Academy Cars

(4.7) 3 Reviews

1527 W 6th St, Lawrence, KS 66044

Great process but REALLY nervous and felt off!

by from Lawrence, KS |

So my husband and I traded in our old one for a 2013 Nissan Versa....well we really didn't have a choice on the Versa! We go in there, the guy seemed okay. He asked us why we were trading in our 2002 then BEFORE WE EVEN TEST DRIVE, EVEN LOOK he goes through the process......THIS IS WHERE I GET THE WEIRD SHADY FEELINGS! He checked our credit and got our loan pre-approved for a set amount. WE HAVEN'T EVEN LOOKED AT THE CARS AT THIS POINT.......and then tells us good I only have 1 left. 1 of what? We go outside it's a 2013 Nissan Versa SV. Okay I'm thinking cute car......finally we take the test drive.......drives great and everything works. So we get back and I ask him about the car, he keeps assuring me OH IT'S FINE OH IT'S OKAY IT'S BEEN THROUGH OUR CHECKS. Well it's just been 6 months and I got my oil changed here recently and all of a sudden our battery is low. Everything else is fine so I don't hold anything against them except ways to make you feel like this is kindy of shady. I mean LET YOUR CUSTOMERS LOOK AND TEST DRIVE THE CARS BEFORE YOU EVEN GET TO THE PAPERWORK!

Best car buying experience

by from Lawrence Kansas |

I couldn't be more satisfied with my experience at Academy Cars. They spent the time to get to know me and my car needs. I went in a stranger and came out feeling like family. I love my 2010 Nissan. I would recommend Academy Cars to any of my friends for their car buying needs.

How Happy Bill Goodson Jr Made Me Happy

by from Kansas City, Mo |

As a 21 year old Woman with No Credit. Went into Acadamy Cars and talked to Bill Goodson Jr. Who had me take a seat and explained the buying process to me. Asked what I was looking for as I have 3 little ones at home. As someone who had never bought a car from a dealership. Bill made sure he answered all my questions. I was very happy how I was treated. My buying experience was Excellent. I will be sending people to see Bill very soon. I Love My Nissian Versa. Thanks Again Academy Cars.