Open Road Acura of East Brunswick

Used 877-438-6054
Service 888-618-9062

Good dealership

by from Downingtown, PA |

I had a good experience at this dealership. The salesman was friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. Also, he was persistent but not pushy, which I liked. In the end I felt I got a very good deal on the vehicle I purchased.

Bunch of Crooks!

by from Monroe, NJ |

My service manager was Ed. I had my Acura 2010 TSX for flood damage. I had to call them for update. Ed was never available on the phone. If you leave a message, you never get a return call from them. I had to call twice or three times a day to get an update. I was promised to get my car back after a week, but it took them one extra week. Very poor customer service. Finally, ED started calling me back, because he wanted approval to get extra work done in the car. Repairs outrageously priced. When finally I went to pick up the car, the price quoted over the phone by Ed was not honored and I wound up paying ridiculous amount of money. Never going to this dealership again. Bunch of Crooks!

Open Road Acura of East Brunswick responded to this review

August 1, 2014

Dear Mr. Sharp, As you know, your vehicle was towed in after sustaining flood damage. Your insurance company came and inspected your vehicle and approved the necessary repairs and fees. After the initial repairs, your vehicle needed a supplement claim from your insurance company which delayed the completion of repairs. At that time, you agreed to the repair amount and were aware you had to pay your deductible to your insurance company. It was after the work was completed that you wanted to renegotiate the original agreed upon fee and did not want to pay your deductible. We completed the work up to the standards and fees authorized and agreed upon by you and your insurance company. We are sorry you feel differently.

Happy Customer

by from Bedminster NJ |

When I first arrived I was welcomed and helped right away. I took the car for a test drive and knew exactly what I was looking for. The price for the cerifted car was a great deal and there was no way I could walk away. Michael was very helpful through the buying process and was very knowledge as well. I am very pleased with the customer service that was given and they were not pushy at all. The finance manager was very friendly and not pushy at all. There internet prices are accurate no lies. Also I requested an appointment online for a test drive they were fast to call back and very friendly.

Dishonest Dealership

by from Pennsville |

I was directed to Open Road by Autotrader. I was looking for a used 370Z. Boom, after a couple of hours, there it is! A mint looking (picture wise) '09 Z with my name all over it. So, I go up there and view the vehicle. In the description on Autotrader, there was never a mention of a slight crack in the front bumper/paint peeling. It was a small, 5" x 5" area on the "fang" of the Z. It was nothing more than someone parking and clipping the curb, it was clearly not an accident level of damage. No biggie, moved on. I wanted to buy it. I figured they'd either 1) fix it before I bought it based on my wants and needs or 2) offer money to pay for some of it. Long story short, I bought the vehicle for a great price and they gave me a good price for my car. It was a happy story until it came to get the front bumper fixed...but, I should've expected it. They "washed their hands of it." Fast forward 3 years--the car is great. A couple weeks ago I go to trade in my Z (which, I absolutely adore and baby, by the way) and I have the salesman come back to me with a Carfax report. Oh, can you guess what happens next? "Sir, you have a rear impact tied to this vehicle." The Z has 7K on it. Why would I assume it had a rear impact? Everything looked great and I was never told that. Not even a hint. You want to know what that cost me? 3K on a trade in. 3K may not be a lot to all of you, but it certainly is me and it makes a nice difference on a monthly car payment. I just want to personally thank you, Open Road Acura, for your inability to tell the truth and fit the stereotypical "stealership" mold. Not to mention your salesman should probably have a slightly better education on the vehicles you sell. I don't think mine knew the difference between an automatic and a stick shift. I would never recommend anyone go here to buy their vehicle unless new...simply because they can't hide much there (or can they?).

Highly Recommended

by from Farmingdale, NY |

Just purchased a used car at open road. My wife and I travelled all the way from Long Island (90 min) because i found the perfect used car for daughter (new driver) on the internet. The car was better than advertised and the price advertised was the price offerred NO "internet special" tricks. The entire staff was pleasant and professional. I found our salesman Michael Messina professional, informative and most importantly sincere. Would definitely recommend checking out Open Road to anyone for their vehicle needs.

Awesome purchase

by from east brunswick nj |

Went shopping for my new at Acura at Open Road. Met with Barry Chaskes one of the salesman there and was very surprised. No high pressure or games. simple test drive and got a good deal. I had a great experience and reccomend Open road and Barry to all future Acura buyers!

Good Vehicle/Very Poor Customer Service/

by from Toms River, NJ |

I purchased a 2009 used jeep wrangler from this dealership for my son. I worked with Anthony, who was by far a great person, and a stand up guy who followed through and kept his word. I also dealt with the used car manager Mike Piccolo who was my best friend while I was in the buying process but when that was done so was he. As agreed in my contract I was to bring the vehicle to a jeep dealership to have the tire pressure sensors repaired at his expense. He explained that he would call them and set it up. I wanted the appt. in Toms River close to home. I get a message that he made the appt. and to bring car into be serviced. My wife took a morning off to bring the vehicle and the dealership in Toms River had no appt and no idea why we were there. We called Open Road and they called Mike on his day off to find out what was up. Mike explained to my wife that his assistant made the appt. in Freehold. My wife explained that we told him Toms River, why would we drive a half hour to Freehold? He explained to my wife that it was his day off and he would take care of it in the office the next day. I guess our time is less valuable then his. The next day after several calls to Mike, we confirmed a Monday appt. he had set up. I arrived at the jeep dealership Monday and I was given an estimate which I explained that Mike from Open Road had made the appt and I assumed spoke with them about who was paying. NEVER ASSUME. I called Mike from the jeep dealer but he was not in until 1 and no one else could help. I called back Open Road at 1:15 because I needed to get this problem resolved and was tired off waiting for a return call. After several more attempts, I called Anthony explained the problem and after several calls back and forth resolved the problem. To this day Mike has never called back or attempted to apologize for HIS total lack of professionalism and arrogance. I would never recommend this dealership because of there lack of customer service. The Acura of which I own one is a phenomenal vehicle and speaks for itself but the dealership that sells them also needs to be phenomenal and Open Road, and Mike need to step down a peg or 2.

