Northwest Honda

New 877-856-5423
Used 877-371-7109
Service 888-710-7047

"The Golden Rule Dealer"

Never can make a deal here

by from Baltimore Md |

Tried to buy a car here three times over the last 15 years and it's like they don't want to sell anything. They are smug and their selection is horrible. Each time they didn't want to deal with me I have made purchases elsewhere.

Price agreed to before may not be honored

by from Fredericksburg, VA |

I wanted to resolve everything over email ahead of time before I arrived. I appreciated the fact that the salesperson was responsive via email (unlike other dealerships that just kept sending me form emails that completely ignored what I was asking). Unfortunately, although I said I was from out-of-state the registration/tags/etc. info I was sent was for the dealership's state which just made things more confusing. I thought we had arrived on an agreed to price that was $200 under the asking price so I drove a long way to make the purchase. Everyone we dealt with was very pleasant during the process, especially the salesperson Derek. However, there was one aspect that I was very uncomfortable with and that overshadowed my purchase experience. Based on the email agreement we traveled up to Northwest Honda and when presented with the price I stated that I expected to pay the $200 below asking. But we were told that Billy could not do that and they were only willing to add $100 to our trade. It is very frustrating that the price we agreed to previously was not honored. I never met Billy but I received numerous follow-up emails from him. I conveyed both the positive aspects of my buying experience and frustrations, but I never heard anything back. We also had to do more waiting than I expected and it took many hours to get through the process. I was concerned about the registration/tag process since we were out of state. We actually got conflicting information from different people at Northwest Honda, one of which warned us that they contract out registration for other states and it might not get done in time and I might be better off doing it myself - which made me ever more hesitant. But I was pleasantly surprised that we received the registration and tags in less than a week. Overall - the pricing was reasonable, but the refusal to honored the agreed to price make me feel the need to warn other buyers.

Great service

by from WASHINGTON DC |

Went in to purchase a 2007 acura mdx. Loved the vehicle, but needed tobe looked over by their mechanic as a light came on during test drive. Upon further inspection of vehicle it was found that exhaust system was not functioning correctly and the repair was more then expected. Due to the extensice repair that was needed, dealership would not sell car in current condition. I thought this was notable as some dealerships will sell whatever just to meet/make their quota. Will definitely purchase vehicle from them one day.

NORTHWEST HONDA IS A GREAT DEALER

by from Randallstown, MD |

My daughter was looking for a 09 Acura TL and Northwest Honda had just the one she wanted. The Sales consultant Billy "Bobcat" Collins was great finilly a car sales consultant that is streight forward and NO lies !!!!. Not only did we purchase the 09 Acura I also traded in my 05 Honda for a 09 Honda. Once we make our choice the total paperwork process took less than 1 hour. I would recommend this dealer to all my friends and family.

Don't Be a Statistic!

by from Staunton, VA |

"We're a high-volume dealership," they told me when I called about a 2005 Jaguar X-Type. And that proved to be true as they treated me as a number ... despite driving for seven hours round-trip the next day to view and purchase the vehicle. I was told that they'd handle all the registrations and "paperwork" with the Virginia DMV, as well as that they'd reimburse me for any repairs to the brakes (which I knew were needed but the salesman vehemently denied) that the authorized me (in writing) to have done locally. A week later, I get lots of "thank you" emails from the used car manager, urging me to contact him if I experience any problems. That I did ... along with me salesman. Neither have replied to numerous emails I sent, inquiring about the status of my vehicle's registration and repairs. And while the used car manager put me on hold when I called, transferring me to my salesperson, I received a rude and nasty tongue lashing. This is not the way I -- or you -- want to be treated by a car dealership! If you want to be no more than a number, then consider dealing with Northwest Honda. If, however, you want personalized and courteous attention -- before, during, and after the sale -- then I recommend you go elsewhere!

Easy Buying Experience

by from Clarksburg, MD |

I was interested in an Element they had listed on cars.com. I was contacted immediately by Ray about my inquiry and was provided all the information I needed. He followed-up just enough and without pressure. Ray was a pleasure to deal with and was able to address all of my concerns about the pre-owned vehicle. The car was extremely clean and it ran smoothly. Unfortunately it needed a brake overhaul $800 and all the fluid flushed and filled another $600.

Don't expect customer service

by from Washington DC |

The buying process and followup for a problem left a lot to be desired. Don't expect your calls will be returned. They had some trouble getting the title and registration paperwork done at the sale and then it was just ignored. Ended up taking lots of time and persistence to get resolved. Some staff there can't seem to be bothered with customer service. It's mostly a top-down management problem as some of the staff who are low on the totem pole were more helpful than the higher-ups.

Quick, Friendly & Went Beyond...

by from Baltimore, MD |

I actually started out on the new car lot b/c I didn't know the new and used Honda lots were separated, but the salesman had them bring the vehicle I saw on cars.com over to the lot I was on. Everything went smoothly and as others said there was no pressure sales, very relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Paperwork was very speedy. The previous owner of the vehicle had an after market installation that needed to be removed, which the service dept. removed. When I was ready to pull off the lot & went to play a DVD, the DVD/CD/Radio unit didn't come on. THEY GOT RIGHT ON IT & IT ONLY TOOK A FEW MINUTES TO REPAIR! I would definitely recommend Northwest Honda dealership. My only fair comment is that the new car lot's inside facility (showroom floor, sales offices, waiting area, etc.) looks much better than the used car lot's inside facility. But that's not unusual since it two different lots and used car lots indoor facilities don't always look as nice as new car lots facilities :o) Great experience w/quick easy service. P.S. My salesman even gave me $40 out of his own pocket for extra gas. Now that's above and beyond!

Well worth the drive from Pa

by from York, Pa |

I can't speak on the new car sales people, but across the street at Northwest Honda Pre-owned they were great. Although they didn't have a ton of used cars, the ones they had were in better shape and actually less expensive than used cars at other places. I was given the car fax report without asking and also given a receipt of all the work they put into the car before they offered it for sale which included brand new goodyear tires and all new breaks. I feel like I got a great deal and that they were honest and not pushy in any way.

Poor customer service

by from Etters, PA |

This dealership offers good pricing on new vehicles but you will work with many different people and they do not communicate well with each other. A lot of pressure to finance, buy warranties, and buy accessories. No one will call you back when you have questions or concerns. No one answers when you call...just goes to voicemail. I was missing necessary paperwork when I left the dealership and my new vehicle had an empty tank of gas.