Butler Hyundai

Service 888-749-3974

With Integrity Since 1966

Great Service!

by from Indianapolis, IN |

Made car buying fun again! Bruce Spratford is an awesome salesman. He knows his stuff!

Left me confused about where I was.

by from Greentown. IN |

We found what our son was looking for. Car was very nice. That is where it ended. We rushed to get to the dealership to take care of the purchase of the car. At that point things just came to a complete stand still. It was almost like they didn't care we drove for an hour to buy a car from them. At that point I would have driven away if my wife had not already left with our van. It took over two hours to finally make the transaction. I am not sure they understand the value of others time and expense. It was confusing when we finally got to the paperwork. It took less than 5 minutes. I can assure you with complete confidence that I would not visit or recommend this organization to anyone, ever. Thank you, Mark.

Butler Hyundai responded to this review

May 7, 2014

Dear Mark- As a Representative from Butler Hyundai, I wanted to extend our apologies for your disappointment while visiting our Dealership. I'm not sure who it was that you worked with, but it certainly is not a policy of ours to unduly waste our Customer's time. Unfortunately, there are sometimes issues beyond anyone's control that causes the Sales Process to stretch a little longer than desired, but someone should have kept you informed throughout your visit here at Butler Hyundai. We appreciate our customers and feel honored when someone drives onto our lot and gives us an opportunity to earn their business, especially when someone like yourself drives over an hour to visit us. If there is anything I can possibly do to assist you in the Future, I will include my direct extension below. Again, I'm sorry you weren't treated in the manner you deserved to be and I promise that this situation will not happen again. Thank you for bringing this to our attention! Regards, Kyle Hayden Butler Auto Group 317-251-1441 ext. 1313

I will never go there again

by from Indianapolis, IN |

Made an appointment to go and see a used car. Was told when I got there that it would be going to auction in the next few days if it didn't sell. The car met my needs and so I did a test drive. The driver side mirror could not be adjusted for some reason, even though they told me the car went through all the check points and passed. After the test drive the sales person was messing with the passenger side mirror and broke it off. No big deal, mirrors can be replaced and it was a old car. Went inside to see if we could work a deal. The amount they originally came back with was over $1000 more than Kelly Blue Book, I asked the which model this car was because there were two different ones listed on Kelly Blue Book and there was a significant difference in the price, and the financial advisor didn't know which one it was. He said it was my lucky day and he gave me another price. This price was still several hundred over the Kelly Blue Book but I really wanted the car. I agreed on that price and told him "deal and you put new side mirrors on the car" He said "Nope" he wasn't going to put the mirrors back on. Really? Is that even legal? Can a dealer really sell a car without the side mirrors on it? It was obvious he didn't really want to sell the car and he had wasted my time. Wish he would have just told me that before I made arrangements to take my time to come in and see it. What would it have cost him to replace the mirrors?....like $50. Wow I will never go there again for a car.

Butler Fiat

by from Indianapolis, IN |

I went in to Butler Fiat looking to PURCHASE a new Fiat 500. When I got there, there was lots of people milling about but couldn't tell who worked there and who were looking at cars. Finally found someone that worked there and spoke with Chris. He got me set up to speak with Jeremy. I told Jeremy right off the bat that I was looking to purchase, I was in no way interested in leasing, I wanted under $150 monthly payment and I was looking for 60-72 month terms. After filling out all my papers and waiting an additional TWO HOURS, another guy came in and sat down and said 'OK we have you set up for a 12,000 mile/36 month lease for $303 a month.....' I said 'I do not want a lease. I drive 250 miles a week just for work, a lease is not an option.' Then he said well what about a 15,000 mile/year lease?' I asked if he was even paying attention to what I was saying and then pointed at the 303/month payment and said that is too high anyway. He left and then came back with an even HIGHER monthly payment for 36 month loan. I asked about a 60-72 month loan and he informed me they only do 36 months. If I had been told that to begin with that I wouldn't have wasted my time. I walked out of the dealership and noticed that my car was over half way out of the parking stall. When Jeremy went to drive the car around, he left it in neutral with no e-brake on. The parking lot is a little sloped. A little farther back and it would have been completely blocking the drive way! I opened my door and my rearview mirror was sitting on the passenger seat. He had somehow ripped my mirror off the windshield and took part of the window with it. I went back inside and spoke with the manager, Chris. They tried to say 'oh it'll be fine and its just glue' I med them come out and look at the window. While we were all outside, he once again tried to talk me into a lease. I said I just wanted the windshield replaced that I did not want to deal with them about a car anymore. He gave me his card and told me to call Tuesday morning (it was Saturday of memorial day weekend) and he'd see what he could do about the windshield. I called on Tuesday and the first thing out of his mouth was a lease option again. I will NEVER deal with Butler again after this. I used to go to Butler Hyundai for service to my old car, but now that I bought a brand new car through another dealer, I never have to deal with Butler again! THANK GOD~!!!

Frustrated and Finished

by from Indianapolis, IN |

Was interested in 1 of 2 Malibus they had online. Talking with internet rep. tried to make an appointment. Was told not needed and given contact name. Walked the lot when i got there looking at cars, no help. Walked into showroom, salespeople hanging out around desk, no help. Asked for given contact, not in. Sales rep that finally helped me was inexperienced. The cars were not ready. Car was almost out of gas for test drive.(Rep had to check info center to see how mch was left in car-16miles). Was near end of day, so was told it would be next day before they heard something on financing. No contact. called them back a week later. Had forgotten about my application. Blamed it on remodeling and receiving new product line. Was told they would call me back in 10min with more info. Called them back the next day, still no progress. They asked AGAIN what buyout was on my tradein. told them Id call them back. Never did.

No call back?

by from south bend, IN |

I used the live function and was eventually given a contact name and I was told he would be contacting me shortly. I specifically told them I was looking to buy that same day, so you would think they would have blew my phone up. Rather than no contact and I read other reviews on here AFTER I contacted them. SO I thought I'd share my poor experience with them as well.

Bad Business Practices

by from Houston, TX |

Started to sell me a car and I thought we were on the right track. Then they sold it out from under to me to someone in the company while I was in the middle of financing process.

good folks to deal with

by from Pendleton, IN |

Got a fair price for our trade and paid a fair price for our car. Good sales, finance, mgmt people. As car purchase experiences go, this was acceptable.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH BUTLER CAR DEALER!!

by from colorado |

Please don't waste your time contacting this dealer because they won't even bother to communicate with you. I have called on the phone and emailed and get nothing back in response. Even was told someone would get back to me and still nothing happens.

Wanted to buy

by from Indianapolis |

but was not encouraged or impressed with being handed off to brand new salesman. No follow up call has left me carless.

Unimpressed

by from Indianapolis, IN |

I came into Butler Hyundai after working all day. I was determined on leasing a new car. I was actually referred by two different people so I thought I would have a great experience. Let's just say it was poor in every way. I did not feel welcome. I guess the dealership closed at 6pm, an hour from when I arrived and I think that they didn't like that. They had nothing to sell me on their lot, which space is limited at that location so I could see why.. but all in all I left disappointed and unimpressed. BUT I was satisfied elsewhere. The very next day I purchased the new 2012 Hyundai Elantra. And not even a follow up call from Butler... they could really learn something from the guys at Ray Skillman.