Milam Kars

3933 Benton Rd., Bossier City, LA 71111

Used 877-763-4149

"Get The Best Deal, Without the Ordeal"

I wouldn't know....

by from taylor,ar |

I sent a avalibility request and I got a automated response saying they would contact me but never did! They didn't even let me know if the car was still for sale!

Milam Kars responded to this review

March 13, 2014

Thank you for letting us know about your situation. First, we do NOT use any automated replies. Every emailed is replied to individually by me personally. Second, each email contains our telephone number to contact us, or you can simply reply to our email. Apparently you did neither. Third, we DO call as stated. We will either speak with you or leave a voice message. If you didn't get a message and didn't speak with one of our staff, it is usually because the individual has not yet set up their mailbox and we are unable to leave a message. I do not know what transpired yet, but I will research the matter and find out what happened....as we keep records of all emails and calls. I will reply again once I have completed looking into it. Terry Milam

We actually enjoyed shopping at this car lot!

by from Bossier City, LA |

I went with my daughter to check out a possible replacement for her aging car. We got there and were greeted by a very personable owner (Mr. Thomas Milam). He wasn't pushy or vulture like (daughter's words) like at other places we had been, but seemed genuinely friendly and interested in what she needed. We didn't buy at this time, but got some ideas and some great advice. We will definitely keep checking back until she decides. They even provide free CarFax for all the info needed to decide.

Great service, friendly dealer, awesome cars

by from Louisiana |

When I was living in Bossier, I got a car from Milam Kars a few years back and have been totally happy with it. It runs well in spite of the abuse I give it. Tom Milam is very knowledgeable about cars and I go to him often for help when my wife abuses her car too even though she got hers from out of state! (She has scraped the side of our garage twice so far.) My brother has a car from Milam Kars, my sister has one and I believe one of her sons has a car from there. For me, I would go nowhere else once I am ready for my next car... maybe in a few more years yet.

Rude and not truthful

by from Little Rock, Arkansas |

Spoke to the owner Milam on the phone, as we were shopping on-line from almost 200 miles away. He misrepresented information about the car we wanted, to the point that we drove from Little Rock, Arkansas to Bossier City, Louisiana, and when we got there, the car wouldn't even start!! He jumped the battery, but was not interested in discussing the car any further. When my husband and son were concerned that the dome lights and radio wouldn't work (nobody checked these things!?!), THEY located the loose fuse and put it back in. In test driving the car, it pulled terribly to the right (front end trouble!) and then when we sat down to talk about the deal, Milam couldn't produce paper work for the lifetime warranty on the transmission that he had told us the car had. When we suggested lowering the price of the car $500, based on all the problems we had found and lack of transmission warranty, he blew up and threw us out of his office!! DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS DEALER!!

Milam Kars responded to this review

February 4, 2013

Thank you for reading our response. It is true the vehicle wouldn't start (due to a dead battery) when they arrived. Unfortunately one of our staff left the hood and rear hatch open (for few hours) in anticipation of their arrival, which ran the battery down. The battery has since been charged and no problem has been found. The vehicle has started properly each of the 3 times I checked it this week. The battery has not been replaced, and other than charging the battery back up no work has been performed on this vehicle. As for the transmission warranty, she was told over the phone that we thought it MAY have a lifetime warranty. The same thing she was told when she was here. In fact,it was Mr. Milam's suggestion that we call and verify the warranty, NOT this individual or her husband and son. Unfortunately we were not able to reach anyone at AAMCO Transmissions on this Saturday who could validate the exact warranty. When this individual stated we said it had a lifetime warranty, she was reminded that she was told we thought it MAY have a lifetime warranty. She then replied "what's the difference"? We provide FREE Carfax reports, and this individual came in with that report. The Carfax report does show this vehicle having a rebuilt transmission from AAMCO transmissions and even has a phone number to contact them. We also have 25 photos of this vehicle posted online. As for someone blowing up and throwing her out of the office, that simply did not happen. I was working in another office, when this woman's voice began getting louder and louder, and it became disruptive to me and my work. I then proceeded to the office she was in, and sat down where everyone could see me. She apparently didn't get the message (or didn't care) and continued to almost yell. She was upset that we would not lower the price of the vehicle to meet her demands. After she continued to repeat herself at such a high volume, and wouldn't accept his answer, Mr. Milam simply stated they were through talking. Mr. Milam never stood up or yelled, nor did he throw them out of his office. This woman also failed to tell you that we had already discounted the price $500 and she was informed prior to her trip, that that was our bottom price. She also failed to tell you that we held the vehicle 3 days for her, so she could make the short trip to come see the vehicle. This was done without guarantee of sale or payment. This was done for customer service. As for the other problems mentioned, I am posting a video of what I found when I personally investigated her complaints with the vehicle (including the dome light, radio and pulling "terribly"). You can see for yourself what I found. Once again, thank you for taking the time to read this reply, and I hope you will take time to watch this short video (the link is listed below). Thank you and have a blessed day! Terry, Internet Manager, Milam Kars, Simply copy and paste this address into your browser to see the video.... https://vimeo.com/58587212