Lithia Reno Subaru

Used 866-880-2252
Service 888-842-6306

my experience

by from reno nv |

It was a great experience buying from Lithia subaru. I have bought several cars before and feel they did an excellent job in helping me purchase the car of my choice. They did not try to sell me something I didn't want.

False advertising of used vehicles

by from South Lake Tahoe, CA |

The vehicle I went to the dealership to test drive was a hoax just to get me to show up at the dealer. The listed Audi A4 was either long gone or fake altogether. I was in email correspondence for two weeks with the dealer, and on the day I scheduled a test drive they said they had a blue, automatic Audi A4 (the listing said it was a white, manual) which already should have been a red flag.

First car; terrible experience

by from Reno, Nevada |

I took the car I was interested in to a mechanic, and the salesman I was with lost his temper, so we actually could not get an inspection done completely on the car. The mechanic was a very nice person, and did not charge me, but did inform me that the brake rotors needed to be machined down as they are warped. The salesman assured me he would take care of that, apologized for his behavior, and the dealership with top of the line mechanics would finish a thorough inspection of the car. I informed the salesman on that on the test drive it was pulling pretty drastically to the right, and that it would need an alignment. I finalized payment for my car on a Wednesday, at around 12 noon, and I know it was around this time because I have class at 1 pm and I am not late and dont miss class. I paid the full amount upfront, and asked that an alignment also get done with the brake rotors. The salesman told me it would be possible, but because of this "extra work" (he tried convincing me cars are supposed to pull to the right, in case you fall asleep on the road), I would not be able to get the car that day, and worst case scenario, I would have it the next day at around noon. I wait until Thursday afternoon, call, and the salesman tells me that they just finished the rotors, and are putting it on the alignment machine right now, and will detail it afterward. SO, my car will not be ready until the end of the day, worst case scenario (again), tomorrow, Friday, at noon. I call back at around 3, no one gave me a straight answer, and my call was dropped, so I decided to wait again until Friday. I call Friday morning, and they tell me that at around 2:30 or 3:00 the car will be done. When I go to pick up the car at around 2:45pm - 2:50pm, it still is not ready, and I had to wait about 5 or 10 minutes. My salesman came up and told me he had to go out back and wash some windows himself to finish it on time. When I got inside to drive it home and fiddle with the radio and whatnot, I noticed that a few spots had not been cleaned at all, and when I opened the cupholders (a cover goes over them) a TON of dirty water/solution had spilled inside of them, and nobody had bothered to clean it out. After noticing this and all the other small buttons and corners they had not cleaned, I was a bit disappointed, considering it took about 3 days just to detail this car. On the drive home, I notice the car still pulls slightly to the right, the wheels squeak, and the car pulls harder to the right when I brake. To top this all off, I had to stop by a gas station almost immediately, because the dealership gave the car with a tank on Empty. Thank you again for the experience Subaru, it has been one of a kind; a magical adventure I will be retelling for years to come.

September 18, 2014

David, I am sorry that you had a less then satisfactory experience. We had hoped that with a re-detail and looking at your breaks this would have made a difference in your experience. Sincerely, Randy Goldman, General Manager

Watch Service Advisor carefully

by from Truckee, CA |

Went in to Lithia Subaru Reno for 37,500 miles service. Should cost about $200 Got a "premium" 30,000 service (which has already been done by another Dealer in California for $600) for $1200. Should have been there 2 hours, was there 7.5 hours. Did I sign the authorization. Unfortunately, yes. Did I see the total before I signed it, stupidly, no. Did i get a copy of the estimate offered to me, no. Guess not required in Nevada like it is in California. Would i ever go there again. No. Would I ever recommend anyone to there. No. Do I like my Subaru, yes. Great car.

July 9, 2014

Hello, We are sorry for any confusion. We performed a "Premium" 30,000 mile service on your vehicle, not the basic package. Additional work was shown and approved prior to the servicing being done. We would be happy to email you the Maintenance Report and the Estimate that was written up when you approved the service.

Outstanding Buying Experience and Customer Service

by from Sparks, NV |

Visited Reno Lithia Subaru after seeing and online ad. The salesman, Plamer Potwin, was very professional, courteous and extremely helpful and we made the vehicle purchase that very night. This was a used 2005 Nissan Frontier. The vehicle was sold "As Is" and we agreed to the condition as sold. Palmer called the next morning and said they had noticed some things that they were not satisfied with and were going to repair and make right. He said they felt it was the right thing to do. They then went through the truck again thoroughly and even decided that it should have new tires even though the ones that were on it were still fine for awhile. "As Is" was not good enough for this dealer, which is very rare in my 35 years of car buying experience. Not only did this dealer and Palmer Potwin not hard sell any additional programs, they went above and beyond to make this a "feel great" transaction. I would recommend Reno Lithia Subaru and Palmer to anyone looking for a new or used vehicle. Thank you all at the dealership who went the extra mile.

