128 Volvo Saab

Service 877-809-8024

The Volvo Giant!

Good Selection, No Shenanigans

by from Freeport ME |

I'm posting this review to balance out some of the nasty ones (shown below). This dealer has a good selection of used Volvos, and I drove down from Maine because they're too scarce up here. They wanted a little more than book for the Volvo and offered me less than book for my old car, but -- so what? I couldn't find what I wanted without travelling 100 miles, and I didn't want to mess with selling my old car to squeeze a few hundred dollars out of it. That's the way the market works. The price and mileage were advertised correctly; no dirty tricks. I financed through the dealer and everything went smoothly. After we signed they had a body shop work out a dent, and the quality of the repair was very good. They delivered the car to Maine and picked up my trade, saving me another 200-mile round trip. Yes, like most dealers, they'll ask if you're ready to buy before they get serious. The price is listed on the internet, you can comparison shop up to 500 miles if you want, but they want the advertised price for used cars. Selection is very good, dealer's practices are ethical and businesslike, but (unlike Oprah) they won't give you a free car. Can't imagine why these earlier reviewers were so unfavorable.

Internet Communication

by from Somerville |

Today is May 12, 2014. Called to see about a vehicle, and spoke with Bob (their online salesman) about coming to see a vehicle. We confirmed a time to come down. I had given him my contact information. After arrival, he comes out to tell me he has sold the car. 2014, email??? We talked on the phone??? Really, you could have saved me from sitting in traffic after work. Nice work guys. Nice work.... Poor quality service.

128 Volvo Saab responded to this review

May 13, 2014

Sorry about that, Tim, but 20 minutes before you were scheduled to arrive at our dealership another customer looked at the Subaru and agreed to buy it. Unfortunately those things happen in the car business. Let me know if there is any way I can make this up to you. You lost the car and I lost a sale.

Great to work with

by from Hollis, NH |

Bob the internet guy at 128 exceeded my expectation! Not only met my price but did a great job preping the car and orienting my wife to the features. Even put a bow on the car as it was a present to my wife. Highly recommend.....

Very accomodating

by from Boston ma |

Bought car. Very smooth process, low pressure. Had a minor paperwork problem on my end, not theirs, and they solved it for me.

Steve Gregory

by from Newton MA |

I just completed a transaction with Steve Gregory, purchasing a beautiful 2012 Volvo C70 convertible. The sales process was pleasant and equitable. I highly recommend Steve and 128 Volvo for late model pre-owned Volvos.

dishonest and disrespectful

by from Hubbardston, MA |

I typically don?t review things online unless they are excellent or terrible. At 54 years old, I had the worst car buying experience of my life at 128 Volvo. I recommend that you stay away from them; we were treated dishonestly and disrespectfully. I was working with them because my credit union had an Autoadvisor who had a relationship with certain dealers where I was supposed to be treated well and get a fair price. I was buying a 2012 Volvo C-70 and drove similar cars at 3 different dealerships and also spoke to a couple of other dealers. I met with the salesperson at 128 Volvo along with my autoadvisor and the salesperson was very accommodating. We drove a car that I liked. He insisted that he would not be beaten on price and made every indication he would give me the best price because he had to keep the Autoadvisor happy. I spoke with him through the next week and told him that I had another dealer whose price was lower; he insisted over and over not to worry he promised that he would not be beaten on price and we arranged for us to pick up the car on Saturday. He did not state a bottom line price, but indicated that he had room to move down on the price and that when we came in with our checkbook and it being the end of the month that we would be treated well. We gave him a credit card for a deposit. He said to bring our plates and we could drive home in the car. We did not bring the autoadvisor on this appointment because he had another appointment. Both he and the salesperson said we would be treated well and that the autoadvisor was not needed. The dealership was almost an hour and a half away and the salesperson knew we had to drive that far. When we arrived at the dealer I asked for him to take 450.00 off of the asking price and throw in a 450 accessory. He spoke to his sales manager and said he would take the 450 off but not throw in the accessory. I asked if he could cut another 200 off and he went to talk to the manger. He came back saying sometimes deals could not be done and they were losing too much money. We said ok, we will buy it for the 450 off. He said no, I never said that you could have it for 450 off (though it was written down clearly). When we protested, he admitted that he had offered it for the 450 off but his manager had made a mistake and that the price now was the original asking price without the 450 discount. I reminded him that he had told me multiple times ? I promise we won?t be beaten on Price?; he said sometimes it can?t be done. I said I had another dealer offering a similar car for 450 less, and he said ?go call her?. He was rude, and abrupt. We called the other dealer who was glad to give us a price 450 lower than 128 Volvo. We were horrified that he removed a deal from the table after offering it and he treated us disrespectfully and dishonestly. I would never consider going to this dealership now, even if their price was lower. If we treated that badly before the sale, just imagine how they treat customers after the sale!

Very good experience overall

by from Cambridge, MA |

Bought a 2012 used car last week and had a very good experience overall. Bob was very helpful and pretty straightforward when negotiating the price. It probably helped that I had done a lot of research in advance and knew what was fair and what was not. The car was delivered on the agreed day, even though we had 1-2 days of delay with the paperwork. They installed heated front seats which work fine and are up to our expectations. It is a little far away if you live in Boston/Cambridge (25 minutes drive), but not as far as other Volvo dealers. Only reason why I don't give it 5 stars is that when we drove-off the dealership the car had about 150 extra miles on, compared with what it had when we test-drove it and made a deposit. No one said anything about it, and we realized this after we left the dealership. Maybe there was a good reason for the trip, but we weren't told anything. Not a deal-breaker, just not 5 stars customer service. I overall recommend the dealership and Bob in particular, but as with any car purchase anywhere in the world, do your homework before visiting!

Great poeple and AWESOME experience!!!

by from Wellesley, MA |

I just bought a used 2010 Volvo XC90 from Bob at 128 Volvo and had a great experience! It was an easy, no pressure deal and I am very happy with the car and the service I got. I intend to go back the next time we are in the market for a car and will refer everyone to both the dealer and the salesperson, Bob Van Wert. I actually had fun buying a car!

THE BEST

by from Lynnfield MA |

The Best car buying experience ever....bought an XC90 from Tom, could not have been more considerate & knowledgeable....none of that typical car dealer stuff...up-front, fair pricing and the entire process was handled without a missed step...promises kept and on time...very happy with my new Volvo from 128.

Happy Volvo Buyer

by from W Peabody MA |

Purchased a 2013 S60 from Dave Lombardi...beyond pleased with their level of service & pricing....relaxed atmosphere / experienced staff, very attentive to my needs in a new car....highly recommend purchasing from 128...

purchased xc 60 from tom randele

by from winthrop ma |

great experence tom is a great sale person his product knowledge is right their !!!! explain all the features and benfits of the xc60 . he answer all my questions !!! the process in making the purchased was hassel free . the delivery of my new car was flawless !!! i would recommmend 128 volvo and tom to any of my friends and family !!!!