Thoroughbred Nissan

5163 E. 22nd St., Tucson, AZ 85711

New 866-460-4891
Used 888-653-3465
Service 866-906-2320

The Thoroughbred Difference - "Our Family Wouldn't Have It Any Other Way!"

Best Vehicle Purchasing Experience, Hands Down!

by from Tucson, AZ |

I purchased a Nissan Juke from Thoroughbred 3 years ago, and the experience was my greatest automobile transaction ever! When it came time to purchase my 2015 Rogue, I couldn't help but want to give them my business again!! From a customer standpoint, I have observed a consistency in the thoroughbred team that extends through both their sales and service departments. To see the same team have this type of longevity, speaks highly of the environment that management has fostered. It's evident that they are concerned about customer interaction and satisfaction.

December 15, 2014

Thank you for coming back to us, Paul. We love repeat customers, and we're happy our focus on customer satisfaction is evident in our actions. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Best Dealership Car Buying Experience since 1985

by from Sierra Vista, AZ |

2015 Nissan Murano SV FWD Cayenne Red/Cashmere Cloth Our last several car purchases have been private transactions, and for good reason. I have scars going back over 35 years in dealing with car people. I did a lot of online research and decided this time we were going to do things differently: our way. We would not accept deception (lies), play games, or be called names. We were going to do this via electronic communication or not at all. We wanted our only visit to the dealership to be for taking delivery of our new vehicle. Thoroughbred and one person, Michelle Lipinski, allowed us to achieve all those goals. I emailed eight Nissan dealerships in southeastern and central Arizona. We heard back from all of them. After expressing our intent to factory order, half the dealerships ignored us, including, in our opinion, Thoroughbred. Two dealerships informed us they wouldn't/couldn't order a Murano. Only two dealerships were willing to factory order. We wanted to get Thoroughbred Nissan into the mix, as I had read good reviews. For over two weeks, my several emails (direct to a person and through Thoroughbred's website) and many attempts at live chats seemed to have been lost in cyberspace (disregarded?). On literally my last try with Thoroughbred, Michelle Lipinski picked up my live chat. That changed everything. I sent an email with a link from Nissan's website with our build to three dealerships asking for a line-itemized out-the-door quote to include all fees, sales tax, and licensing. Only Michelle Lipinski at Thoroughbred Nissan did everything we asked, giving us a written detailed quote, and offered a fair price as well. An old salesperson's adage is the first person to speak--loses. Michelle made the first offer and Thoroughbred won. After Michelle emailed us the Murano arrived, we set an appointment to take delivery three days later on April 10. Michelle turned over most of the delivery process to a salesperson. It appeared to us that either or both the paperwork and the Murano were not ready. They did have the Murano well detailed. Sara did take the time to explain the technical aspects of the vehicle and got the Bluetooth connected to the iPhone. Robert, Thoroughbred's sales manager, allowed us to park our other vehicle at the dealership all weekend as we took a trip in our new Murano, more good service. We thought it was strange that the people at Thoroughbred kept congratulating us. We spent a lot of money for a durable good that will only depreciate over time. We didn't achieve anything like win a race or get married. It happened so often we felt uncomfortable to the point of being irritated. We would have felt much more important if Thoroughbred's staff had thanked us for our business, which the owner did in a letter. Overall, delivery was a good experience, although a bit slow. Thoroughbred did not have the dealer installed interior accent lighting option completed on delivery. Through Michelle, we returned three weeks later (we live in Sierra Vista) in conjunction with travel from Tucson International Airport. Thoroughbred gave us a ride to the airport, installed the lighting, kept the Murano for a week (no parking fees), got us from the airport, and had the Murano detailed. That is great customer service! A quote I found from W. Clement Stone struck a chord with me: "Sales are contingent upon the attitude of the salesman - not the attitude of the prospect." Michelle worked through my initial obstinacy and built a good relationship. Without Michelle Lipinski, Thoroughbred Nissan would not have gotten our business. Michelle Lipinski at Thoroughbred Nissan made us feel we got a hassle-free fair deal. The last time we felt that way was almost 30 years ago, when we took delivery of our factory ordered 1986 Ford Ranger. That small dealership in rural Iowa that sold only one make of vehicles was also family-owned and operated. Does that sound familiar?

