Toyota of Dallas

2610 Forest Lane, Dallas, TX 75234

New 866-636-9553
Used 866-632-6008
Service 855-504-2416

At Toyota of Dallas, we set high standards for our team, and the result is a better service experience for our

06 Toyota Avalon inquiry

by from Sherman. TX |

Sent an online request for information on a 06 Toyota Avalon listed on Cars.com. Didn't get a response until almost two weeks later (after I bought elsewhere). A friend, who lived in Plano, went to the business prior to them calling and found the 06 Avalon didn't have an engine it, which wasn't mentioned in the ad. Even if they had a car I'm interested in buying I won't buy here after this experience. Wasn't going to write a review but after reading some of the others here I thought it might help someone out.

February 14, 2014

Dear Brice, Thanks for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. However, I am deeply sorry to hear about the excessive wait and miscommunication you dealt with during your search for a 2006 Toyota Avalon. If you would please contact me at your earliest convenience at Darren@toyotaofdallas.com, I would love to have the opportunity to gain further insight into your experience and show you my appreciation for taking the time to highlight an area for improvement in our dealership. Darren Dortch, GM

great car, great price!

by from Grand Prairie |

Thanks Toyota of Dallas for putting me in such a great vehicle. They gave my used car an amazing detail job AND a full tank of gas. You'll see me soon when I purchase a minivan for my growing family.

Great Service

by from Dallas, Texas |

I recently came in with my husband and purchased a Pre-Owned vehicle. The salesman, Terry Gay was very helpful & Alexandria Snyder in Fiance helped me with the paperwork process and explained everything very thoroughly. Thank you guys! :-)

5 star service

by from Dallas, Tx |

I had a great experience at Toyota of Dallas. Alexandria Snyder was very helpful and answered all of my financing questions. Will definitely recommend to others!

Blatant liars

by from Dallas, TX |

We found a van at Toyota of Dallas online as we were driving around for the day, so we were unable to access the Carfax for the vehicle we test drove. After asking several times to see the Carfax, they finally produced one with a description that didn't match the vehicle we were interested in. When asked about this, they tried to brush it off and said information had be incorrectly entered. When I compared the VINs, I saw that they had given me a Carfax for a different vehicle. When they finally produced the correct Carfax, nearly 30 minutes later, it had be doctored with key information regarding an accident and airbag deployment suspiciously removed (they whited out the information and then made a copy of the report). They also left out page 4 of 6, where the accident was noted in the report. The sales team at Toyota of Dallas are TAG-TEAM LIARS and they will try to pull one over on you. Don't be fooled!

February 14, 2014

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I take my customers experiences very seriously, and I apologize that you felt you received an inaccurate representation of the vehicle you were interested in. We always want to uphold an honest relationship with our customers and I sincerely apologize that you feel we did not honor that with you. I would like the opportunity to help resolve this situation with you. Please contact me at your earliest convenience at Darren@toyotaofdallas.com. Thank you for providing us with your feedback. I hope that I can work towards restoring your opinion of Toyota of Dallas. Again, I am sorry and hope to hear from you soon. Darren Dortch, GM

Terrible experience!

by from Corinth, tx |

Terrible experience and my vehicle has a lot of problems. Plus sales manager Richard Alvarado was very very rude.. please don't waste your time and money at this place "Toyota of Dallas". after I bought my vehicle I checked their overall rating and their grade is an "F".

February 14, 2014

I am so sorry to hear that you had a poor experience at our dealership. I would very much appreciate some time to talk with you to further learn about your visit and to help restore your faith in Toyota of Dallas. Your business is truly valuable and I would like to regain your loyalty. Please feel free to contact me at Darren@toyotaofdallas.com. Again, I apologize and I hope to hear from you soon. Darren Dortch, GM

Customer experience180

by from NRH, Texas |

I had a less than favorable experience after my purchase at Toyota of Dallas. Why...is not important, but the way it was handled is. I expressed my concern and dissapointment, and was quickly contacted by Darren Dortch. Mr. Dortch expressed a genuine concern with my experience, and quickly made things right. If he said someone was going to call me, someone called within minutes. Mr. Dortch's professionalism and hands on approach to make my experience favorable was refreshing. I would recommend consumers visit Toyota of Dallas.

