Fletcher Jones Honda

Service 866-684-3887

A Fletcher Jones Company Second to None

Frustrating and Infuriurating!!!

by from Green Bay, WI |

What a frustrating experience! I was traveling to Chicago for a convention and we were interested in a used vehicle in their inventory. We made it clear from the start that we were working around a 3 day turnaround time. Stephen was our first sales contact and he agreed to meet me at my hotel on Wednesday and take the car for a test drive. It was not a Honda, so he was totally unfamiliar with the car. It did not have a stock radio system, however, he did not even know how to get a station tuned in! He told me I could try to figure it out. We parted company and there were 3 things that were to be taken care of before I purchased the car. The interior and carpet was stained and I asked that it be cleaned, because if the stains couldn't be removed, it was going to be a deal breaker. Also, there were 2 paint chips I wanted touched up, and Stephen offered to do some research on a manual for the radio. At 6:30 p.m., Stephen and I spoke and confirmed that the interior would be steam cleaned, the paint nicks would be taken care of, and that the gas tank would be filled upon pick up. He indicated he did not think he could get the radio manual, so I let that slide. We had also again discussed the fact that I would be leaving Chicago on Friday and wanted to take the car at that time and Stephen indicated it should not be a problem. I tried to contact Stephen 3 times on Thursday, but always received his voicemail. The 4th time, I asked the receptionist to page him and I was told it was his day off!! Not once, did he mention to me that he was not in the office on Thursday!! I was then connected to Henry Martinez, his team leader. He reviewed what Stephen had documented and said the interior had been cleaned and that if I were to take the car home, I needed to get to the dealership before 4:00 p.m. to have the funds transferred (no financing involved). So I jumped in a taxi and got to the dealership with time to spare. Henry opened my file on the computer and Stephen had documented what my stipulations were and Henry pointed them out to me. During this time, he was trying to pull the vehicle up on his data base and it was not there. He said it was possible because they have multiple dealerships, that the car had been purchased by someone else!!!! He commented on the fact that the first customer there with the money is the one that gets the car!!!! He did finally locate the car in their inventory and secured it as purchased. He proceeded to ask me for an insurance card so I had my insurance agent email a certificate of insurance. I also had gotten my bank to wire the exact purchase amount to their account. At this point, he connected me with the only shining star in the whole dealership, Ben Scribner! He was outstanding!!!! They received the certificate of insurance but asked for another because I wasn't specifically listed. So, my insurance agent emailed another document that met Henry's satisfaction. At this point, Henry said there was no way they were putting any more money in this car and that they were not fixing the nicks. When I objected and asked why I was told this now after transferring the money, Henry said, "Well, we can cancel the deal right now." Are you kidding me??!! He said the best they could do is throw some paint on them. At this point, I found out that they were just now doing the steam cleaning!!! I was told I would be able to take the car that evening. I then met with a woman named Sylvia to complete my paperwork. She tried to sell me more warranties and at that point, I was questioning my judgment on even purchasing the car from them! I made the comment that I just wanted to take the car and get going and she said, "You can't take the car tonight....the money won't hit our acct until tomorrow." Needless to say, I did leave with the vehicle that night, 3 hours later, after it took them one hour to gas it up!!!!! Ben stayed 2 hours late to make sure I was taken care of.

Genuine People, Relaxing Experience, Great Price

by from Chicago, IL |

If you consider yourself an educated consumer who wants the car buying experience to actually be enjoyable and expects to be treated like you are truly valued, then go see Lisa and Leon and the team at FJ Honda. Highlights: Responsive internet team, warm and genuine people, stress-free buying experience, customer focused Like most car buyers now, I had done all of my research and visited every website out there. We knew we wanted an Odyssey and had visited two other dealerships before Flether Jones Honda. When I got an alert on a Per-Owned Certified Odyssey at FJ Honda, I recognized it as an outstanding value. The experience started late on a Sunday, the moment I clicked "Get ePrice". In no time at all I had an email response and an already good price. The next morning I received a personal follow-up from Leon. I let him know that I'd be in later that day (snowstorm) to see the car. When I got to the dealership, I was promptly greeted and introduced to Lisa. I got there 2 hours early and the car wasn't ready yet to preview. It took a while for them to get the car from their pre-owned lot and they apologized numerous times on the time it took, which, by the way, was only @ 30 minutes. I received personal apologies from Bob (GM), Tony (Pre-Owned Mgr), Leon, and Lisa, along with numerous offers to run out and bring back coffee, lunch, or anything else I could want. Talk about customer focused! Fast forward - The test-drive was an adventure. It was a snow storm after all. Lisa didn't hesitate to jump out and clear off the windshield at a stoplight - in heels no less. She knows her product too. She spent ample time highlighting key features and explaining the boatload of technology packed into this car. Needless to say, the car was a match for us. When it was time to "wheel and deal", I quickly realized that none of my fears about buying a car were necessary. Never did I get that stereotypical slick sales feeling. Never did I feel like it was me versus them. It was a fairly transparent and brief negotiating period. I was a well informed buyer who knew what I should be paying and I knew the price advertised was already a deal. I knew the fair price of my trade-in. We quickly landed on terms that I felt were great for me, and I was sold! When we picked up the car the next day, Lisa had made sure it was detailed and threw in a nice gift for us too. Its hard to explain how Lisa and Leon make you feel while you're there. It's as close to family as it could be. For Lisa and Leon, it may have been just a day at the office. But for a guy that may buy a car every 7-8 years, it was a refreshing experience that I truly appreciated. If you havent yet visited this team at FJ Honda, you owe yourself that much. I don't submit many reviews, but in my opinion, Lisa and Leon and the team at FJ Honda deserve every bit of my and the many other great reviews out there. Read them for yourself. I did before I went in. They are every bit accurate and Lisa and Leon live up to their reputations for outstanding service. I'm glad to be part of the Fletcher Jones family. Sincerely, Jeff P

