Buerkle Honda Hyundai

3360 Highway 61 N., St Paul, MN 55110

New 888-755-2923
Used 888-451-3168
Service 866-364-6724

BUERKLE - Family. Since 1953.

Collision Center and Service Center Blame Game

by from Saint Paul MN |

I own a 2006 Hyundai Sonata GLS (V6) A few months ago, I was in an accident and the entire front end had to be replaced. They handled the repair in the Collision Center and I thought everything was fine. About a week or so after I was in, my ABS and ECO OFF lights were coming on. I took it into the Service department and they replaced a ball bearing and the driver's side seat belt clasp (really). Last weekend, both lights came on again (not only that the front end drive - off went totally away when they came on) and I took it to Service again. This time, Service said the Collision Center must not have cleared the codes from the computer when I took it in there. When I reminded them that I just had the car in to SERVICE for the same codes, they still said it was Collision Center's fault and that, if I had a problem or question, I needed to talk to the Collision Center. Really? You guys are in the same building. I'M supposed to walk over there and hear their story? They didn't even offer to ask someone from the Collision Center to come over so we could all talk. Then, Service said the Collision Center told Service they (Collision) don't clear computer codes. WTH? This is an example of either: bad SOP, poor communication skills, that this shop is a misery to work for or all of the above. Definitely bad customer service. Suddenly, it's MY job to liaison between areas that are clearly trying to assign blame. No one appears to be owning anything or even apologizing for it. I told the Service Rep that I have a road trip of four hundred miles coming up and now I don't know if something is truly wrong with my car or if it looks like there is just because someone can't clear computer codes. He was going to charge me for the recent visit, until I stated that I would not even be in there if someone had cleared the codes as they were telling me they could not find anything actually wrong (other than the codes). No apologies and no thank you - in fact the Service Rep just said "Here you go" as he handed me the final paperwork. I have been going to their Service Center for a 1. 5 years now and the Service staff always seems like they are just surviving the day; that they really hate working there. Just try calling the Service Rep back when they call you about your car: 9 times out of 10 the phone rings about 10 times and no one answers. Even if you call thru the main # and they transfer you - same deal. I will never take a car back there. I am going to be looking for a new car soon - I will not be looking at Buerkle Hyundai for that either.

Buying experience

by from Oakdale, MN |

My wife was looking for a mid-size SUV and were initialy thinking Toyoya, Honda and Mazda. We checked Consumer Reports for ratings and found that the Hyundai Santa Fe was rated very high, so added it to our list to try out. We checked out each of the vehicles at dealers along Hwy 61 due to convenience of the location. We were treated very well at all the dealers but decided on Buerkle because of the way we were treated by Michael Holm and the very good deal we recieved on our purchase of a 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe. Matt Snaza also did a great job in assisting with the financial process. This was the best car buying experience of my lifetime during which I've purchased 15 or so new vehicles amd a few used ones.

Bill Hartman

by from Circle Pines, Mn. |

Working with Bill Hartman was a pleasure. He was knowledgable, answered my questions, showed me many things about the car I bought. He also told me that if I had any problems or had more questions, I could call him at any time. He gave me his business card which I put in my wallet. Bill was friendly and great to work with. Kay Kelly PS I came to Buerkle this time, because I have had good experiences here in the past.

Can you say bait and switch?

by from Lindstrom |

I emailed the internet sales manager for a quote on a used 2012 Honda Civic I had seen on the dealer website. I quickly received an email quote. I told salesman that I lived pretty far away from their dealership but would come and test-drive the car when I could. After a week, my family and I went way out of our way to go to the dealership and test drive this car. We did and we really liked the vehicle. We went into the dealership and talked to the salesman that set the test drive up for us as the internet sales manager was not there. I told the salesman right away before the test drive the quote that I had received and he said it was fine. We sat down to work out the details as I wanted to trade a vehicle in. He wrote up the deal pending our trade-in. After giving them a check for down payment and all of our information, the salesman went away and came back and went away and came back. After an hour and a half at the dealership, a man returned with the salesman. He never introduced himself or said what he did but informed us that the price of the car was ?misquoted? to us and it was actually $3000 more. He was really rude! Why did they wait that long to tell us we were misquoted? When I received the original quote, the internet sales manager wrote ?Which if you have done your research that?s a great price for this vehicle? which it was. At $3000 more, it?s not a great price and we could go anywhere to any dealership and get that same price. The next day, I talked to the general manager of the dealership and he said he would get to the bottom of it. All he did was have the internet sales manager call us back with an apology and yet another price for the car (one that I could easily find at other dealerships in the area for the same car). Why would I go back there? If they would have honored the original quote we received, we would have bought that car and been back for others in the years to come. They baited us to their dealership with a great price on a car and then switched the price when they knew we wanted it. We will never go back to that dealership and give them our business!

