anymore questions I should stop in and see them. I live several hours away and wanted to see if the car was worth my time but apparently they don't want to sell their cars very badly. RUDE and dismissive! I would never buy a car from this dealership!!!

August 5, 2013

I am very sorry that you feel this way about the Dealer Chat you were participated in with our dealership. Though when looking at the transcript from the chat our sales staff did try and answer a few questions you had. Unfortunately they did not have time to answer detailed questions via dealer chat at that time. You were politely asked to call or stop in if you needed further information which prompted this response from you: [4:07:30 PM]Customerseriously??? what a freakin joke! I'm 130 miles away! don't advertise on cars.com if you don't have time to sell a [expletive deleted] car