May 28, 2015

Thank you for the kind review!

Could not have been an easier transaction..

by from Tucson, Az |

I totaled my car in a car crash 3 weeks ago. After several serious injuries, I was finally able to walk and started the process of finding a newer car for myself. I drove to several dealerships over 2 days and was looking for a quality pre-owned SUV type vehicle. I drove by Thoroughbred Nissan on 22nd street in Tucson and pulled in just to look at was available. I was immediately engaged by Mr. Manuel Benitez. He was gracious and offered his services. I explained what my goal was and he asked me how I'd like to accomplish it. I told him I wanted to test drive an SUV on the lot and we went from there. He was most respectful, yet professional in his role, but there was a sense of genuine care for myself as a customer in his communication. I work in the hotel business, and right or wrong, can size people up pretty accurately in about a minute. My instincts were not wrong with "Manny". Long story shorter, I was driving away in that vehicle in 4 hours. The price was right, and the service and process most enjoyable. To top it all off, Manny drove my wife's car to my home that I had arrived in to help me out, which was a 30 minute round trip. Unbelievable!! To top it all off, Finance / paperwork transaction took all of 8 minutes. Thanks to R.J.Blevins for doing his part in making my experience pleasant as well. To top it all off, I met Oscar the owner of the dealership who takes to the floor regularly to meet his customers to ensure the business is providing the best experiences possible. Thanks for taking the time to speak with me. I can not say enough about this team and dealership, and whole heartedly endorse them for future customers. Thank you, RP Auman

October 20, 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words and for your business. We are proud to have Manny Benitez as a member of our team, and we are pleased that we were able to provide you with an excellent car buying experience. Welcome to the Thoroughbred Nissan family!

best experience ever

by from Tucson Az |

I enjoyed working with sales person and everyone who helped me get my new Altima.

September 3, 2014

Thank you for your business. Customer service is a major concern of ours, and we are thrilled that we were able to provide you with a satisfactory experience. Welcome to the Thoroughbred family!

Excellent First Visit Bought New Car

by from Cave Creek, Az |

Nearly 50 years experience buying cars, took me back to when I worked at Del Pranke Datsun, 1969, dealership was brand new, Del Pranke was respectable member of the community, he took personal pride in each car he sold, every used car was Datsun only, completely restored to like new condition automatically before the car was placed on used car area for sale, any car Del sold new or used Del Pranke him self personally guaranteed the customers satisafaction, Sales persons were highly skilled professional salesman that were well respected members of the community also, these individuals worked for Del Pranke Datsun for many years as well as Del Pranke ' Family members his son Del JR, Salesperson, wife Parts Dept Mgr, I started out washing cars lot attendant part time, still in high school, worked later in shop, entry level mechanic, four years later, went to larger dealer, Jim Fisher Nissan Mall 205 15 years there. Present day nearly impossible to find new car dealership operates like I described earlier. Every part of the process was positvely over the top, satisfying myself and my wife beyond our expectations, kudos to your company for doing so. Dan & Pam D 7/19/2014 New 2014 Pathfinder

July 29, 2014

Thank you for your business! We hope that you enjoy your 2014 Pathfinder. When you bring it in for its free first oil change, make it a Saturday so you can join us for lunch at our weekly cook out!

Great experience buying car from across the States

by from Tucson, AZ |

I've only ever bought one other new car and that was in 1988. My last used car was 2006 Nissan Altima bought in 2008. It was my first Nissan and an absolutely wonderful, economical and reliable car which I passed on to my daughter. I had been thinking about a Juke for awhile and thought it was about time to buy a new car again. I was in VA and moving to Tucson so contacted Thoroughbred online and Zach Stephens replied immediately and helped me make this process easy. He had to search for the AWD Juke SV that I wanted with the light grey interior. Although my first choice of exterior color was not available anywhere in the SW, he found my second choice and made sure to have it there ready to go the day after I arrived in town. The price negotiation went smoothly and I feel like I really got a great deal. Everyone I met from Mikal in finance to Lisa in Service and Oscar were friendly and welcoming. I'm very happy with my 2014 Juke and the car-buying experience at this dealership.

