Charlie Obaugh Staunton

410 Lee Jackson Hwy, Staunton, VA 24401

New 866-984-3821
Used 866-984-3814
Service 866-984-3850

We'll do whatever it takes!

Ask the right salesman

by from Grottoes, VA |

The dealership was having a special event at the Staunton mall. My wife and I were looking for a car that I could commute to Charlottesville, We approached a salesman, that was on the grounds, Told him I only had $5000 to spend, Did they have anything that would our budget, He said no could not help me, So we walked away. I guess because I was dressed in work clothes, did not help his option of us, Then on the way out we saw another salesman a lady this time, explained our situation to her. She took us straight to a car, that could fit our budget. We purchased that car even though it was $900 more than we had anticipated on spending. My hat goes off to Katy who really helped through this process. Glad I spoke to her she gave me a entirely different out look on this dealership.

Poor customer service and long waiting time

by from Staunton VA 24401 |

I went in because I noticed that my car was leaking brake fulid. I tried calling several times to see what was wrong with it and how much it would cost. It took 2 days for someone to talk to me. I had to get a ride up there and had to wait until they could find someone to talk to me. I finally got someone to talk to me. The guy was rude and said that it would take 3 days until I get my car back. My suggestion would be if you want to get answers just wait up there.

Popular camper inspection

by from Staunton, Va |

We needed our popular camper inspected and made a 9:30 am appointment. We arrived early and was kept waiting 1 hour past our appointment time. A tech came and looked at the expired inspection sticker with a mouth full of food and then disappeared for another 20 minutes. He finally reappeared and slapped on the new inspection sticker and gave us the paperwork to take to the cashier without inspecting ANYTHING!!! He did not he knows the lights, signals, tires, nothing. I called him back and mamade him check the tire pressure. Both tires were about 40 pounds low. He commented this was not part of a state inspection but he would put air in them for me. I said you did not check my lights or anything! I went to the office to explain what happened.I said you kept me waiting 1 hour past my appointment a day then just slapped on a sticker and did not inspect anything. Guy says you make an appointment does not mean we will inspect your vehicle at that time. I said my point is you kept me waiting and still did not inspect anything. You can lose your inspection license for that. He then said I will check on it and yelled sorry as I walked out the door!

Body shop is fantastic!!

by from Staunton, va |

I have a volkswagon but they don't have a body shop so they sent me to Charlie obaugh! They were very helpful, fast and friendly. They got me in for an appointment right away. The customer service was great, and my car looks brand new. The repair was a couple day process and they called to update me along the way atleast once a day! I highly recommend!!

we really liked the sales staff..

by from charlottesville,va |

the sales staff and the finance manager were really great and made it so easy to purchase a vehicle..they were open and honest about the car and really nice and good humored as well.we received the best features and warrenty that I have ever thought of for a used car.and with no money down and lot monthly payments.i will recommend them to any one I know that is in the market for buying a car..i hope their service is as good as their sales staff and I look forward to doing business with them in the future....

POOR /RUDE customer service with warranty repairs!

by from Staunton , VA |

First time I needed a warranty repair on my 2012 Kia Sorento at 40,000 miles was the hatch lock, approximately a $250 part, was told it wouldn't be covered because it was "damaged". Really??? If it was in working order why would I even need the warranty. Does Charlie Obaugh only honor manufacturers warranties on vehicles that don't need serviced? Secondly, I reminded Mr Obaugh himself that I had paid cash for 2 vehicles purchased at his dealership in the past couple years (both of which had regularly been serviced there up until 6 months ago, when I began to get routine maintainance performed closer to home, keeping all records). Mr Obaugh stated his establishment tended to do more of those type things for customers who had all their service work performed by them only. I had also had two other vehicles in their body shop in the prior two months. Charlie Obaugh is extremely arrogant and rude, and his service manager, Cliff, well he's just rude!!! When the deal is over, kiss customer service goodbye!! Ohhh and their advertisement of price matching tires is a farce!!

Our experience at Charlie Obaugh Staunton,VA

by from Waterbury,CT |

We began looking for a new/used car after our ACURA MDX was totaled. After thoroughly searching our local dealers, private owners and the Internet for approximately 3 weeks, we stumbled across the Charlie Obaugh (Staunton, VA) website. Not only did they have the vehicle we were searching for but they had the best price as well (about $2k less than any other dealer or private owner). We decided to purchase the car so we spoke to Casey the sales representative who gave us the lowest and absolute best price on this vehicle. He also offered to pick my fiancÚ up from the airport (which was about a 50 minute ride from the dealership) considering that she was flying in from CT. From the time she landed to the time she drove the car off of the lot was nothing less than pleasurable! No hassle, no pressure, just good ole southern hospitality. Our buying experience here at this dealership was wonderful and I would highly recommend this place to anyone.

Very Positive Experience

by from Charlottesville, VA |

We initially went to Charlie Obaugh because they had the color combination of the car we wanted (Kia Optima) in stock, so we wanted to see what it looked like in person. We weren't intent on buying a car that day, but their sales staff was very friendly, non-pushy, and made the sales process a very positive and refreshing one (this is the 6th vehicle we have purchased in the last 18 years). At no time did I feel pressured or being treated dishonestly by anyone at this dealer. They were willing to work with us on rebates, financing and our trade in; in fact, they were the third dealer to appraise our trade and offered us the highest of the three. The staff was personable and didn't really push any upselling of products or services (like extended warranties and such). Finally, they were very helpful in helping us with a few accessories for the new car and even threw in all-weather floor mats at no charge. Overall, I would certainly recommend this dealer.