Des Moines Motors

Service 866-906-7568

Five Star Dealership Excellence

Just plain shady

by from Des Moines, IA |

We went here at about 10 am on a Friday, They were not busy at all so we had lots of attention. We looked at a few vehicles and decided on one in particular. After test driving it, we decided it was the one we wanted. The gentleman said, how much are we looking to put down. 1300.00 we started out with. He immediately says back, so were working with 1300 to 1500..!? Okay fine, we can do 1500. About 20 minutes later he comes back and says, there isn't anything we can do with 1500, can we go with 1800? I said wow, I don't know.. Then he says, "he's got one on the line that will work with us for 1800" I assume he meant his finance manager. We agreed after he said he guarantees he will get this done. He comes back and says alright guys now we just need about an hour to get this done. We just need to draw the papers up, you can come back in and hour and you will be good to go. After about an hour we came back and he immediately comes in and says, we need 2000.00 to do anything, and that he had a bank that will do it for 2000.00 It was getting rather late, and at this point really frustrating. Finally we agreed to 2000.00 At this point the finance manager comes in to talk to us and he says, well we got you in this vehicle, its a good vehicle.. just check it out, you will like it. It was totally nothing that we wanted, it was a Ford Escape, with 130k miles, cigarette burns on all the seats, front and back. I am not sure how they figured we would like a Ford Escape after Deciding on a Kia Sorento... We said no, and that we wanted our deposit back. They spoke amongst themselves for a bit and said it may be back in our account tonight.. I was expecting the next day since they only had a hold on it still. I had to finally go through my bank and claim it was a fraud charge, to get my 2000 back. As we were leaving he had said well if you guys change your mind, come back we got you approved, we worked hard to get that, there wont be any other places around here that will approve you. The next day, we had gone to another place and were literally driving away in a new (almost identical) Kia Sorento, within 3 hours, start to finish.

Des Moines Motors responded to this review

February 25, 2014

At Des Moines Mitsubishi, our only goal is to get our customers a terrific vehicle that meets their needs at a great price. We take our reputation for customer service and satisfaction very seriously. Unfortunately this review leaves an impression that we have some influence over the loan decision and that is simply not the case. All loan decisions -- regardless of the dealer involved - are between the financial institution and the customer. We never want any customer to feel like their experience was less than outstanding. Please give us a call at 515-270-8100, Bruce Long, Sales Manager.

Sales Associates/Manager are rude and dishonest

by from Des Moines, IA |

During "negotiations" on a car, sales associates tells us that they would give us $500 off due to some coupon they had, but if we traded in a car they would just discount the value of my trade-in by $500. Once we agreed on a sales price, they only offered me 30% of the trade-in value of my car (taking the lowest value for trade-in from NADA and Kelley Blue Book). When showed them the lowest value of the car we were going to trade-in manager wouldn't budge. They were rude and didn't know much about the cars they had on the lot. One of the cars we test drove had a flat spot in the rear tire and they never thought to swap it out with the full-size spare tire the vehicle had. Again no knowldege of the vehicles they had on the lot. Also they don't try to fix the cars they have so they are atleast driveable. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS DEALERSHIP TO ANYONE!

Do NOT buy a car from here

by from iowa, des moines |

Des Moines motors is the worse place to buy a car. And if your lucky enough to get warranty once your car has an issue (which will not take long) they refuse to fix your car. The sales associates are rude and inconsiderate. Also there shop employees will lie to you, they told me me car had 3 hoses that were collapsing come to find out there were own two and there extremely high priced.