Ron Tonkin Mazda

750 SE 122nd Ave, Portland, OR 97233

Used 888-812-6555

THANKS RON TONKIN!

by from Portland, Or. |

I want to give a great BIG Thank you to Trudy and the Staff at the 122nd and Stark Ron Tonkin Dealership!! I used to think (like many people) that you might have higher prices and get talked into repairs not needed when you went to a dealership! However, a friend of mine talked me into checking Ron Tonkin on 122nd out because he had terrific service! AND, I have had wonderful service for several years thru them! Recently I was in an accident and they were so helpful thru all the insurance hassels! Thanks Trudy and Don for your excellent, clear walk through on my new (to me) car! I really appreciate your expertise and explaination of the condition of the car. You make going to the Shop a good experience! With free wifi, a comfortable waiting area, and always friendly personal - I would recommend Ron Tonkin on 122nd and Stark to ANYONE! :) Sincerely, BJ Stromme

The worst experience I have ever had

by from San Francisco, CA |

Do not even bother with these clowns!! I tried to purchase a used car that was on their lot for an extended period of time. I am from another state so I called and accepted their asking price. They responded saying that they could not hold the vehicle and that "they were losing $ on the deal" so unless I could come in that day and purchase it, they would send it to auction. The next day on a Sunday, a friend of mine drove from Seattle (Kirkland) (2.5 hrs) to test drive the car. He gave me the thumbs up. He told the salesman that I would purchase the vehicle. I then tried to get ahold of sales manager, who was repeatedly "unavailable". No calls back, just silence. I tried the salesman, same thing... Silence. I then get a text, not a call back just a lame text saying that the car has been sold. Funny, how they would not take a deposit from my friend, it sits on the lot for months and in a few hours it is sold. Gee whiz, what a coincidence.... BTW ~ when they ask about how you are going to purchase the car, just fib and say that you are going finance it (if you intend on paying cash). They make $500 on the loan and since I was going to pay cash, I was a less attractive buyer. STAY AWAY FROM THESE CLOWNS!!!!

Epitome of used car salesman

by from Vancouver, WA |

Pat of Ron Tonkin Fiat is morally bankrupt. Although I did buy my car from him simply because they had the car that I wanted I would not recommend this dealer unless you are o.k. with ultra high pressure sales and a complete distortion of the facts. Pat?s disingenuous representation of the facts during my car buying experience was in the form of the quintessential used car salesman ?ware down? process. I found his tactics to be insulting, with him approaching the process as if I were completely ignorant to the facts. I have never bought a vehicle from Ron Tonkin before and I will not return to that particular dealership, nor would I wish to expose any of my friends to Pat?s enthusiastic corruption of the public good.

ron tonkin mazda

by from Dallas, OR |

Top marks to Ron Tonkin Mazda. We had shopped for a new Mazda 3 and several other dealers came in with what we thought was a pretty good price. Tonkin beat them all be a significant margin. The car was ready when we arrived, The staff was friendly and helpful and they even matched our credit union rate. We could not recommend them more highly.

Meh....

by from Portland, or |

Buying experience was ok. Friendly staff - usual wait time and mysterious finance guy. I really just have a couple of issues that should have been no brainiers when purchasing a $22,000 car. They only supplied me with one key - a second one will cost me $100 bucks - and when I asked for a manual they said I could go buy one at a Subaru dealership. Kinda lame...won't buy there again.

Best Car Buying Experience Ever!

by from Newberg, OR |

Feb 4 2012 I bought a Mazda 5 door 'tour' I was greeted by Kathy M and Mychal who helped me thru out the process. I felt so comfortable with them and they found exactly the car I wanted! Thanks to Adam I got a great trade in value for my Mazda Tribute and he was able to get me a lower interest rate. Steve, the finance manager, made the paperwork process simple and explained all the details. This is by far the BEST dealership in town and I'm coming back in June to buy another Mazda for my son who is graduating college! A big thanks to everyone @ Ron Tonkin Mazda for their help and when I didn't think things could get any better I was privileged to deal with the service manager who was awesome! Nice people....