Fred Anderson

(3.7) 7 Reviews

2511 Wake Forest Rd, Raleigh, NC 27609

Southern States Pre-Owned

by from Raleigh, nc |

Went to Southern States pre-owned and found the best salesman, JOHN BLACKWELL! This man worked with me non-stop for days with the ultimate patience, kindness and professionalism. I had one make in mind but he showed me a Hyundai that is perfect for me! I could not be happier with my "new" car and even happier that Mr Blackwell went above and beyond his duties to make sure that I had no questions or concerns regarding my purchase. And the deal was more than fair! I usually do not like pre owned car people; but John Blackwell changed my mind about all that. I will always do business with Southern States! Tell John Katherine sent you and he;ll do right by you!

Poor Sales Experience

by from Cary, NC |

We were greeted by a salesperson who had only started that week and had received no training. We knew more about the Subaru Outback we were looking at than he did. The dealership did not have any 2012 Subaru Outback books when I asked to see one. We were offered a low ball trade and someone came to our car after we left offering us over 30% more for our trade. We were not impressed to say the least.

Internet Department Rocks

by from Raleigh |

I was looking for a new or pre-owned car and visited multiple dealerships websites and cars.com keeping my options open. When I sent my information to Southern States I got an email from Duane Davis. He told me that he was the Internet manager and his goal was to make sure each customer was taken care of properly. He was awesome the entire process. I knew I wasn't easy to work with but he was a professional the entire process. He made sure I understood everything he said to me so there would be no confusion. He made sure what he said was the truth and not the stretched truth like most car dealerships. When I arrived the vehicle was ready like he promised and the deal he said was exactly what it was. No tricks. So I say this ask for Duane when u get to southern states he is their Internet manager and he tell you like it is. Other dealerships may seem like they have a more favorable deal until you get there and wasted your time. Duane is the total opposite of a car salesperson

Great Sales Consultant!

by from Raleigh, NC |

I recently considered trading my Saab for a new Golf. Though financially the deal did not work out, my sales consultant, Mark Truesdell, was a pleasure to work with. I was actually able to look at the car without feeling like I'd have a gun to my head to buy it in the end. Mark's knowledge, pleasant disposition and objective approach throughout the whole process actually made looking at a new car enjoyable, as opposed to the dreadful experiences I've had with other sales consultants. Should I ever end up deciding to defect from Saab to VW, I'll definitely go back to see Mark about it!

Great!!!!

by from Randleman, NC |

Southern States is a great place to buy a car. I bought a used car from them yesterday. Mr. Isaacs, as well as Mr. Lewis worked with me and were able to get me a price I thought was fair. They helped me with a payment I could afford and were very helpful with every aspect of the entire transaction. If my family or I need another car in the furure Southern States is the first place I will go. I would recommend this dealership for anyone who wants a fair price and great service!

Go somewhere else...

by from Raleigh NC |

I've purchased a VW Passat for my wife. The car had its share of problems, which I understand. What I don't understand is, how the service department employees still hold their jobs in this economy! Every time my wife would go to get anything done she would receive a terrible service. The people working there are rude and condescending. They would change their story when I went to talk to her. I am, however, sick and tired of this and therefore we will be buying our next car at another dealer.

Bought low mileage Ford Explorer

by from Sanford, NC |

The salesman was polite and helpful. The financing was handled by them and they gave me the lowest interest rate they could find on a Saturday morning. I would buy from them again.