Fairly Reliable Bob's

2304 W. Main St., Boise, ID 83702

New 866-236-8604
Used 888-205-5935

World Famous since 1975!

Best Car Buying Experience Ever!

by from Nampa, Idaho |

Generally, I would rather have my teeth cleaned than go through the process to purchase a car. However, I can honestly say I enjoyed my time at Fairly Reliable Bob's. Our salesman, Mark Surles, listened to what we wanted and quickly helped us locate the two best matches on the lot. After test driving both, we were sold on the Honda CRV. Mark was incredibly down to earth and helped us negotiate a fair deal. At the end of the process I reminded him that I wanted heated seats. Since he had forgotten my earlier request, he said that the dealership would cover the cost of the upgrade. Both my husband and I were blown away at the concern for customer satisfaction and the great deal we received. When we need another vehicle, we will definitely call Mark and I couldn't recommend him more to anyone who wants a positive and fair used car buying experience. Thank you Mark!!!

no response

by from Ogden, Ut |

Inquired about a vehicle. Left two messages online and never received a response

Fairly Reliable Bob's responded to this review

October 23, 2013

Hi Scott, I apologize that you have not recieved a response. This is not acceptable for you or for us. We make every effort to stay on top of our inquiries, but for what ever reason yours didn't make it through and you were not followed up with. You can contact me directly at johnny@fairlys.com and I would be happy to get back with you asap.

I LOVE Fairly Reliable Bobs.............

by from Boise, Idaho |

I have been a Fairly Reliable Bobs customer for over 20 years and I have never had a negative experience with them. I have never had an experience there even remotely similar to the previous rater's friend's stated visit. I am also a hardworking single Mom, however, I am an informed and capable hardworking single mom. I, like most people, do not buy cars I don't want, nor do I let someone (anyone) force me to sign contracts I don't want to sign. I don't purchase used cars without taking them to a mechanic, and I don't run to other people so they can write reputation-harming reviews based on heresay (no proof) about an honest business that is also a fabulous member of the community and has been for years. When I want to hire a lawyer or threaten to, I do it myself. I have an example of Fairly Reliable Bobs integrity and desire to do what's right, even if it costs them money. I bought a vehicle and an extended warranty from Fairly Reliable Bobs. When the vehicle needed a very expensive repair made necessary by a widespread and well known manufacturer defect in that year of vehicle, I took it to Fairly Reliable Bobs Service Department to use my extended warranty. The vehicle had just rolled over 32,000 miles (the manufacturer warranty had just expired). I was told that the Company carrying the extended warranty had gone out of business, but that they had convinced the manufacturer to cover part of the cost of the repair, and that Fairly Reliable Bobs would pay the remainder. This was not a repair that Fairly Reliable Bobs could do in-house, it had to be sent back to the dealer and was NOT cheap. I never asked them to cover the cost; they volunteered. I never even had to talk to the manufacturer. This type of service is unheard of in the business world today. This is just one example of why I only buy my vehicles from Fairly Reliable Bobs, and why I have such a hard time believing the story about them taking advantage of a hardworking single mom. The story does NOT mesh with the company I've done business with for more than 20 years and have learned to trust completely.

Offended by previous review...

by from Boise, ID |

I have no idea what happened with the person who wrote the below review, but I am a single mom who has used Fairly Reliable Bob's for the last almost 20 years for all of my purchases. The people who work for them have been there for many years, so, apparently the owner must treat them well. They are always friendly, helpful, and point me in a direction that works for me, even if I have a specific car in mind that I think will "work" for me; they see what I need and what will work, and have NEVER steered me wrong. They have been in business for over three decades. Yeah, sounds like a shyster and shady car lot to me! Whatever venom this person is spewing toward the dealer is obviously from a past experience, and they approached the whole experience with a poor attitude, and a lot of untruths about used car dealers and what signing a legal contract means. When something is agreed to, you sign your name to a binding agreement. READ THE PAPERS YOU SIGN BEFORE YOU SIGN THEM! Ignorance of a legal contract does not excuse you from having integrity and doing what you have agreed to do. There is no "buyer's remorse" allowed by Idaho law, when you purchase a used car. Outside of Guantanamo Bay, the amount of "coercion" you're talking about is ridiculous. Unlike the offended party, these guys have integrity and would never "force" something on anyone, unless they had already signed the paperwork, and then got "cold feet". Maybe the dealership asked someone who does not keep their word and promises to actually have some integrity and follow-through with their agreements. Good luck with the lawyer. This is an A+ company, and whatever lies are being passed along on this site are not truths. If you are lucky enough to find a lawyer who hasn't any respect for a legal agreement, then you have a long an fruitless (not to mention expensive) battle ahead of you. Keep up the good work UTTERLY Reliable Bob's. You guys ROCK!!

Don't buy here!

by from Boise, ID |

I am actually writing this review for a friend of mine who is a hard-working single mom. About a week ago she was talked into purchasing a three year old vehicle with 70,000 miles on it by some poor excuse of a human being at this dealership. Not only did she pay too much, but when a family member called her while at the dealership, telling her he found a better car somewhere else, she was pressured into signing the contract, claiming that she had verbally agreed to the purchase and now needed to "follow through with it". We currently have an attorney look into the matter to see what can be done legally. Please do yourself a favor and stay away from these shady characters!

if you have good credit and want a deal not here

by from boise idaho |

We have excellent credit, title to our car, and wanted to deal. They gave it one shot, not a very good offer (about 3400.00 above a real deal). They must have really high overhead and can't make a deal. If you'll take what the dealer gives you try em....otherwise not.

No Response

by from Boise,ID |

I did not visit the dealership directly. I attempted to obtain information via e-mail. I sent 2 messages to them requesting a price for a specific vehicle that they were advertising. They do not show prices for any vehicle they have offered on the net so the only option I could see was to ask them. So as I said, I sent two different messages to them and the did not respond with the information I requested. In fact that they did not answer my e-mails at all. I don't know what kind of game they are playing by not providing prices. Who is going to go all the way to the dealership without any idea at all if the vehicle is even in the ball park for what you are looking for. If they do not respond, they should not be listed by Cars.com in a search. They should just be filtered out. Who would want to buy a car from a business that acts this way???

Fairly Reliable Bob's responded to this review

March 6, 2012

Hello BKP52, I have reviewed all e-mails from Cars.com in and around the date since your response. All staff reports that our current inquiries have been followed up with. I apologize if there has been an oversight. Please e-mail me directly at johnny@fairlys.com and I will be happy to follow up on whichever car(s) you have an interest in.