City Auto Sales

Used 888-313-8651

Shop Where the Dealers Shop

Shopping Experience

by from Memphis, TN |

Shopping experience was great. Eric Hargrove displayed the most professional and customer friendly service that you could imagine. No pressure selling, knowledgeable of all cars I looked at, and remained patience while I test drove three different models. Ask for Eric if you want a pleasant used car buying experience. Thanks! Robert S.

Never even heard back.

by from Memphis TN |

Wanted to buy a charger. Showed interest. Called. Never heard back. So forget it. I'll go somewhere else.

June 30, 2014

I'm very sorry to hear that you didn't receive a response to your inquiry. That is not how we want to do business nor how we train our staff to treat customers. I'd be delighted to assist you. You may call my direct office line 901-261-7164 and ask for me, Lynsey Freeman Marketing Manager. At City Auto, we always appreciate customer feedback, so we may continually improve.

Bad warranty

by from memphis tn |

In February of 2013 I purchased a 2007 dodge charger, with an extended warranty now I know that a used car is going to have some problems that was the whole reason I purchased an extended warranty. Now fast forward it is April 2014 and my input speed sensor has gone out which is in the transmission, so I called city auto at first they said I had a warranty and for me to call the warranty people, so I did just that the warranty people told me that my warranty was canceled june 2013 due to none payment, wait one min you canceled my warranty without my knowledge for none payment but allowed the warranty to keep going for five months without a payment? Also if it is still on city auto system that I have a warranty that means someone dropped the ball. I also brought the car in several times and spoke with the salesman who sold it to me and he always took me outside and looked at the car himself stating "thats just general wear and tear"! City auto only wants to get me a rental car for a day! I don't have the money for the speed sensor it will cost me $600 and on top of all that my car note is due , so I am pretty much in a lose lose situation I can take the money and pay for the repairs and my car gets repoed or pay my carnote and the car doesn't work and I will not have a way to work, I just want city auto to pay for me a rental and half and I pay the other half being that my warranty was canceled without any notification and I brought the car back several times and was turned around by the salesman.

April 28, 2014

We appreciate your feedback. At City Auto, we're always concerned about any customer questions or issues. While you express concern in this post, your matter has not gone unaddressed and we will continue working directly with you to resolve the matter. Thank you for your business. You can be assured that our customer service goal is your satisfaction.

Buyer Beware

by from Memphis, TN |

I test drove a F150 Lariat and made a fair offer. CA accepted it an agreed to allow me to have the vehicle inspected by a certified Ford Mechanic prior to completing the deal. It appears the vehicle had been prepped to appear in good condition. The leather seats had been painted, the engine had leaks and the rear main seal was leaking. There were other issues that prompted the mechanic to consider it a lemon. I would not recommend anyone to buy from this establishment unless they have the vehicle independently inspected by a certified Mechanic or Dealership.

April 28, 2014

We appreciate the feedback you have provided with regard to your experience. At City Auto our goal is to consistently provide quality pre-owned vehicles and excellent service. Vehicles offered for sale at City Auto have all been inspected for quality. Each vehicle receives a thorough multi-point review to meet high quality standards. Each vehicle comes with two history reports. We also welcome customers to have their mechanic inspect a vehicle. We are pleased to have he opportunity to address your vehicle concerns directly and encourage you to contact us at 901-377-9502 to speak with our customer service manager or GM.

Car buying at City Auto

by from Somerville, TN |

My husband and I purchased a car from City Auto a few months ago. Chris Weeks was the salesman. Although we were dreading to go car shopping, Chris made our car buying experience great. We were impressed by the way we were treated. Due to this car buying experience at City Auto going so well, we returned in less than 6 months to purchase a second car. Joshua Huggins was the salesman when we purchased our second car. I can honestly say Joshua made this car buying experience as great as Chris. What I loved most about City Auto is, I did not feel pressured. I highly recommend anyone who is going to purchase a vehicle to go to City Auto. You will not be disappointed. Chris and Joshua keep up the great work!

