Speedway Auto Mall

Speedway Auto Mall

1590 W. Lane Road, Machesney Park, IL 61115

Used 866-694-9503

by from Madison, WI |

Speedway was good to work with. They got back to me with questions I had right away and setup a time for me to do a test drive. They are very nice and respond promptly.

TOLD TO TAKE MY BUSINESS ELSEWHERE - THANK YOU!

by from Freeport, IL |

Found a 1994 Chevrolet Yukon for sale at the Speedway Auto Mall during an online search late one Friday afternoon. The Yukon was listed for a specific price. Contacted Speedway Auto Mall and spoke with a salesman by the name of Brian. Brian informed me that he knew the vehicle and that he was the one that took it in trade. I arrived at the dealership with a good friend that is a master mechanic with 10 years experience. Brian was not available but we were directed to another salesman named Ryan. Ryan informed us that the Yukon was available however it had no reverse gear. Both I and my friend suggested to Ryan that the fact that the Yukon needed a new transmission would have been a rather important piece of information to have put in the online advertisement. We offered Ryan a reasonable price for a vehicle without the ability to travel in reverse. He chuckled and then went to speak with his ?manager?. He came back to us and informed us that Speedway would install a rebuilt transmission in the Yukon for an additional charge. We asked if the rebuilt transmission would have a warranty. Ryan said he did not know and could not find out until Monday. We asked to see the Yukon and take it for a test drive. Ryan said sure but that he had to jump start it because it had been sitting on the lot for months. My mechanic friend took the Yukon for a test drive and found several problems: No reverse, leak in cooling system (probably new radiator needed), front end alignment, new battery, and sever other minor issues, wiper blades, gas cap, etc. Ryan quoted us a price for the Yukon with a rebuilt transmission. I informed him I would accept his offer if Speedway would install the transmission, fix the cooling system and install a new battery. I asked that he call me on Monday when he found out whether the rebuilt transmission would have a warranty. Monday came and no call. I called Ryan who informed me that he did not yet know about the transmission warranty but would get back to me. Tuesday came and went. Late Wednesday afternoon I called Ryan. He again told me that he did not know about the warranty but that his service manager was still working on it. I asked to speak with his boss. Sales manager came on the line and I went through the above story with him. He informed me that he had been out of the office and had just returned. He also informed me that the transmission would have a one year warranty but that Speedway would not do any work on the Yukon until it had been written up and I had paid for it. I informed him that I would not pay for the vehicle until the work was complete and my mechanic had reviewed it. He suggested that he would install the transmission if I put down half of the purchase price as a deposit. He would not commit to fixing the cooling system until he found out if it was a minor leak or if it needed a new radiator. I again informed him I would buy the Yukon at their specified price if the transmission, the cooling system and the battery issues were resolved. I pointed out to him that the value suggested by a national publication for a similar model Yukon was quite a bit less than the price they were now asking and that I had agreed to pay, if the identified issues were resolved. I also pointed out that I was not impressed with the manner in which his dealership advertised the Yukon and how Ryan had handled the negotiation up to that point. Sales manager informed me that the national publication?s price was meaningless as the Yukon was a sought after vehicle. He then actually asked me if, when I originally called Brian, whether I had asked if the Yukon had a reverse gear!! After I expressed my shock at that absurdity, the sales manager informed me that I should take my business elsewhere. The Speedway Auto Mall is the reason used car dealers have a bad reputation. BUYERS BEWARE!

Review on Speedway Auto Mall and Roscoe Automotive

by from Roscoe, IL |

In early August, I was in the process of purchasing a vehicle from Speedway Auto Mall. I settled on a 2001 Nissan Maxima. I asked Speedway for permission to have Roscoe Automotive take a look at the car. Roscoe Automotive found two significant things wrong. Speedway agreed to fix those things at no charge after some nudging. Overall, I am most pleased with the professionalism of both Speedway Auto Mall and Roscoe Automotive. RawleyT

By far the worst customer service ever.

by from Beloit, wi |

Walking in right away front desk lady is playing with her phone while I am waiting to get help. The manager is a rude and very aggressive person. They have no communication skills and no respect for the customer. The sales Rep very nice people but wow by far the worst experience ever. I gave a down payment then I decide to go somewhere else returned my money on a check which I drove almost and hour to cash and they charged me to charge. Then at the bank the representative couldn't cash the check because they would not answer the phones to cash a check with such an amount. Following weekend pulled more money out of my account went to another dealer Brown deer sales and drove my new car that same day.

Sleazy

by from Belvidere, IL |

I am very unimpressed with the service I received yesterday (7/22). A very unprofessional looking salesman wearing a Chicago Bulls hat came to "help" me, but was more interested in only meeting my sister. His name was Marlos. He shook her hand and not mine, pulled a chair out for her and not me and at one point mumbled something about her eyes and her being a "pretty little lady". I was the one looking for a car and was barely acknowledged! I also don't think he liked the fact that I was only looking to spend $10,000. I was looking to trade in my truck too. He came outside to look at it and just kind of snickered and took down some notes. Luckily, my fiancÚ and friend came back from looking around and got us to leave before we went further with anything. Overall, my impression of the salesman was sleazy and the overall atmosphere, etc. was just okay.

First time buyer at Speedway Auto Mall

by from Machesney Park, Il. |

My wife and I were looking for a car and we heard good things about Speedway Auto Mall from where she works. We stopped out there and was introduced to Ryan Smith who preceded to help us in any way we needed even letting us test drive different vehicles that day. My wife fell in love with one car and Ryan made it happen with a great deal and very low interest rate. After having a couple things fixed on the car my wife is now driving this vehicle and loving it. Thanks to Grant in service for everything he has done for us prior to ownership of this vehicle. We will come back to JR and Speedway Auto Mall again and will tell people about our great experience there.

Nice Showroom, Poor Salesmanship

by from Rockford, IL |

It looks impressive from he outside, and the show room was slick, clean and shiny. And perhaps if I was willing to spend more money and agree to a financing the purchase of a car, I may have been more satisfied. But the impression I got was that they were not interested in selling to anyone who preferred to business 'cash in hand'. I was told that they had nothing I would be interested in unless I was able to finance with a minimum monthly payment of $200.00. I was under the impression that they had cars available in all price ranges, which, clearly, is not the case. Very disappointing.

Good customer service

by from Loves Park, IL |

I had a decent overall experience here, and the sales team was very good, I just ended up finding a newer car from a different dealership in Chicago for the money I was willing to spend. No pressure sales was very nice for a change!

love the dealership...not the salesman

by from Rockford, IL |

I love the dealership. I have been there several times. However the last salesman I had seemed more interested in my wife than selling us a car. Brian Wruck was rude and disrespectful. Everytime I looked at him it looked as if he was staring and a different part of my wife. Dont let this fool you. The other salesmen have always been extremely helpful and the dealership overall is high quality.

Never heard back

by from Willowbrook, IL |

I submitted a simple request for information and never heard back. Clearly wasn't worth the time to type the e-mail which is disappointing.

Deb Boyden

by from Rockford |

Deb Boyden was a great person to work with.she explained every thing about the car we purchased.listened to our needs.saved us money too.gave us her home phone.for any issues that could happen.set us up with service.and got us a loner car.she also sent paid for a free oil change.sent us a letter when it was time .we were referred to her.and are glad we were.