Pleasantly Surprised

by from Reno, NV |

I made an appointment to see Paul and was immediately handed off to Jesse. I didn't mind, Jesse knows the business well and made the process as painless as could be. We settled on a great price with little to no negotiations. Everything progressed in a timely fashion and within several hours i was out the door in my new car. I could not have been happier with my experience at Lithia Subaru Reno. I will definitely be referring friends/family here in the future. Thanks again to Jesse and Randy.

Pleasant...at first

by from Reno, NV |

As a new customer to Lithia Subaru I had an experience that was pleasant at first but later became dissapointing and unsatisfactory from a customer service stand point. The sales associate that assisted myself, my wife and her parents was very professional and assisted us in finding the right vehicle. The dissapointing part came when after being at the dealership for over three hours (3:30pm) we had signed all the paperwork. We were told it would take an hour to have the car detailed and smogged. We walked around the dealership area for the next hour. At 4:30 the salesman that helped us called and said the smog guy had left for the day and that our car wouldnt be ready till 1pm the next day! What kind of business that stays open till 8pm sends their apparently "only" smog tech home at 4:30 when the business hours are till 8pm?! We spoke with a night manager who told us the car would be detailed tonight and be smogged first thing in the morning. Now my wife and I will have to alter holiday weekend plans and spend more time sitting at the dealership waiting. Needless to say our first experience at Lithia Subaru has been frustrating and dissapointing, especially considering that we put a down payment of over 25% of the cost of the vehicle. We expected to be treated better than the salesman changing his tune the moment we sign the paperwork and having to track down a manager to get things done. I am not very hopeful our car will be ready as the manager said as our experience shows us honesty lasts until money is exchanges hands. Hopefully this is a one time occurence, we are a big fan of Subaru and want to continue coming to a local dealer.

No Response = Sad

by from Richland, WA |

Actually, the dealership never contacted me back, so I can't say much of anything except that they apparently didn't want my business. Even if the car was already sold, one would think they would at least shoot me an email saying so with some other possible vehicles from their inventory in case I might see something else I like.

July 3, 2013

Hello Susan, We are sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. We strive to provide each customer with an outstanding customer experience and we are sorry we did not do so in your case. We would like to have more information so we can work on improving our process. Please contact me at (775) 284-8000. Sincerely, Randy Goldman, General Manager

Great customer service

by from Reno, nv |

Great customer service (Scott). The service was a little pricey, but well worth the cost. They completed the work without adding any further charges, but they took a little longer than they should have which got me a discount. My car is running like new at 60k.

Crooks - don't get taken!

by from Reno |

They sell you a car with a supposed used car warranty, agree to make a repair to the car in the agreement to purchase. They don't make the repair and refuse to honor the warranty after the car is purchased. They refuse to return phone calls and refuse to repair the car.

July 9, 2012

I have read your review and I am sorry to hear that you have not been satisfied with your experience at our dealership. The situation you describe does not live up to our standards of customer service, so I apologize. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you directly so that I may learn the details of your situation and work with you on a resolution. Please contact me at your convenience. Thank you, Randy Goldman - General Manager (775) 825-8474 RGoldman@lithia.com

Lythia, a credit to Reno!

by from Reno ,Nevada |

From the time I drove onto the Lithia property I was treated with courtesy and warmth on a very cold day. I was test driving the Veloster that I ended up buying within 6 minutes. This was my 9th and final visit to a Reno or Carson City dealership in a month and half. It was also the most and rewarding. I had been to every other American,Japanese,European,and Koren car represenitive in the area. After test driving, sometimes twice, all cars that intersted me,my Lithia experience was only second to the car itself, The Veloster! Patience,an impressive tech.knowlege and Christina's extreme willingness to help even in the smallest way to facilitate the sale,was a welcome change. Another thing,though small, was the casual and kind way I was delt with by Christina. She lacked the testastrone edged attidude I had experience previously. The dealership overall was even superior to even Lexus(which I saved over $14k on their h model) The presentation of product,Pleasentness of every person I met,cleaness of facility as a whole made a very positive experience for me. I belive that my total time at the location was less than 3 hrs. Amazing because I was almost convinced on another car. I have been by several times since I drove THE VELOSTER off the lot and each time I was treated as a family member. This has been the best purchasing experience of My 63 years.(I am aware that I am very demanding, and go into each purchase well prepared) I give the experience two thumbs up because I only have two thumbs. I have already given out 5 business cards of Christina Baker. Bravo LITHIA!!!