Peninsula Honda

4115 W Mercury Blvd, Hampton, VA 23666

Used 757-827-4783

Bad Experience with Service Center

by from Newport News VA |

I knew my starter was going bad on my 2005 Honda Odys and dropped it off for service. It was important to get it in for service before it stopped working and then I would be stuck paying for a tow. I dropped it off and received a phone call from the service department that it was the battery. I found this odd since the battery seems to be functioning perfectly and was just over a year old. They replaced the battery and I picked it up a few days later. Two days later the van will not start and stuck in my driveway, everything powers on but it will not turn over, I am certain it is the starter. I was charged a diagnostic fee at the dealership and purchased a battery. Now, I will have to have it towed to fix the part that I knew was the issue. I called Priority Honda and told too bad, the machine is 100% accurate and the starter has now gone bad, tow it to us and we will take a look. Where in the world is the customer service? I was hoping for a free tow or at least a refund on the diagnosis that is dead wrong. MAN vs MACHINE....let's take a look.....after years of driving I recognized the signs and sounds of a bad starter, if we had gone with what I had suggested I would have a perfectly running vehicle this morning. Instead, I am out a few hundred dollars, have to pay for a tow, and have a new battery that I did not really need and a dead starter. Yet, the Priority Honda machine is 100% accurate. Wow! If you want to lose a customer over a few hundred dollars with bad customer service included, so be it! Stephen Copeland

Not a good experience

by from Hampton,Va |

I am not very happy with peninsula honda. First off starting back when we brought our car the lady doing the paper work tried to charge us more then the advertised price. When we pointed it out she moved some numbers around but the price still equaled the same over priced amount. I felt like she was trying to take advantage of us because we were a young couple buying our first car and to add to the stress we had our one year old son with us. It was a very fustrating experience. We purchased the Auto Butler and we were informed we would get free inspections for life. They said they would send us a card in the mail for both. (auto bulter 2x a year and inspections once a year) well I've only recieced 2 auto butler cards in almost 2 years and never recieved one for an inspection. About 6 months after we purchased our new car it was stolen and when the police recovered our car I called peninsula honda to get it inspected I was told they would NOT do it unless we paid them. (even though I was supposed to have free inspections for life) so I took it to Joe's auto instead (they are faster and cheaper..and do a good job)....that was a year ago I just realized my inspection sticker expires this month so we called and made an appointment for today to get the auto butler and inspection done. My husband dropped the car off this morning at 5a.m. on his way to work then picked it up around 4 p.m. we were informed that the car needed a tire and wiper blades in order to pass inspection, so then my husband took our car to get a new tire and wiper blades and brought our car back at 5:05 p.m. at first he was told that all the inspectors had left already(even though he was told over the phone he had untill 6) but they checked and one was still in the back. This is the part that finalized our choice to never purchase a vehicle from Peninsula Honda ever again, after the re-inspection my husband noticed that something was stolen out of our vehicle (what was stolen was not of much value but it's the principle).We shouldn't have to worry about the contents of our vehicle when we take it to the dealership for any sort of work. I also posted this on their facebook page, the very next morning their Internet Manager contacted my husband to "discuss" the issues in our post and said they would be back in touch in a few days. They deleted our post from facebook as an attempt to hide our unpleasent experience. People deserve to know what type our employment is being allowed at Peninsula Honda, Hampton Va.

Really Impressed

by from Newport News, VA |

I am really impressed with the service that I have received.

Happily surprised

by from Newport News, VA |

I took my Honda Accord into Peninsula Honda for a repair on another dealer's recommendation (the other dealership was not equipped to work on Honda cars.) I thought that I would be at the dealership all morning, without my car all day, and would need to take advantage of their shuttle service to get to work on time. I sat and waited, when not long they told me that I could forgo taking the shuttle to work and if I could wait 15 more minutes they would have my car done for me. Less than 15 minutes later, I had my car back and was on my way to work, with time to stop for coffee. I would take my car back to Peninsula Honda! I have been a lifelong Honda owner and this was the best Honda experience.

Our Van Purchase

by from Langley AFB - Hampton, VA |

I wanted to compliment your dealership with the speed and accuracy that you have handled our van purchase. It was a refreshing change from the normal junk you have to deal with when buying a car. Lots of things that "pop up" at the end of your purchase We dealt with a Travis and Joe (come to find out ya'll have lots of "Joe's", I'm not sure which one) Lot's of knowledge on their product and EVERY question was answered with patience and clarity. As for your staff in the finance department (dealt with a female, didn't get her name) One word....WOW! Totally professional and quick. We really appreciated the extra care that she put into this process. She took the time to explain details. I felt like somebody was actually looking out for our best interest. Overall, you have an outstanding staff. If I had to find any complaint, I would say that you need to have more complimentary snacks/drinks in the waiting room. Please pass this along as well, we have been been faithful Honda owners for over 20 years. I wish Honda offered a "repeat buyer" program as the GMAC does.

Salesman

by from Fairlawn, VA |

Back in the summer we dealt with Richard Jones. We didn't end up buying a car from you, but I just wanted to let you know how much we liked him and his easy-going style. Thank you.

Service Department

by from Bena, VA |

I was in for vehicle maintenance on Friday, June 29. My service advisor was Chris Spracklin. I wanted to leave a message with the service department on how well I was treated by Mr. Spracklin. I was on my way to a doctor's appointment and when asked if my car would be finished in time, I was told it would be, and it was. I was in a medical boot due to recent surgery, and Mr. Spacklin had my car driven back in to the service drop off area, so I would not have to walk far. My vehicle needs some further maintenance, and it was all explained and written into the notes for me. I realize that usually it is poor service that is brought to the attention of a business, so I wanted to say thank you for good service.

Fantastic Service, Again

by from Newport News, VA |

I want to request both Chris Spacklin and Nick Salter at your facility receive a bonus for their repeated exceptional service. In a previous visit, I personally spoke with the manager of Peninsula Honda and stated that Chris's fantastic customer service ensured I will ALWAYS take my car to Peninsula Honda. I have done so since. I took my car there for a new clutch assembly I needed installed. The price was rather high compared to local shops. Chris told me he would talk to his manager, he did, and was able to match the price. Not only that, but the Mechanic - Nick Salter, had my car finished in one day. It's unrealistic these days to find a dealership with this type of attitude and business acumen. I have personally referenced Peninsula Honda as the only Honda dealership, or just dealership alone, that I trust. Please ensure these two are rewarded from all levels of the Honda leadership as their work has a direct impact on the sales at your dealership.