Handy Chevrolet

699 Highgate Rd, Saint Albans, VT 05478

New 888-591-3963
Used 888-591-5956
Service 888-774-1306

Short on time? Shop online! Go to handycars.com today.

Best of the Best- (not really)

by from sWANTON,VT |

This review was offered to the owner of Handy Chevrolet in St Albans Vermont (Dan Handy) before it was posted. I know Dan is very busy, but he chose to not respond to this review before I posted it. ------ This was my 6th attempt to buy from Handy's since 1988 (4 GM attempts 1997, 2003, 2007, and 2014- 1 dodge attempt 1988 and 1 Toyota attempt 1992 ). I usually ask them to give me their best price and walk away with it and can beat it handily by many hundreds of dollars. This time, I made the mistake of letting them know that their price wasn't competitive and I've had to pass on their offers many times over the last few decades. Over the next several days they actually gave me a very competitive price. I accepted and agreed to drive the 25 miles from my home to the dealership to sign the purchase agreement to lock in the vehicle at the agreed upon price. After going through most of the paperwork, we had a bit of a glitch and they said they couldn't honor our original agreement. They blamed GM for the rules that GM dictate. I walked away in disgust.. My research suggests that Handy Chevrolet may have learned about this detail that ended our deal at the last minute and that this wasn't a premeditated ploy on their part. . But I think it is their job too know what they are agreeing to - I felt very strongly that I should not have been sitting in that chair being told that this car was going to cost me $600 more than we agreed to, after driving an hour to sign their paperwork to lock in the deal as they requested.

Handy Chevrolet responded to this review

January 20, 2015

This was all a misunderstanding. Our numbers did not change. What changed was the fact that you no longer qualified for a $600 gift card because we used a rebate of larger value in lieu. We were focused on the selling price and rebates, not the gift card. After agreeing on a price, you came in and we went over the entire deal with you, which is when we realized you no longer would qualify for a gift card. We brought up the fact that you would not qualify when we were going over all the numbers with you and before anything was signed. We had no intention of misrepresenting anything to you. We were just trying to be aggressive to earn your business. Thank you for the opportunity.

2010 Nissan Murano

by from Fairfield, VT |

I recently purchased a 2010 Nissan Murano and the entire process from figuring out what I really needed but more importantly wanted was exceptional. Frank Marshall greeted me at the door with a smile and handshake and always listened to what I was saying. He provided me great options and ended up finding the the car with the amenities that I really wanted at a great price. From the time I decided what I was going to purchase to the time of signing the paperwork and picking up the car, the team at Handy Chevrolet was great to work with. Certainly will be going back for my next car purchase. Great job guys.

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Z71

by from Saint Albans, VT |

My experience was great overall with help from Randy Stanley and Jim Lash. Randy understood my situation and did everything he could to get me into the truck that I wanted. I had told him that that was the only vehicle I was interest off the lot he never tried to get me into anything I didn't. I also appreciate the work Jim Lash put in working with others to get the financing done. They both were committed to get the deal done if when it seemed like it wasn't going to happen.

Best dealership I've ever dealt with!

by from Peru, New York |

I was very fortunate to work with Jim Lash and Tim Luneau from Handy Chevrolet in Vermont. The process to trade my car in for another was extremely smooth and easy. I had visited several dealership through NY state and had no luck and encountered horrible customer service. Jim and Tim made the car buying experience rewarding. They have definitely gained my future business. Thank you Tim, Jim, and Handy Chevrolet!

great custermer service

by from swanton,vt |

they did an outstanding job in listening to our concerns and found a great car and deal.thanx

Very Friendly, Good Deals

by from Milton, Vermont |

Everyone was very friendly and went out of their way to sell me the car. Randy the salesman as well as the other employees were very welcoming, and very helpful as well. I couldn't be happier with my new car and I appreciate everything they did to get me to buy it.

Thank you Tim Lunea and the Handy Chevrolet team

by from Highgate VT |

Great customer service. They got me the truck I wanted and gave me a fair deal.

Top Notch, sight unseen, long distance purchase!

by from Fairlee, VT. |

I have MS, and when it no longer was easy for me to get in and out of my SUV, I knew I had to look for something more practical. I am someone that always bought new vehicles every 2-3 years (back in Florida), and had a great relationship with my dealer there. With medical issues and the costs involved, I knew I needed a reliable, but modestly priced used vehicle. Not knowing any dealers here, I first looked at local dealers and only found very worn out, high mileage vehicles, discouraged, I looked to the Internet, and that's when I found Handycars.com! They had a link marked cars under $12K, so of course I looked! I found two immediately, and clicked the link asking for more information. The very next day Randy Stanley, from Handy Chevrolet sent me an email with a video tape of one of the vehicles! I was more than impressed, and since they were almost two hours away from me, this video tape helped me see inside and out, and get a great narrative of the car, by Randy. This not only saved $ on gas, but it saved me a four hour round trip, which at the time, I couldn't make due to my health. Because of the video, I determined that specific car wasn't what I was looking for, so I called and spoke with Randy, and asked if he could make me another video on a minivan they had. He was so nice, and more than happy to make one, and get the answers to all of my questions. That same day I was watching the new video, and knew immediately, that this minivan would be perfect for my needs, and for my two large dogs. Now here's where Randy and Jim Lash went above and beyond for me. Because of an MS flare, I couldn't drive, I knew I wanted the van, and knew I had to act fast before someone else grabbed it (This van was spotless, no rust, garaged kept, 1 owner, a clean CarFax which Handy Cars provide free for every car, and it had less than 58K miles on it for a 10 year old vehicle!). Randy Stanley provided me with such great information, pictures and a thorough video, which allowed me to feel confident in making this purchase sight unseen! Yes, sight unseen! Once we agreed on everything, Jim Lash, the Finance Manager, made it so easy for me to get the information together that they needed, along with my payment for the van, and when all was received, Jim overnighted me the paperwork to sign, and a day later arrangements were made to have the van picked up. A day later, Randy greeted the guys who came to pick up the van, went over the van, the paperwork, and even made sure it was gas'd up for the two hour drive back! I couldn't be more thrilled at the quality of this van, but what made this long distance, sight unseen purchase so effortless and seamless, was the professionalism and the kind demeanor of Randy Stanley, and Jim Lash! Without all of their emails, phone calls, and the answering of all my many questions, I felt comfortable knowing I was getting exactly what they assured me I would, and that's a beautiful, almost like new, 10 year old minivan. I admit that a minivan is not something I ever imagined myself driving, but when life threw me a curve and MS limited my mobility, I had no choice but to adapt. I'm confident that this van will be perfect for me and the dogs, for my disability, and it gives me peace of mind, knowing it's a quality vehicle that won't leave me stranded on the side of the road. You made buying a used vehicle less scary, and buying something sight unseen, a breeze! Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Randy Stanley & Jim Lash...You guys are the best! Anyone on the fence about buying a used car, don't be...these guys and this dealership will have your back! Plus, they're really NICE guys! Randy even called the day after I got it to see if I was satisfied! Now that's great customer service if you ask me!

Very Satisfied with Carmen and Jim!

by from St. Albans |

I did not expect to buy a car that day, but did with a lot of help from Carmen. I have been to the dealership and will only work with her. She does not make me (female) feel stupid and answers all of my questions. While I was there someone came in and asked the gal out front if there were any salesmen available. People should know that there are, but also a VERY competent saleswoman, as well!

2014 Chevy 1500

by from Franklin VT |

Bought 2014 Chevy 1500,very pleased with the price and knowledge of the sales team. Frank went the extra mile to make sure I was happy. I will go back when I trade again.