Lithia Reno Subaru

Used 866-880-2252
Service 888-842-6306

my experience

by from reno nv |

It was a great experience buying from Lithia subaru. I have bought several cars before and feel they did an excellent job in helping me purchase the car of my choice. They did not try to sell me something I didn't want.

Watch Service Advisor carefully

by from Truckee, CA |

Went in to Lithia Subaru Reno for 37,500 miles service. Should cost about $200 Got a "premium" 30,000 service (which has already been done by another Dealer in California for $600) for $1200. Should have been there 2 hours, was there 7.5 hours. Did I sign the authorization. Unfortunately, yes. Did I see the total before I signed it, stupidly, no. Did i get a copy of the estimate offered to me, no. Guess not required in Nevada like it is in California. Would i ever go there again. No. Would I ever recommend anyone to there. No. Do I like my Subaru, yes. Great car.

July 9, 2014

Hello, We are sorry for any confusion. We performed a "Premium" 30,000 mile service on your vehicle, not the basic package. Additional work was shown and approved prior to the servicing being done. We would be happy to email you the Maintenance Report and the Estimate that was written up when you approved the service.

Outstanding Buying Experience and Customer Service

by from Sparks, NV |

Visited Reno Lithia Subaru after seeing and online ad. The salesman, Plamer Potwin, was very professional, courteous and extremely helpful and we made the vehicle purchase that very night. This was a used 2005 Nissan Frontier. The vehicle was sold "As Is" and we agreed to the condition as sold. Palmer called the next morning and said they had noticed some things that they were not satisfied with and were going to repair and make right. He said they felt it was the right thing to do. They then went through the truck again thoroughly and even decided that it should have new tires even though the ones that were on it were still fine for awhile. "As Is" was not good enough for this dealer, which is very rare in my 35 years of car buying experience. Not only did this dealer and Palmer Potwin not hard sell any additional programs, they went above and beyond to make this a "feel great" transaction. I would recommend Reno Lithia Subaru and Palmer to anyone looking for a new or used vehicle. Thank you all at the dealership who went the extra mile.

Pleasantly Surprised

by from Reno, NV |

I made an appointment to see Paul and was immediately handed off to Jesse. I didn't mind, Jesse knows the business well and made the process as painless as could be. We settled on a great price with little to no negotiations. Everything progressed in a timely fashion and within several hours i was out the door in my new car. I could not have been happier with my experience at Lithia Subaru Reno. I will definitely be referring friends/family here in the future. Thanks again to Jesse and Randy.

Pleasant...at first

by from Reno, NV |

As a new customer to Lithia Subaru I had an experience that was pleasant at first but later became dissapointing and unsatisfactory from a customer service stand point. The sales associate that assisted myself, my wife and her parents was very professional and assisted us in finding the right vehicle. The dissapointing part came when after being at the dealership for over three hours (3:30pm) we had signed all the paperwork. We were told it would take an hour to have the car detailed and smogged. We walked around the dealership area for the next hour. At 4:30 the salesman that helped us called and said the smog guy had left for the day and that our car wouldnt be ready till 1pm the next day! What kind of business that stays open till 8pm sends their apparently "only" smog tech home at 4:30 when the business hours are till 8pm?! We spoke with a night manager who told us the car would be detailed tonight and be smogged first thing in the morning. Now my wife and I will have to alter holiday weekend plans and spend more time sitting at the dealership waiting. Needless to say our first experience at Lithia Subaru has been frustrating and dissapointing, especially considering that we put a down payment of over 25% of the cost of the vehicle. We expected to be treated better than the salesman changing his tune the moment we sign the paperwork and having to track down a manager to get things done. I am not very hopeful our car will be ready as the manager said as our experience shows us honesty lasts until money is exchanges hands. Hopefully this is a one time occurence, we are a big fan of Subaru and want to continue coming to a local dealer.

No Response = Sad

by from Richland, WA |

Actually, the dealership never contacted me back, so I can't say much of anything except that they apparently didn't want my business. Even if the car was already sold, one would think they would at least shoot me an email saying so with some other possible vehicles from their inventory in case I might see something else I like.

July 3, 2013

Hello Susan, We are sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. We strive to provide each customer with an outstanding customer experience and we are sorry we did not do so in your case. We would like to have more information so we can work on improving our process. Please contact me at (775) 284-8000. Sincerely, Randy Goldman, General Manager

Great customer service

by from Reno, nv |

Great customer service (Scott). The service was a little pricey, but well worth the cost. They completed the work without adding any further charges, but they took a little longer than they should have which got me a discount. My car is running like new at 60k.

Crooks - don't get taken!

by from Reno |

They sell you a car with a supposed used car warranty, agree to make a repair to the car in the agreement to purchase. They don't make the repair and refuse to honor the warranty after the car is purchased. They refuse to return phone calls and refuse to repair the car.

July 9, 2012

I have read your review and I am sorry to hear that you have not been satisfied with your experience at our dealership. The situation you describe does not live up to our standards of customer service, so I apologize. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you directly so that I may learn the details of your situation and work with you on a resolution. Please contact me at your convenience. Thank you, Randy Goldman - General Manager (775) 825-8474 RGoldman@lithia.com

Lythia, a credit to Reno!

by from Reno ,Nevada |

From the time I drove onto the Lithia property I was treated with courtesy and warmth on a very cold day. I was test driving the Veloster that I ended up buying within 6 minutes. This was my 9th and final visit to a Reno or Carson City dealership in a month and half. It was also the most and rewarding. I had been to every other American,Japanese,European,and Koren car represenitive in the area. After test driving, sometimes twice, all cars that intersted me,my Lithia experience was only second to the car itself, The Veloster! Patience,an impressive tech.knowlege and Christina's extreme willingness to help even in the smallest way to facilitate the sale,was a welcome change. Another thing,though small, was the casual and kind way I was delt with by Christina. She lacked the testastrone edged attidude I had experience previously. The dealership overall was even superior to even Lexus(which I saved over $14k on their h model) The presentation of product,Pleasentness of every person I met,cleaness of facility as a whole made a very positive experience for me. I belive that my total time at the location was less than 3 hrs. Amazing because I was almost convinced on another car. I have been by several times since I drove THE VELOSTER off the lot and each time I was treated as a family member. This has been the best purchasing experience of My 63 years.(I am aware that I am very demanding, and go into each purchase well prepared) I give the experience two thumbs up because I only have two thumbs. I have already given out 5 business cards of Christina Baker. Bravo LITHIA!!!

The salesman pushed the sale

by from Reno |

I am happy with the car but the change atomsphere durung the sale changd when I said no to extended reapir and oil change. They are friendly when it is going their way. The car had not had a smog test when I went to the DMV I had to come back and have it smogged then back to DMV, the salesman did nnot do his job after the sale...

January 1, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am sorry to hear that the transaction did not go as smoothly as it could have and I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced as a result. If you have any further details you would like to share, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at RGoldman@lithia.com. Thank you again for your feedback, Randy Goldman, General Manager

It was an OK experience

by from Reno |

Somewhat pushy when the finances were haggled. My budget was not as important to them. The car is great but the buying could have been more pleasant. Fake friendly salesman who I did not care for.His attention to detail not good. I paid for a smog but got to DMV and was told to go and smog the car.It was smogged 3 months ago. I had to go back and have service do a smog. The repair people were fast and awesome.