Valley Chrysler Dodge

Used 866-413-3549
Service 888-359-2340

Arrogant and Disrespectful Sales People

by from Brookfield, MO |

I approached Valley Chrysler about a 2010 Dodge Ram2500 QuadCab LB 4x4 BigHorn with relatively low miles (49K) and which was offered with a topper that came with it. Initially, I talked to a Spencer in sales and he seemed to be helpful - offering to go do a walk-around and let me know the details of the vehicle as he could see it up close. This was fine, but it seemed like it took a long time to get back with me and I didn't feel like he was really doing a very thorough job of answering my list of initial questions (always had to remind him what I asked about originally). Anyway, after eventually getting my questions answered, I felt like the vehicle was worth considering for purchase, and I wanted to begin negotiating on price - WRONG ANSWER! As other reviewers noted, a professional sales person and a customer usually know that they don't always get "the deal" but you still should show mutual respect and courtesy for each other and at least walk away with more information - not in this case! After asking about the potential for negotiation on price and making a fair offer, I was rudely interrupted on the phone, disrespected (like I hadn't done my research on this exact make/model/mileage vehicle), and demeaned (acting like I didn't know what their truck was worth - which had fewer factory options and was about $2K more than two similar, but fully optioned trucks from other competing dealerships! (yes, I bought one of them)). I was also told that the topper didn't go with the truck as advertised. I knew that this was a decent truck and had most of the options I was looking for - and still felt like it was a consideration if it could be negotiated to a lower price...so just out of curiosity I looked at reviews and called back, asking for the sales associate who had been mentioned in their only positive review - he no longer worked there! I let this new guy know I was interested in the truck (he said he was the sales manager), and he asked where I was from...when I told him, he quickly mentioned that he knew I had talked to Spencer previously, then proceeded to rudely (and incorrectly) state that he knew I "wanted" the truck because I "called back 3 times about it". He proceeded to show disrespect and demeaning behavior - interrupting me when I would try to talk and treating me like I didn't know the market for this exact vehicle - and then was pretty blunt that their prices were essentially non-negotiable and if I didn't like it we could "part friends". After this unbelievable experience, it is apparent that the Valley Chrysler sales staff are adept at all the wrong salesperson "moves" - which serve only to frustrate, appall, and drive off customers - steering them directly into the hands of competing dealerships. CAR SHOPPER TAKE HEED OF OTHER REVIEWS AND AVOID THIS DEALERSHIP!!!

Worst Car Buying Experience EVER!

by from Denver, CO |

Valley Dodge was the most unpleasant car buying experience I have ever had. I went to Valley after finding a used car on Cars.com that I wanted to purchase. The end result was that we did not agree on terms of the car, however, the process after the initial test drive was horrible. I sat down with the salesman, Greg, and he started by showing me a piece of paper with the purchase price of the vehicle, my trade-in value, the amount I would need down, and the payment. I could see immediately that we were too far apart. He told me that they had room to move and asked what I wanted. I told him, but insisted we were too far apart. He then told me he was going to see what he could do and left the table for a couple minutes. Finally, Greg and Spencer, who I assume was in finance, came back to the table. Spencer proceeded to patronize me and assumed I was an idiot for about 10 minutes, after which I told him that we were too far apart and I appreciated their time. Spencer stood up and left the table without ever acknowledging or thanking me for my time. Apparently, because they could not rip me off that made them angry and I was not worth their time. I would stay away from this dealership! I am in sales and realize that you don't always get the deal, but the way you treat people is what truly matters. Clearly the customer is not the #1 priority at this dealership.

Stay away

by from Loveland, CO |

Salesman was nice and vehicle was as described, but when it came to making the deal the sales manager was one of, if not the most rude person in sales I have ever dealt with. They had reduced the price of the truck and then were trying to price out the deal based on the previous price before the reduction. You know the story, my extremely clean, low mile vehicle which was a 2007 same as the pickup being sold by Valley suddenly became a polished turd and their pickup was made of gold. Long story short, I left, called Chris the salesman the next day and told him I was sorry we couldn't make the deal and he could thank his sales manager for the blowing it. I will never return to this dealership. I wonder how they stay in business with this lack of respect and service for the customer.

Used Truck Purchase

by from Battle Creek, MI |

Chris Boggs, Valley Dodge's Internet Sales Manager was extremely helpful and knowledgeable on a recent purchase of a 2010 Ram 1500. I have never bought anything sight unseen, let alone an expensive item as a truck. Everything was as Chris described. I purchased on a Friday and the following Thursday it was delivered to my driveway in Michigan.

Hard to deal with.

by from Loveland, CO |

Not hard to deal with, impossible to deal with. I do not know how they can stay in business

Look here

by from colorado |

I called and drove 50 miles to work this truck. When I showed up someone else was already working it. I told the salesman that if the other guy was going to buy it i would just go ono big deal. I was then told "oh no, he just wanted to test drive it and think about it." After about 2 hours there with my autistic son the sales manager throws the keys for my trade in on the desk at my wife and says the other guy just bought it. He was rude and very unprofessional and i will never go there or recommend someone.

Huge ripoff

by from Berthoud,CO |

Why do I purchase used cars from dealers rather than private parties? Because I believed that a certain amount of inspection and maintenance has been performed by the dealer because they have a reputation to uphold. I believed that even without a warrantee you are getting a vehicle that has been deemed to meet a basic level of safety and mechanical soundness by professional, reputable people. Apparently that is not true at some dealers: On October 23rd 2010 I purchased a 2001 Lexus RX300 from Valley Chrysler Dodge in Boulder. The following week I took it to my regular mechanic to see what they saw for the future. Well, the future was NOW. For starters, the rear brakes were 95% used up and had to be replaced NOW. Secondly, the spark plugs were original equipment on a vehicle with 133,000 miles and had to be replaced NOW. Third, and most distressing, the transmission was whining a bit and the fluid was shot and needed to be drained, flushed, and replaced NOW which may or may not stop the whining. Total cost to me = over $700. I am certain that even the most basic inspection by the Valley Chrysler would have uncovered these items and caused them to either correct these issues or elect to wholesale the car. Instead, all they seem to have done was change the oil, wash it up and put it on the lot. Now, as for the most devastating news in the deal, the new fluids did not correct the problem in the transmission. I am now replacing it at a cost to me of approximately $3800. I tried three times to contact the dealer via their email (in order to have some aper trail and they never saw fit to respond. I finally called and spoke to the Sales Manager. After being told that all of the above items were either maintenance items ans not included in their inspection or that the 95% worn brakes passed their afety inspectionI brought up the transmission issue. His response was that I bought the car used and that I could have taken it to my mechanic before buying it. My statement that the reason I was buying from a dealer was that I figured that way I would not need to take it to my mechanic fell on deaf ears. Therefore, I am resorting to this method in order to get the message out that it has become unfortunately obvious that the Valley dealers do not fit the description of being eputable It is now very apparent to me that they are out to make all the money they can and have no regard for customer satisfaction or their reputation in the marketplace.