July 16, 2014

Thank you for your business! We love to hear from happy customers. When you schedule your first oil change, make it a Saturday so you can join us at our weekly cookout!

GREAT service!

by from Tucson, AZ |

From the beginning, David was always sincere, friendly & easily approachable! He listened to what we were looking for, and found the most perfect Rogue I could ever dream of! He was never ever pushy, gave sound advice like a friend, and always carried himself professionally. Kimson was SUPER in finding the Rogue I wanted with all the features I yearned for at the right price point- and in the end, both David & Kimson were making sure the Rogue I went home with was the one that I felt good with in my heart- and nothing less! I would buy again & again from David & Kimson! Except.... I really love my awesome 2014 Rogue SV!! But my hubby might be in the market soon! ;)

June 25, 2014

Thanks, Linda. We look forward to seeing you for your first free oil change. With our rewards program, you'll earn points for future service work with every visit.

Amazing Service!

by from Sahuarita, Arizona |

My husbands car died. It had been a long relationship, 20 years and over 200,000 miles. He was very depressed. Online, he found a car that caught his eye. He was at work, over 20 miles from the Thoroughbred Dealership. David Sanchez offered to drive the car to him. David arrived at the appointed time and place. The car was just right. David drove us back to the dealership, and made the rest of the transaction smooth. All at Thoroughbred were polite and professional. While I was there I got to sit in my new favorite car, the 2014 Nissan Altima. Thanks David and Thoroughbred!

June 17, 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience. Please feel free to join us for our Saturday lunch time cookouts, and follow us on Facebook, Google Pages, or Twitter.

Review of Thoroughbred Nissan

by from Tucson, AZ |

I recently purchased a new 2014 Rogue. Sales and management were exceptional in their ability to negotiate with me to get the price and financing I wanted. They made the process easy and stress free. After the purchase, I asked for an additional vehicle feature and it was provided to me free of charge even though the deal was already closed! Clearly the management has a long term view of repeat business and makes customer service their top priority. I cannot say enough about the professionalism of the entire group from management on down to sales. When it comes time for a new car/trade in, I wouldn't consider going anywhere else.

May 7, 2014

Thanks for sharing your review, Bobbi. Please keep in touch with us on Facebook and Twitter at Facebook.com/ThoroughbredNissan or Twitter.com/1stTucsonNissan. Also, don't forget about your Nissan One-to-One rewards points which will cover the cost of your first oil change.

The ball was dropped

by from tucson,az |

First the good, the used car that I bought came with a 6 month warranty. This is the only good part. Now the bad. Three days after I bought the car the check engine light comes on. I guess the salesmen was wrong when he said my car was checked over thoroughly. Called and one of the used car managers said a loaner car would be provided. I bring the car in and the used car manager said there was no money in the budget so they couldn't provide a loaner. He also stated it would only take a couple of days to fix my car. Its now NINE days later and no car. If you want to find out the status of your repair you have to call (bad customer service). The lady in the service department never calls to inform you of the status and sounds annoyed when you call her. This dealer REALLY dropped the ball on this one. So be careful

March 30, 2014

Hello, and thank you for bringing this to our attention. When you have time, please give our general manager, Johnny Lohrman, a call at (520) 618-6500 to discuss this in full detail. Thank you.

Wonderful dealership! A+ experience!

by from Marana , AZ |

I found my vehicle online , a 2014 Nissan Versa. I sent an e-mail and received a call from Zachary within the hour. Even though the website was extremely informative , Zachary answered all my additional questions. It was a no hassle experience and I went there the next business day to pick up my new Nissan. Zachary had it ready and polished right by the dealership entrance. The financing took only a few minutes and I was on my way in no time. Before I left I was introduced to the Thoroughbred repair shop , just in case any service was needed in the future. As a woman shopping for a vehicle can be intimidating and challenging. All I can say is that I had the best experience , no hassle or stress. I will be their customer for life. Thank you !

March 20, 2014

We're glad you felt welcome at our dealership, and we hope to see you again in the future. In case it wasn't mentioned, you'll earn rewards points with each visit to our service department that you can use to pay for future visits - bonus!