great people to work with

by from New Brighton MN |

Our sales person Gabe Monsivais was great. I found my truck online called in and got Gabe. he stayed late to help us with our purchase and gassed up my truck. Easily the best dealer experience I've had in and out no hassle.

Great experience, great sales person

by from woodbury,mn |

We visited Buerkle Honda and ended up leasing a 2013 Honda Civic. Scott Steinberg was our sales person. He was very helpful, knew the vehicle inside and out, he also returned phone calls in a timely manner. I would highly recommend Scott Steinberg to a friend.

Mr. Chuck Rivers

by from Andover, Minnesota |

Three visits to Buerkle and after 60 years I have found the place where I feel comfortable to take my business! Great job by everyone! Chuck Rivers

Terrible service, damage to my vehicle.

by from Andover, MN |

Brought it in for many items to be serviced. Water pump, timing belt, spark plugs, transmission fluid change and coolant change. The repairs took 2 days longer than promised. Their complementary car wash broke off one of the windshield wipers and badly scratched the vehicle along the side of the windshield. Their paint repair job wasn't very good and when I pointed that out, I was told "I'm not sure what I can do for you". The service advisor took me to the body shop area but the body shop folks wouldn't come out to talk to me about it. They gave me a paint job warranty document and took me back to the service area. That was it. Transmission fluid was about 1/2" below the minimum fill level after their change. Also the coolant was almost 1" below the minimum level. Total bill was $2400+ so I would have expected better than this. Would not recommend them or go back.

Honda Accord

by from Minneapolis, MN |

After months of car research, I finally decided on my Accord. The list is long why I did. After reparing a too long string of Dodge's, I decided to look for a reliable vehicle. Although my dad and uncle used to work for GM, I bought a 'foreign' car made in Ohio, instead of the American Ford, made in Mexico. I had done extensive reviews on cars.com, edmunds, kelly blue book, consumer reports, IIHS, car and driver, NY Times, USA Today,... and there is little doubt that the Accord is the best car made. I had looked at used vehicles in the Twin Cites, then thought I would test drive at a couple Toyota and Nissan dealerships. I am a single women, mid-30's, with a high education and a decent income, yet I was consistently treated like nothing such. There were even 2 instances that I had the spec sheet from the manufacturer web-site and the dealer was arguing with me, even though it was in front of him in black and white. Then I went to Buerkle. And met Paulo Neish. All the staff there were professional, yet low key, knowledgeable but not pushy. It was my first time buying a car from a dealer alone and they made it enjoyable. Mary Burkle even came out to see how I was as Paulo was helping me synch my phone in my new Accord. I left feeling confident about my purchase, taken care of and have absolutely no buyers remorse. I know that any question/issue no matter how great or small will be answered/taken care of as long as I own my Accord, which I have no doubt will be a long time.

Great Salesman and Car Buying Experience!

by from Roseville, MN |

Chang Her is the best car salesman ever! Right from the start Chang was willing to spend as much time as needed to answer all my questions and I never felt pressured to buy. Everyone at the dealership was friendly. I went back to the dealership a second time to review my choice of car. Chang spent time making sure I was happy with my choice. After I purchased my car Chang made sure that I was happy with everything about my car and took as much time as I needed to feel comfortable with all the features of my new car. I would recommend Chang Her and Buerkle Honda to everyone looking for a new car.