Stay away from this dealer

by from Chicago Il |

DONT HONOUR PRICES,DONT CARE ABOUT CUSTOMER.....AND MANY

Best experience car shopping

by from Chicago, IL |

I was impressed with the overall customer service, and particularly my salesman's attitude and attention to alleviating my concerns. Dennis Norris is his name and he helped ease me into this process of first time new car shopping. I give him high marks for being helpful.

Very pleasant buying experience

by from Chicago, IL |

Two years ago was my first experience buying a car alone normally I would have someone with me when buying a car. I have been to a few dealer ships, which they didn?t have the car I saw online, but most importantly I didn?t feel comfortable buying a car from those dealers until I found Fletcher Jones Honda and I saw a car I like not only was the car was there but the environment of the dealership was very pleasant and the person I dealt with was Lisa Pagan who was wonderfully. I didn?t feel pressured in buying something I didn?t want. Lisa made me feel like I was part of the company. I even got a year of free oil changes. She also contacts me to see how everything is going with the car (which I truly love) I purchased there. Until this day I still get oil changes there and converse with her when I see her. Yes I will refer friends and family to her and will purchase another car at Fletcher Jones Honda dealing only with Lisa Pegan. Oh trust me Lisa Pegan shows she cares about what her customer wants.

Excellent experience

by from Chicago, IL |

I worked with Lisa Pagan on my purchase of a Honda Fit, and I was very impressed by her professionalism. I liked not being handed around to different people; Lisa was the person I dealt with almost exclusively, a different experience for me. I had been to another dealer, and in the course of a 20 minute visit I dealt with no less than three people! The entire staff at FJ is friendly and welcoming. I recommend this dealer without reservation.

Nice and clean, salespeople a little questionable

by from Chicago, IL |

I went to look at a couple cars in their used inventory today. Didn't agree on a price, but the salesperson, Stephen Donohue, gave me a great experience while trying to meet my standards for a car. The only reason I deducted stars is because the management was very unaccommodating and downright rude to me. Stephen went to consult with them several times with no results, and when the first manager came out after negotiations were going nowhere, he looked at me and asked "why are you even here?" before proceeding to tell me why my offer was unreasonable. It's a pity we could not have closed a deal as I would have loved to helped Stephen earn some commission, but the manager person that came to "help" with negotiations left a sour taste in my mouth.

WORST EXPERIENCE EVER

by from Skokie, IL |

The point is not about getting the car, its about the service. When we entered into the dealership no one wanted to take care of us, first it was someone else than David and then David to you, than it was passed on to Marty, who was so confused as if I dont know what we came in to buy. For more than 15 mins we sat. Then Marty comes up with a story that the Car was outside and now its gone, perhaps it was stolen. ARE YOU SERIOUS? Do you really expect us to believe that? Another 15 mins passed by looking for a car. While you were standing there just watch knowing that we needed help. Marty wonders around looking lost. It was a joke. He finally comes up to us ask what is it that you are looking for?? What do you mean what is it that I am looking for? I am looking to buy a CAR thats why I am in a place that sells cars. His answer is oh so you want purchase it ok I will be back. And another 10 mins pass by he talks to you goes into the general managers office, comes back out. And FINALLY we sit down he gets out name down. It took 40 mins just for us to sit down at his desk, when we knew exactly what we wanted and we came into buy. And thats the service you guys provide. And all this time we are led to believe you guys have the cars in stock and we can leave with it today. Then Marty insisted in taking on a test drive, while the paper work is being done. Another 15 mins passed and when we came back, nothing was done. There was no paper work. Then we wastes another 20 mins running around into the back service center, in the managers office and comes out tells me if you guys agree with the price and give me a deposit I will get the car for you. What? WHY did Nicole call us here if you guys didn't have the car in the first place, I ASKED HER TWICE do you guys have the car in stock. She didn't give me a clear cut answer. THIS has been by far the worst experience I have ever had in a dealership, And you guys did NOTHING to make our experience better. I WILL MAKE SURE I post my experience with your dealership everywhere, so that way everyone knows what you guys are all about.

Excellent buying experience!

by from Salem, WI |

Tony Taylor was the best! We bought a used car from him last year on a whim. We were downtown for a concert and bought the car before I went to work that afternoon! Follow up service was great and we were happy with our purchase. My car was about to hit 200K miles so I started my search. After visiting Honda and Toyota dealerships in my area I decided to give Tony a call. His price was fair and service outstanding - NO pressure sales here!!! The dealership is beautiful - the coffee/espresso machine is glorious! It has wifi and a comfortable seating area. A pleasure to work with Tony (and Henry Martinez!) I will be back in 7 years to buy my next car - hopefully Tony will still be there!!!

bait and switch

by from Chicago, IL |

My wife and I purchased a car, but the process left a bad taste in our mouths. What they promised and what they delivered are two different things. The sales team and the GM are arrogant and full of themselves. The car is nice, but buy it somewhere else.