Don-A-Vee Chrysler Jeep

777 W. Orangethorpe Avenue, Placentia, CA 92870

Big Job

by from SGV |

I had my car for 7 years and 10 days after the drivetrain warranty expired my transmission went out. They worked with me and Chrysler to have the work covered under warranty. Also, Don-A-Vee gives a 24 month warranty on repairs, not the regular 12 months. David M.

Don-A-Vee Jeep Placentia, CA

by from Arcadia, CA |

Service writer was prompt and courteous. After evaluation by the mechanic he was able to explain what need to be repaired and how long it would take. On time and within budget. John McCarty Arcadia, CA

Quality service at Don-A-Vee Jeep

by from Whittier, CA |

I purchased a 1993 Jeep from Don-A-Vee when they were in Bellflower and always had it serviced there. Years later I purchased a Jeep from my local dealer in Whittier. When they went out of business 2 years ago (without any notification whatsoever) I looked around for Don-A-Vee and found they had moved to Placentia. I began taking my 2001 Jeep to them for service and have been receiving the same quality service I received with my first Jeep. The service writers all seem to know what they're doing and consult with me before making any needed repairs. They make the mechanic available to explain what/why the service/repairs are necessary. I've been very happy with the employees of Don-A-Vee, the service/repairs that I've had done there and the reasonableness of the cost. In short, I would recommend Don-A-Vee without hesitation.

Getting It Right

by from Fullerton |

I think this dealership has great potential. They are working hard on getting it right the first time. They have hired some new service advisors that I beleive will help with this process. I have recommended this facility to family and friends. They are great in getting your car done in a timely manner if you are waiting for your car. They have a great service that will shuttle you back home or to your place of work.

dumb as a door knob sharp as a tack

by from Yorba Linda CA |

The sales process was a joke - the sales person was probably in the wrong business and the GM/owner took care of everything - made it right. The service experience (2 cars over 5 years) has been as good as it could be. If I could buy the cars from the service department - it would be the best place on earth for car related things.

Overall this is a good dealership.

by from La Mirada Ca. |

The one issue I had with the service department was not getting my transmission fixed properly on my 2004 chrysler 300. The first repair lasted for a couple of weeks, then it broke down. After returning to get it repaired again I was notified that parts were not available for at least two weeks. I ended up buying a new car from your dealership the same day. the good news is I am satisfied with the transaction and so far love the car.

Quick and painless purchase

by from Chino ca |

I recently purchased a 2012 grand Cherokee from din a vee. I was able to do most of the deal via email. When I actually went to the dealership the vehicle was ready to go. Spent less than 1 hour finalizing and signing docs and I was on the road.

Customer service

by from chino. c.a |

fast and good the help me out with everything I needed do service was great and I also feel free donuts for breakfast

Very Unprofessional

by from Rochester Hills, Michigan |

I had found one of their used vehicles and called to make inquiries. Not only was I left on hold forever, then hung up on before anyone ever bothered to take my call, but when I did finally speak with someone they were rude, had no knowledge of automobiles I could see, and acted in a most unprofessional manner. In today's market one expects dealers to be professional and have a grasp of the vehicles which they are selling. Save your time and effort and find a dealership with integrity.

DON-A-VEE Typical haggle dealership

by from Chino Hills, CA |

DON-A-VEE summed up: 1. Test Drive elsewhere then come here if they have what you want. 2. If you have a trade-in, take it to CarMax and walk in with Cash 3. Use your own financing, or find out ahead of time what they were able to get for you as they won't tell you. 4. Be prepared for the wear-down tactic and key retention. 5. Bring some cash for gas if you live a ways a way. I went to Don-A-Vee to pick up a new Jeep Cherokee Laredo X in Red. The car was in stock and I was able to test drive it. I also has a 2009 Dodge Challenger RT Classic in B5 blue to trade in. Test Drive: The test drive experience was frustrating at best. It was pulling teeth to keep the salesman on the topic of the vehicle and not talking about video games. The drive route was extremely short, we were lucky if we covered a couple blocks. All-in-all it was tough to make up my mind on the car and trim package based on this experience. No other cars were offered to be brought out or looked at. Trad-in negotiation: Long story short, the salesman told me outright "We can't compete with Carmax." and came 2.5K short of the Carmax appraisal I had done that morning. As far as I can tell, they never set foot outside to inspect the car. New car negotiation: Standard wear-down tactics and holding on to my trade-in key were employed in order to make the sale. The sales man didn't waste any time dropping the price by 1K for the car with whatever rebates he could find. After that, they held me hostage by not relinquishing my key so that I could leave the premises. The salesman made several comments about how much I made and that I could afford this car (even though I have my first child at 5mos old) He did immediately apologize, but he was out of line. Eventually, we came to a point where the monthly payments made sense, though it wasn't until the salesman encouraged me to walk to my car so he could negotiate and go through the theatrics of walking out. Warranty: The finance officer was polite and courteous and even though she was required to try and sell me on the warranty, she did not press the matter or make comments about my personal life. Financing: I was pre-approved through my bank for 2.99% apr, I told the salesman I would take a lower APR if they could find one. They found me a 2.40% apr rate. Sounds great, but they never mentioned it until signing the contract, when it could have been used to bring the monthly payment down. Taking possession: They did wash the car and put gas in the car. Though don't expect a full-tank. It's policy at Don-A-Vee to only put in $30.