BMW Portland

Used 877-807-8987
Service 866-906-2539

Long time BMW'r - They Won me over

by from Portland, OR |

I'm a long time BMW owner. Absolutely top level buying experience at BMW Portland, with excellent follow-up/follow-through during and after my new X3-M purchase. My sales person had product knowledge & was a true customer advocate. The sales manager worked creatively/competitively to meet my price/trade requirements. The finance manager was fast, accurate. Everyone was on the same page, professional and with a personal touch. I'm moving all my business to BMW Portland.

As smart as the car.

by from Portland, OR |

I have owned my new BMW 3 series for 2 months and was gradually getting to know the extensive features but I was never comfortable with the music/radio functions. Eric Devier was kind enough to keep in touch and I wisely took up his offer to get together and go over my questions. He did an excellent job reviewing the sound/station/preset features and even set things up to work with greater ease and function. He clearly loves his job and is an expert at sharing his knowledge so that new owners of a BMW have even more pleasure driving the car.

Misrepresented Vehicle - Service Ignores Issues

by from Oregon |

Misrepresented vehicles Bluetooth capabilities during sale; vehicle not capable of synching with iPhone Bluetooth or tethered. Getting the second remote, which should have come with a Certified Vehicle at the sale, took many unreturned calls. When I took the car back to Portland to get the key I brought up that TPM kept coming on even after adjusting tire pressures and had been doing this for two weeks. Service stated they checked tire pressures and found nothing wrong. The TPM code set on the 100 mile drive home from the dealership. I believe I was mislead with the vehicles capabilities and the car is now parked as I don't feel comfortable driving a vehicle that randomly sets off fault codes.

July 1, 2014

Hello CAWilson, We are sorry that your initial experience did not live up to expectations. We appreciate your speaking with us and giving us the opportunity to resolve your issues. Thank you for the feedback, it is vital in our efforts to continually improve our customer service. If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me. Sincerely, Andrew Clark, General Manager

No way

by from Dallas tx |

Horrible customer svc. Leaves pics up online of sold cars for long periods. Carolyn is horrible at responding

November 6, 2013

Shawn, I am very sorry for the inconvenience you have experienced. We try very hard to keep our website current and correct, but we have had some recent trouble with sold units showing up in our inventory. Your comments regarding response time have been taken seriously and will provide a training opportunity for our team. Please do not hesitate to contact me if we can be of further assistance. Thank you, Andrew Clark, General Manager

Buying

by from Tigard, Or |

We bought a used Honda Civic for our daughter. The service was excellent and we feel we got a good value.

Great service, hard bargain

by from Salem, OR |

Excellent service from pretty much every person I came in contact with. The price negotiations were a bit more obnoxious than they needed to be, but still ended up with a fair deal when it was all done. Detailing was a bit of a misnomer, with several things on interior and exterior missed- paint scratches that could easily buff out and pen marks on interior surfaces. But that was part of the hassle of pricing and the vehicle was still in reasonably clean shape overall. Included 60 day warranty was a definite plus and additional piece of mind. Other than the lack of finer detailing- exactly what you would expect from a luxury car dealer.

September 28, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate your feedback and your comments regarding the quality of the detail will be discussed with our team. Thank you again and we look forward to serving you again in the future. Sincerely, Gregg Randolph, General Manager

Mini Cooper Hardtop

by from Portland, Oregon |

I walked in "cold" in mid-july asking to drive a manual cooper. They only had a CooperS and so I drove that. I had to run to the airport right away and took the sales guys info to contact him later. I called him a few days later to schedule a drive in a basic Cooper. Again, he was completely happy to help. After the test drive, we sat down to "build" my mini, and again he was very informative about options - not over-selling, but really helping me to decide what was best for my price-point and driving style. I called a few days later to confirm that I want to purchase the car, negotiated the price, and was told it would take 8-10 weeks. It turns out my original salesperson had left the dealership, so I started to work with a woman, Bradley, who kept me informed about the progress of the manufacture of my mini. 7 weeks later, we confirmed my car was ready and I met Bradley for the first time at the dealership. She was great - helped me complete the lease (turns out I got an even better deal because the manufacturer was offering a discount), showed me the details of the car, and away I went. Perfect!

October 24, 2011

Providing exceptional customer service is always our goal, so I am happy to hear that we were able to make you experience a good one. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and Happy Motoring!! Regards, JP Phillips, General Manager.

BMW Portland's Service Department is Top-Notch

by from Portland, OR |

I own an independent car dealership in Portland that specializes in pre-owned (mostly lease-return) BMWs. We've taken our cars to BMW Portland (formerly Rasmussen) for the better part of a decade, and we've never been anything but pleased with the results. Jerry Makinster is the service advisor we work with most often, and his knowledge of BMWs is so great that for a couple of years, our inventory manager thought that Jerry was actually doing the wrenching on our cars. Here's what we've come to expect when we bring one of our BMWs or Mini Coopers to BMW Portland: -Expert and methodical diagnosis using the most current factory-authorized tools -Prompt and thorough communication regarding both the nature of the problem and the time it will take to fix it -Polite and professional consideration of your time: a ride or a loaner if we need it, free MAX tickets, delivery estimates that are consistently conservative -A solid feeling that, whatever issue led us to bring our car to BMW Portland, it has been resolved by the best techs in the business I would recommend Jerry and BMW Portland to anyone. Their reception desk gets busy in the mornings and afternoons, and their parking lot is a bit like a game of tetris, but their workmanship is unmatched. It seems that dealership owners and/or employees aren't supposed to write reviews on cars.com; I understand that they're trying to ensure that the reviews in their system are legitimate. However, as one of BMW Portland's largest customers, I feel it's important that consumers are able to read my review -- I've sent hundreds of cars to Jerry, and I've never had a complaint. It's also worth noting that I compete directly with BMW Portland in sales, but I still feel that this review is both fair and deserved, so I'm knowingly checking the "I am not a dealer or employed by a dealership" checkbox even though I am a dealer. Cars.com can take this down if they'd like.