Honda of Santa Monica

1720 Santa Monica Blvd, Santa Monica, CA 90404

New 866-298-6911
Used 888-747-1783
Service 888-462-9337

Your Premier Honda destination in Santa Monica!

Appreciation for an efficient sales & finance exp.

by from Sun Valley, CA |

This is a beautiful Honda dealership in Santa Monica. What I really appreciated about my buying experience was the efficiency of the transaction. There's a moment when you find you have learned all you need to know to go forward with a purchase and at that point, you just want to close out the details and get back to your regularly scheduled life. When I reached my decision, I was out of there in less than two hours. Well done Santa Monica Honda, well done.

Same as any other dealer

by from Los Angeles, CA |

I was impressed at first because the people on the phone were very helpful. Bottom line: I hate buying cars and this dealership didn't change my mind on that. My experience: (1) I asked for photos of the Honda Odyssey that I came to see, but they wouldn't send me photos but assured me since it was in Santa Monica that it was a top quality car because its an affluent area. Tail light was broken, hubcaps missing and scratched up inside. I wish they would've told me that before I came down. I'm not making this up. (2)Typical car salesman. Pushy. I didn't exist. Only my wallet. Pushed my concerns aside on the van instead of listening hoping that he could sell me on it. (3) The true price concept that they tout is not true. They will negotiate price with you if you are firm. We started talking about a vehicle and he went back and forth upstairs several times as we haggled over price until I realized this wasn't the right deal for me.

Honda of Santa Monica responded to this review

April 11, 2014

John, We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We're sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the Odyssey that you saw online. It also seems like there is some confusion regarding our sales process and the 'True Price' policy. While we understand that car wasn't right for you we'd love a few minutes of your time to speak directly and see if we can't clarify of sales practices. If you choose to do so, please contact me (the GM) at Andy.Ham@hondaofsantamonica.com or (310) 264-4900 at your nearest convenience. I look forward to speaking with you.

Used car purchase

by from Ogden UT |

Dealer response was prompt and well presented. The vehicle in question eventually failed to pass their inspection criteria and was withdrawn from the sale offer.

Very helpful in location of a used

by from Tehachapi, CA |

Sales rep was very helpful in trying to locate a very specific older jeep. Great followup both by email and phone. Excellent customer care!

car purchase

by from Los Angels |

worst cutomer service...i would not recomend no one to this dealer. they are a theives. Please people don't go there...they will rip you off.

Best service advisor ever - even compared to Lexus

by from Los Angeles, CA |

I always take my 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid to Honda of Santa Monica. I used to take it to another dealer located closer to home, but a few years ago, I decided to try Honda of Santa Monica since it was closer to work. And I'm glad I did. On my most recent visit, I needed a new 12V battery for the HCH. Although AAA jumpstarted it for me in my driveway, they didn't have a replacement in their truck, so I drove the car to Honda of Santa Monica after price-comparing with Pep Boys and AutoZone. With the 15% off coupon that I found on their website, Honda of Santa Monica was very competitive. Mark Uchiyama has been my service advisor there for several years. He is THE BEST! Why do I like him so much? Because he actually CALLS me to tell me when my car is ready (unlike some other service advisors who don't call, and then you have to call them at the end of the day to ask). He is great about advising what service is or is not necessary for your car, and he's very polite. I would give him 5 stars alone. But the service department as a whole deserves some kudos, too. They have a comfortable waiting area with a flat screen TV. And they have a cool coffee machine, which can make you all different types of coffee beverages. And free wifi! If you are in search of a great Honda service experience - I highly recommend Honda of Santa Monica. And ask for Mark - he's great!

Great customer service!

by from Santa Monica CA |

Great customer service. Friendly, polite, patient, and they even helped me find lower insurance quotes for my new vehicle. The only negative part of the experience was that they tried to sneak in a couple of extra features onto my financing deal that wasn't needed. But I understand that they are business trying to make as much profit as possible; it is a car dealership, after all. Buyers simply need to always be aware of what it is they're signing for. I ended up with a great deal and my overall experience was excellent. Highly recommended.

Repair/service

by from los angeles, ca |

Great, fast and nice service. Very busy but everyone was very nice and worked efficiently.

Great Service!

by from Los Angeles, ca |

Great, fast and nice service! The wait isn't too long at all!

Backed Out of Deal After Accepting Offer

by from Vancouver, Canada |

I worked with this dealer over a two week period on the purchase of 2009 ML 320 Mercedes Benz. We reached a deal and the the offer was accepted and the dealer rep Kip indicated that I could proceed with making arrangments for shipping, I provided all my band information to commence the transfer of funds and left at least 6 messages, and talked with staff numerous times and got the complete runa around. I left messages on 4 occasions and was told that I would be called back within hours - and was never called back. After accepting my offer "legally binding verbal contract" they decided to back out as it was too difficult to work through the paper work to import to Canada. I disclosed on my very first phone call and email that I was from Canada. Extremly unprofessional conduct and treatment.