Grossinger City Toyota Chevrolet Cadillac

Service 888-379-6934

Free Valet Parking off of Dayton or Fremont Streets just South of North Ave

BAD service

by from Chicago, IL |

1.Service reps never smile or greet you 2.Techs that work on my car are not always GM tech so, my car is always low a quart or two after every oil change. 3. No floor mates were present 4. I never leave happy form that place

Beware Financing Department

by from Chicago, il |

This is absolutely the worst customer service experience I have ever encountered. I have spent hours on the phone dealing with my situation. And it's somehow still not resolved--more than two months later. Here's what happened: I bought my car in early April. I called the finance company to get my account number in order to set up my online account. You know, to pay my bill. The financing company has no trace of me or my car. I call Grossinger to make sure they have everything they need, as my payment date is quickly approaching. I get endless voicemails and then eventually get a call back saying they have everything. Cut to two days before my due date, I get a call saying I have to go back into Grossinger to re-complete my paperwork because they processed my sale as a cash sale--aka my car is paid in full--which would explain why the financing company never heard of me or my car. Fine, mistakes happen. My husband and I go back in and re-sign the paperwork. Ty, the financing specialist, indicated we had to make a payment there. Never once in his phone conversation with me did he mention making a payment at the dealership. We made the payment using my debit card. It was approved and we were on our way. Our new account was to be set up within a week or two. After diligently checking, I my account was set up. HOWEVER, my account showed a past due amount--the amount I paid to Ty in person at the dealership. Surely, there must have been some mix-up, so I called the financing company, and they spoke with Ty, who told them the payment was on its way. I checked a couple days later, still nothing. told me to wait a week to check back in. I did. Still nothing from Grossinger City. The financing people eventually get a hold of Rudy, the financial director, who said he would investigate the situation. A day later, he informed the financing company that the payment was on its way--they were mailing it. I called Rudy to find out if there is anything he can do to expedite the payment. Of course, I got his voicemail. Of course, I haven't heard anything back. I am now nearing my second due date without resolution. It seems Grossinger took my payment, sat on it for a while, and will drop it into the mailbox now whenever it pleases. Never did I expect to be the intermediary between a financing company and a dealership, but here I am, hoping that the financing company is nice enough to follow through on its promise that it'll erase any reports to my credit report should Grossinger not pay them by my next due date. NEVER again will I buy from Grossinger, much less recommend anyone to them. BEWARE.

Automobile

by from Woodridge IL. |

Very Impressed with Dealership. Have not bought the vehicle just yet. No one was pushy. But very pleasant.

POOR SALES, MANAGEMENT, WORSE CUSTOMER SERVICE

by from Chicago, IL |

Was interested in buying a car and couldnt because a "Manager" was joyriding with the vehicle. Was told to come next day when he brings the car back. Was explained this process is offered as a perk to their salesman. Instead of meeting the needs of customer, lets instead lose a sale because a manager want to take the car for a spin. Grossinger motto.....customer can buy a car when its convenient for the sales team.....POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Great Service, Great Price, Great Experience

by from Chicago, IL |

Took my 2002 Toyota Sienna in for a new A/C Compressor and left side mirror. The service was quick, and they helped me to save around $400 on the compressor by getting it from the best source. Adrian, who helped me, was extremely helpful in answering all of my questions and updating me to make sure everything was taken care of, and gave me good recommendations of what was necessary to be done on the car. I dropped my car off in the morning and it was ready to go by the next day. Will definitely return next time I take my car in for service!

Good and fast srvice

by from chicago, IL |

I took my car for an ouil change. the service was great.

Update

by from Chicago IL |

I would just like to make a modification to my previous review. I received a phone call Grossiner explaining to me the reasoning behind the pricing for my headlight change? It has nothing to do with this facility, more so a reason with how this specific model of previous was designed (they have to completely remove the front bumber to access the headlight)! I would like to send a big thank you to Antonio for taking the time to personally call me and address my concerns! They have gone above and beyond to make me a satisfied customer yet again !! Back to 5 stars, Grossinger!!

Prompt service

by from Chicago, il |

I have a Toyota Prius and have always taken my Prius here for service (oil change, maintenance, etc.). They have a great clean facility and up until recently offered complimentary car wash each time I brought my car in. They still have the car wash, it's now a voucher rather than receiving it on site--which makes service time much less! I have always considered Grossinger to have very reasonable prices especially for being in the city. My last trip to Grossinger vastly changed my opinion of the facility and I am still questioning whether or not I will return. I went in for some routine maintenance and that included the changing of a burnt out headlight bulb. That service job alone cost $177 which is completely outrageous! Sadly this experience brings my rating down from 5 stars to 3.

Great Experience!!!

by from Michigan |

What a great way to buy a car!!! I lived 100 + miles away from Chicago. Looked at New Toyota Camry's locally and test drove a couple. They drove really well. Just like the four Camry's that we have purchased since 1992. It was a no brainer except for the price. Locally not much dealing. In our internet search for other dealerships Grossinger was 1 of 5 that gave us a call. Long story short Grossing beat the pants off the other dealerships. The answer always came back, "We can't touch that price." The next hurdle was that, well, I'm a small city driver and kind of insecure about big city driving. No problem! We took the South Shore and met Monique and Ty at the train station. They we very kind, courteous, friendly and they drove us from the train station to Grossinger's Toyota. The agreed upon price in person was the same as agreed upon from our phone conversation. The 2013 Toyota Camry was brand spankin new in pristine condition. After the paper work, my wife was off and back to small town USA. We could ride home together rather than worry about two cars. It was seamless and a great experience. Highly recommend the experience with our friends. No hassles. Thanks, Monique and Ty for the great experience. Scott

Grossinger City Toyota Chevrolet Cadillac responded to this review

August 13, 2013

Thanks for the review, Scott! Definitely a story worth sharing. We are more than happy to go above and beyond to make sure our customers are fully satisfied. It was a pleasure and we look forward to serving your needs in the future, too. Thanks again for the great review. Gary Grossinger, Owner g.grossinger@grossinger.com 312.447.5555

Great service, quick, well done

by from Chicago |

I thought they did a very good job in repairing what I needed, and getting my car back to me in a short length of time.