Have you ever heard of Bait and Switch?

by from Dallas, TX |

I can't even to begin to explain what a horrible experience we had at Toyota of Dallas!! We went over the price of the auto several time we all agreed on the price I even signed the paper with the price we all agreed on. Then we go to the financing department and the price changed they added cost to the bottom line. Honestly probably the most frustrating experince I've had in car buying!! I wish I could get the four and an half hours that I wasted at this dealership back.....what a beating!!

New management not all its cracked up to be

by from Dallas, TX |

My wife and I purchased a Camry in January of 2011. We love the car. However, since buying the car, things have changed with ToD. We quickly realized that the extended warranty "Preferred Plus" was not correctly added to our account at the time of purchase when the purchase documents were entered online. Rather, the "Preferred" plan was entered. This meant that there was no record of our ability to receive general maintenance as a part of our contract. I came into the dealership about 1 year ago with my original paperwork in order for them to correct this mistake. They made copies, apologized, and assured me all was good. I picked up my car from service and was on my way. Recently, I returned to dealership, and my experience couldn't have been worse. When I turned in my car for maintenance and an oil change, I was informed that the maintenance was not covered. The tech kindly explained that I needed to speak with the finance department to rectify the issue. Of course, since I had already addressed this, I knew immediately what I needed to do. I walked into the showroom and met one of the finance managers. He informed me that, I "must have been mistaken" and that I did not get that type of warranty. Unfortunately, he didn't take the time or effort to listen to me when I was stating that I did get the service, and it was not entered in correctly. He was condescending at best. He told me that unless I got the paperwork to him, there was nothing he could do since they lost the original paperwork by changing management. I told him that I would agree to once again get the paperwork, but this time, I wanted to know what was going to be done for me in order to insure that I did not have this issue in the future and to ensure that things were made right if I had to drive home to get paperwork again--since I had provided it 1 year earlier to correct their error. He told me to hold on and walked out of the room. He said he needed to talk to his director. When he came back, he began arguing with me further stating that I must not have understood (aka calling me either ignorant or a liar). At that point, I asked to speak with his manager, who in-turn said he couldn't meet with me until next Tuesday (it was Thursday)! Finally, he went away from the office again only to come back stating that I was indeed correct, I had purchased the "Preferred plus" warranty, and he drew up additional paperwork stating that fact. I asked him at that point, if he thought it might have been more prudent to look into things rather than arguing with a customer and be condescending, and he flatly replied, "It is fixed now, is there anything else I could do for you?" Two hours wasted for an oil change and not even an apology. He didn't even attempt to rectify the situation or redeem an unsatisfied customer. I commented on to the dealership's facebook page regarding the incident. Within moments, the GM (Darren) asked me to email him and describe the situation. After 3 weeks and 3 follow-up emails, I finally got a reply from him saying that since I didn't explicitly ask him for a reply he didn't think he needed to respond to my email, He also mentioned that he "talked" to those who were involved. Surprising, since 3 emails should have clued him into the need for a response. Nevertheless, he never apologized or said he wanted to try and earn back loyalty. In my last email to him, I explicitly stated that I would like for him to ensure that my account has been updated in their system, so I do not encounter this in the future. Once done, I asked him to let me know that it has been taken care of. That was over 4 weeks ago. Not a peep or response. My entire family owns Toyotas; however, since the new management took over, I won't do business there anymore. The lack of concern, disrespectful attitudes, and lack of desire to rectify their mistakes makes this dealership not worth it. I would prefer to pay a bit more and not be treated like scum.

Bait and switch or incompetence?

by from Plano, TX |

They advertised (on their website and on Autotrader) specific cars (Camry XLE Hybrids) for $5K below MSRP. I called them to confirm that the cars were still available at the advertised prices. Drove 20 miles and spent 1 hour with them (mainly test driving and waiting for them) and found out that the advertised prices were mistakes. Waited for the sales guy to double check with the manager, then waited for the manager to double check with the "director." The bottom line: advertised prices were mistakes and they cannot honor the advertised prices. Their "best" price from the "director" was higher than a comparable car from another dealer. Wasted 2 hours and a round trip to the dealer. It was also a nightmare to get there because of all the constructions. The "director" offer to "pay for the gas" which I refused. By the way, their "mistakes" were there last week and they are still there today!