Poor business skills and poor customer services

by from Memphis,TN |

They didn't call back or reached out to me and I'm still interested in buying a car I find that to be bad business skills it's been weeks and I have still gotten no reply from city auto dealership.

January 15, 2014

We apologize for our failure to connect with you. At City Auto it is our goal to ensure prompt, thorough follow up to all customer inquiries. Please let us know again, if you would, how best to contact you and any information specific to the vehicle you are interested in, so we may respond to you. Thank you for making us aware of your inconvenience. City Auto strives to continually improve to better serve you.

Greatly Satisfied Customer - Will Return

by from Memphis, TN |

Ron Gray was our sales rep and really went out of his way to assist our family in purchasing two cars - One in May and One in August. Would highly recommend contacting Ron for any and all car purchases

Sold a car with major previous damage!!!!!

by from Memphis, TN |

Don't trust them. I'm a single female without family or close friends. I didn't everything I could to find a decent car in my price range. I didn't want anything flashy, just something reliable and safe. I was sold a lemon. I did not check the car thoroughly enough, but trusted that my salesman was trustworthy. Stupid me. I'm an idiot and I know it, but why is it okay to not disclose major issues like a car's wrecked status??? Sure business and business, but I would have never done that to another person. I'm stuck with a car worth atleast $4000 less than what I paid. I would have never bought the car if I had know. I'll probably get stuck on the side of the road and once again have no one to turn to for help....

June 17, 2013

We're sorry for your bad experience with City Auto and would like the opportunity to restore your confience in us and correct the issue. We work diligently to ensure that vehicles offered for sale at City Auto are thoroughly inspected to provide only quality pre-owned cars, trucks and SUVs. We appreciate your feedback and encourage you to contact us directly, so we may resolve the problem. Please contact our Customer Service Manager at 901-377-9502 or email pguy@cityauto.com. Thank you for your comment. We look forward to serving you.

Great customer service, no BS auto sales

by from Water Valley, MS |

Excellent sales and service. Goes the extra mile after the sale better than any dealership I've been to, new or used. Very impressed.

Fast & Honest Customer Services

by from Cordova TN |

I would highly reccommend calling Chris Weeks at City Auto for your next automobile purchase. He was fast, honest and got the job done. I also enjoyed working with the inside financing company representative..........I thought I deserved a better interest rate through Wells Fargo and he got me one! Thank you City Auto and Chris Weeks! I'm enjoying my fully loaded 2010 Buick Enclave!

Horrible experience

by from Plainwell, MI |

I drive from Michigan to Memphis to purchase a Sprinter van. I was told that the vehicle didn't need anything. I asked a lot of questions since I live 12 hrs away. I was told that all service was up to date, and that there was just "normal wear and tear" for a 2008 model. My wife and I drove down to purchase the vehicle. The outside was excellent! All was good until we looked inside. The speakers were ripped out, the air vents were ripped out. The seats were cut and the plastic seat backs were kicked in. Someone even scratched a swear word into the plastic seat back. Normal wear and tear? I told the dealer that this was not normal wear and tear. He told me that I should have asked him to look INSIDE the van. I told him that was HIS job. He also lied about the tire conditions and there was a warning light illuminated on the dash for the entire test drive--so much for not needing anything. We had been ready to purchase, but left instead. Watch out! This is a very high volume dealership. THey were very proud of selling 600+ vehicles a month, but you definitely feel like cattle, not a person. They could care less about you, they just want to get you in the door and will lie to get you there

March 25, 2013

We apologize for your poor experience and would like the opportunity to address it directly. We encourage you to contact our customer service manager, Priscilla Guy or our general manager, William Brigance at 901-377-9502. Your comments help us to continually improve our service through coaching and development of our staff. This is not how our staff is trained to care for customers.