Charles Barker Toyota Scion

1877 Laskin Rd, Virginia Beach, VA 23454

New 888-339-2830 New888-339-2830
Used 888-339-2843 Used888-339-2843
Service 888-339-3470 Service 888-339-3470

Delivering Great Car Buying and Service Experiences Everyday!

Toyota Camry XLE purchase

by from Virginia Beach VA |

I just purchased my new Toyota Camry XLE at Charles Barker Toyota after buying at Priority and Checkered Flag previously and Charles Barker was the best by far the sales representative was friendly and professional and I got the best deal ever thank you so much Josh Dail.

Toyota Corolla purchased as Charles Barker

by from Virginia Beach |

I had a wonderful experience at Charles Barker Toyota in Virginia Beach. My sales representative, Ray Aiden, was extremely helpful and friendly from the time I walked in the door to driving off the lot. I highly recommend purchasing a vehicle from this dealership and from Ray Aiden. You will not be disappointed!!

Great Customer service great price

by from Va Beach, VA |

My wife and I were looking for a specific vehicle that Charles Barker was able to find. The visit to the dealership went so smooth and easy we were thankful that we had made the decision to contact CB. Ray Aiden was our professional that led us through the easy purchase process. We can't say enough about Ray's assistance and his knowledge of the Highlander we purchased. He made the buying process so enjoyable with no pressure just clear information, great customer service and a great price. We would highly recommend Ray to anyone looking for a true professional that makes the car buying process easy and enjoyable. The Finance Manager, Chris Hilliker was also great to work with. He was able to get our financing done fast, and at a great rate. He even stayed late to get the job done,. We are now "Driving with Charlie" and couldn't be more happy with his Team!

New Car Purchased

by from Virginia Beach, Virginia |

They are a very excellent dealership. My salesman Mike Manalo was very polite and professional. I would recommend Mike to any of my friends and family to use Mike or any other salesman. Everyone is polite and nice to deal with. And I have my second Toyota and I love them.

Overseas vehicle purchase

by from Okinawa, Japan |

Charles Barker Toyota sales representative, Janeda Testa has been helping me with the purchase of a 2015 Scion tC release series 9.0. I am currently stationed in Okinawa, Japan and I'll be moving to the Virginia Beach area soon. I could not have asked for a better person to assist with what was required for me to get that vehicle. Her professionalism, knowledge, and understanding made it possible for the sales transaction go as smooth as it possibly could. Should anyone I know move to the Virginia Beach area, I will certainly suggest Janeda by name.

Terrible Customer Service

by from Virginia Beach, VA |

I was looking for a pretty specific trim on a used Toyota Sienna and found what I was looking for at the Charles Barker used car lot. I had narrowed it down to the Sienna and a different vehicle on another lot. After I looked at both cars, I called my salesman at Charles Barker the next morning and told him that I wanted the Sienna but was so busy at work that I couldn't get away that day. I offered to give him a credit card to hold the car until the following day since I knew I wanted it. He turned down the credit card but said that he would hold it for the day and just to call the next morning and let me know when I would be coming. I called the following morning to let him know I was on my way and he told me the car had sold the night before. He said that there was nothing he could do, the car had been sold after he left, and that the lot worked on a "first come, first served' basis. Had he told me that the morning before, I would have figured out a way to get them a check for the car. All he did was offer empty apologies, say that he was new and that there was nothing he could have done. I spoke to the used car manager and got the same treatment. Empty apologies, no offer to help me find a comparable van, and didn't even take responsibility for having trained his salesman so poorly that I was given misinformation. Such a shady way to do business and a horrible was to treat a customer. These are the kind of dealerships that give the used car business a bad reputation.

Bad Customer Service

by from Columbia, SC |

I was trying to buy a truck last week. Sales person returned my call quick but didn't get the3 requested pictures back. I am 500 miles away and wanted info on a shipping company. They gave company, but would not assist with anything. Sales person did not understand that the out of state registering, and wanted to charge me their fees. I was also told, "we don't like people paying cash for a vehicle, we prefer to finance it". A very large employer in the area warns their new employees to steer clear of there.

RIP OFF SERVICES

by from Virginia Beach |

Took my vehicle for services and noticed that the job was 1/2 done, so I refuse acceptance. Guess what, the next day, they lost the keys to my vehicle and gave me plenty of lip services. Took my vehicle to Firestone on General Booth and they fixed what CB Jacked up or couldn't do. Lesson learn for all you young Military Folks stationed @ Oceana and little creek, take it from a seasoned Sailor, stay away from this place. You've been warned.

Fantastic!

by from Virginia Beach, VA |

Best car-buying experience ever. I found our potential car online, contacted the dealership and received a quick response. John Smith was pleasant and understood that I was not available by phone (I'm a teacher) and communicated by email. He had the car ready for me to test drive at the time I requested- luckily i was able to push that time up an hour, bec ause someone else was in the dealership sniffing around at MY CAR. John allowed me to direct the line of questioning, no pressure, no hard-sell. They were able to find suitable financing for us despite credit issues on my record, and john even had it detailed and the tank filled by the time I was ready to drive off the lot. I think this is the beginning of a long and beautiful relationship with a car dealership. I have never had such a pleasant experience purchasing a car.

Excellant dealer

by from Hampton, Virginia |

I went to Charles Barker Toyota after searching for a 2012 Tacaoma. I had purchased a Tacoma from the back in 95 and I was ready to replace it. I was contacted by Lacy Brown and she gave me a starting price to work with. She told me to contact her if I had any other questions. When I finished my research on prices I contacted her. She was the only one that did not hound me with e-mails or phonee calls about buying a truck. the service and buying process was extremely smooth with no hassles. I drove 45 miles to make a deal with them and would do it again!