Jim Coleman Honda

12441 Auto Drive, Clarkesville, MD 21029

New 888-811-7552
Used 866-568-7610
Service 866-344-8366

Join our family of owners and become an Auto Awards member. It can save you thousands of dollars. Ask us!

Jim Coleman Honda had the best Value

by from Ellicott City, MD |

Well, though I have better quotes from other dealers, Ravi convinced me to buy it from Jim Coleman. So I am happy to say that he did his best in convincing me to buy a civic-ex-l from you and also explained all the necessary features of the civic. I hope this speaks volume about his salesmen ship and customer service.

Good Dealer for car services

by from Clarksville, MD |

I am very satisfied with the services done here,.

I drive from VA for this consistent and superior

by from McLean VA |

We've purchased a number of cars at Coleman Honda, and although we live an hour away, we continue to take the cars to Coleman for all of our service. Everyone is polite and professional, and each of the service people that we've worked with has been knowledgeable, responsive, excellent with their communication, and accurate on time estimates. Most importantly, as with most things in life, and cars sometimes, surprises come up. Things you didn't expect, or unique challenges. Coleman has always done the right thing, and they take care of any issue until you are satisfied.

Thanks for a Great Job

by from Clarksville |

As usual, a super job. Gotta say, repairs and brakes are great, and the car wash was phenomenal !

Review

by from Glenwood, Maryland |

Cliff is always very helpful. We have been coming to him for years.

Service Review

by from Elkridge, MD |

Brought my car to Jim Coleman because of Tim Murray my service specialist with Jim Colmans. Awesom individual honest and very helpful.

Negative shopping experience, high pressure

by from Howard County, MD |

Summary: * after you agree to buy car, high pressure to purchase add ons that have been marked up * Dealer?s Best Price Guarantee is essentially meaningless (extremely difficult to get them to honor) * Sales tactics are conducted in a borderline abusive manner * do not give them your contact info Dealership has a lot of windows and a large showroom space. First visit: salesman Sam Chads offered me a price on the minivan that seemed decent. I wasn?t ready to commit to a purchase at the time so I decided to leave. Before I left, the sales manager said hello. It?s clear that he has a story for everyone (if not 5 stories for everyone). He told me the dealership gives "everyone a good deal" and they really take care of their Costco member customers. After my initial visit, the dealership regularly sent me emails, ?We want to make sure that all of our online customers are treated with courtesy and respect and that we provide the information and opportunity for you to have a hassle-free purchasing experience.? These emails seem very personable, but they are just spam. I went back a month later. My negative experience began after I agreed to buy the vehicle. This dealership hits you with sales persons wave after wave, each claiming they are just doing their job while you wait for the next person each customer must meet to be available. I was told that I would have to meet with the finance manager (Jeff Packer). I was also required to meet with a customer relations member (female). She was friendly and began to offer me many additional services. She is very convincing, mixing in personal stories of the value these products will bring. Clearly, each of the services she offered was extremely overpriced. One of the products is a PROPACK which includes rustproofing, undercoating, paint sealing, and interior protection. Don?t take my word for it being overpriced or unnecessary: Google/search: ?new car protection dealer options? The finance manager tried to sell me the same products/services I had declined to the customer relations female and many more. He had a story for each of why they were important. His stories on why you need X,Y,&Z are very convincing. For instance, he offered me gap protection for a few hundred dollars. My car insurance (national carrier) offers the same protection for $36. He offered many of the services multiple times and would make comments like ?I?m surprised you?re not getting this? or ?I?m shocked you don?t see the value in this.? One of my favorite lines were ?Actuaries run numbers/formulas to come up with these figures so the worst you would do is break even.? The stories are all exaggerated and prices are all inflated. The staff at this dealership hassles you and misrepresents facts while wearing a big smile. I?m turned off by the excessive manner Jim Coleman dealership staff uses these tactics, and the high price markup. I have very little trust or loyalty based on these actions. I wanted to give Jim Coleman the benefit of the doubt. I thought they may have sold me the car at such a big discount, they were looking to make up the costs with add-ons. I went to another dealership a few days after my purchase and spent an hour there getting the best deal I could to compare. This other Honda dealership located within a 30 minute drive from Jim Coleman quoted me a bottom line price $900 less. With this knowledge, I went back to Jim Coleman to speak with Sam. It took over an hour to have this conversation. Sam took out his calculator and ran some simple figures. He told me there was no way, especially not lower than $900; basically stated I was lying. Jim Coleman offers a Best Price Guarantee. But it turns out you have to get another dealership?s manager to sign a written quote. There seems to be an unwritten law against this among dealerships b/c other dealerships wouldn?t provide one. The purchase price I received was decent, the buying experience was filled with pressure and inflated price add ons.

Great car buying experience at Jim Coleman

by from Clarksville Maryland |

Jim Coleman Honda was a great dealership to do business with. Tyler was very knowledgable about the car and was able to teach us a lot about how everything worked. The dealerships "best price guarantee" really made it much easier to get a better price over their competitor. Look forward to future business with Jim Coleman!

by from columbia, md |

I am thrilled with my new car. Let me take this opportunity to say that it was a pleasure dealing with Theo. he was very nice and certainly very knowledgeable about the cars. He took me right to what I was looking for. I would recommend him to anyone and have told people about him already. I have no doubt he is a very valuable member of your team.

Fantastic Experience

by from Columbia, MD |

I purchased an HRV for my daughter from your dealership last evening. Victor Tabinsky took care of us. It was a great experience. I've bought many cars over the past 25 years and I have to say Victor was one of the best people I've ever worked with. He was so nice, efficient and professional. He was so kind to my daughter and showed her all the ins and out of the HRV, showing genuine concern as if she was his daughter. It really made me happy she had a great experience for her first new car purchase and Victor made that happen. He followed up with an email and a call which was above and beyond my expectations. Thanks you and special thanks to Victor Tabinsky. I will be certain to refer others for any honda purchase

Horrible treatment

by from Clarksville |

I had the worst experience in the history of customer service at your dealership. My home is 3 miles from the dealership but I had no way of getting there. The used car manager called me and arranged for me to be picked up by the salesperson in the vehicle of interest. At no point did I ever state on the phone that I would be buying a vehicle whether or not he arranged for my pick up. Upon getting to the dealership, the salesperson and I eventually go back and forth with offers on the vehicle and then finally he gets the used car manager involved. The used car manager and I go back and forth but could not agree upon a sales price. We parted on a good note or so I thought. I noticed the salesperson?s disposition immediately change when no deal was made. I asked him if he was able to drive me back home. He went to go ask the manager who supposedly said ?no?. I asked if there was anyone that could drive me home at which time the salesperson again acquired of his manager who said ?no?. The salesperson stated because he allegedly had other appointments and because it is the last 2 days of the month. In addition, he stated he wasn?t driving me home because he and the manager thought I was going to buy a car today but didn?t (which was the real reason). The only way back to my home is to take Route 108 which has NO SIDEWALKS, is a very busy road and subsequently very dangerous for anyone to walk. I will do my best to DISCOURAGE ANY and EVERYONE reading this review or in normal conversation to NEVER, NEVER, NEVER do business with Jim Coleman Honda. There is NO EXCUSE to how I was treated when there was never any guarantee that I would buy a vehicle. Moreover, that is just not how you treat people when your slogan states ?It Is Our Stated Policy ... To Treat ... Every Visitor ...To Our Dealership ... As An Honored Guest ... In Our Home ... EveryDay ... EveryTime ... Without Fail ... No Exceptions.? I guess I was the exception on this particular day.