Great dealer! Gave me an awesome deal!

by from Sayreville, NJ |

Great dealer! We were looking at a 2010 Acura RL, Certified Pre-owned. I saw one on Cars.com, and it was a good price for me. I was able to get an even better price at the dealer. Open Road of East Brunswick has great service overall and I would go back to them to purchase another car in the future!

Unbelievably Bad Experience

by from New Brunswick, NJ |

I will start by saying Amanda (Service Consultant) was extremely pleasant and courteous. However, the Service Manger Don left me feeling insulted ad unwelcomed at Open Road Acura of East Brunswick. I took my 2006 Acura TSX in to be serviced on a Thursday - without an appointment. Amanda was accommodating and the facilities were very nice so I did not mind the wait. Amanda took the time to explain to me what the diagnostic tests revealed and I agreed to have my car serviced. Amanda went above and beyond extending courteous and thoughtful customer service by offering me a loaner car without my asking. Six days later, I went to pick up my car and paid the $1,195.00 without protest. When I went to my car, I noticed my front seats (driver and passenger) were ruined. It was evident that inside of my car had gotten wet. Given that the weather included not only rain showers, but downpours between Thursday, June 30th and Weds, July 3rd - I told Don I believe someone had left the car windows open; further evident by the 1/4 inch of water in my cup holder. Don was extremely rude and unconcerned as he told me he could not believe my seats were not already ruined when I bought the car in. Don also refused to give me a business card and would not provide me with the name of anyone with more authority than himself. Don continued to be belligerent without offering any resolve for the ruined seats. My personal experience lends credibility to the many negative reviews I have read on other sites.

POOR SERVICE!

by from OLD BRIDGE NJ |

We had our 2005 Acura MDX serviced by Open Road Acura of East Brunswick for air conditioner issues on May 8-9, 2013. The Service Department recommended that the air conditioner compressor be replaced for $1745.67 after a full diagnostic test was done. We agreed to have the repairs done. We did not have any issues with the service until this weekend. Unfortunately, while in a parking lot this Sunday, May19th, we noticed that oil and transmission fluid was leaking from the car. We requested AAA to tow the vehicle to the nearest AAA Car Care Center to have the car checked since the vehicle can no longer be driven due to excessive loss of oil. We would have taken the vehicle back to your dealership if it was not Sunday and the Service Department was closed. Upon inspection by the AAA Car Care Center, they found out that the transmission cooling line that enters the radiator has pulled out of the radiator. The vehicle lost all of its transmission fluid and coolant. Also, they noticed that the power steering pressure switch was unplugged. AAA fixed the issue by replacing the MDX's radiator. Parts and service for the radiator replacement cost us $873.67. Based on the repair report, it was evident that our MDX's problem was caused by negligence and poor service done by Open Road Acura of East Brunswick. My complaints to the General Manager of the dealership was forwarded to Don, from the Service Department, who left a message and alleges that the cause of the issue was rust at the hose due to the age of the car. When AAA looked at the vehicle, they showed us what caused the leak. There was no rapture on the transmission cooling line - instead the line that enters the radiator had pulled out of the radiator. There was no rust on the joint that connects this line to the radiator. This joint is normally screwed tight and the only way that it can be pulled out is if it was accidentally hit during the compressor replacement. For the Service Department to replace the compressor of our MDX, they would have to remove the component that is very close to the radiator. The compressor replacement procedure even warns that one should be careful not to damage the radiator fins when installing the A/C compressor - this indicates that the compressor is very close to the radiator and it is possible that it was accidentally hit during the compressor replacement. The AAA report was very clear - "the transmission cooling line that enters the radiator was pulled out of the radiator". The report did not indicate the presence of rust or that the line was ruptured. It clearly states that it was pulled out. Aside from this, AAA calls out that the power steering pressure switch was unplugged. Open Road has not provided an explanation on how this could have occurred. We are very unsatisfied and upset by the service performed and the responses provided to date by the Service Department of Open Road Acura of East Brunswick. When we decided to have our MDX serviced by the dealership, we thought we would be getting quality service and we will have peace of mind for the services rendered - especially since we paid premium for the service. After the amount we paid to have the car serviced for the air conditioner, we never thought that the service done would be so unsatisfactory that it can cause us undue stress and possibly put our family in harm's way. Negligence caused by their Service Department cost us $ 873.67 for parts and repair service. We had to put a halt to our day's plans to address the issues caused be their negligence. The only silver lining is that the leak was noticed while the vehicle was parked - before we drove the car with our kids. We cannot imagine what could have happened if this occurred while we are driving the vehicle. Open Road Acura of East Brunswick prides itself as a Dealership of Distinction. It is unfortunate that they advertise this achievement and claim the they set the standard for client satisfaction when they do not eve

Open Road Acura of East Brunswick responded to this review

June 2, 2013

Open Road Acura has agreed to pay this customer's bill even though it was performed elsewhere and not verified by our service dept

Great Buying Experience for a Dealership

by from East Brunswick, NJ |

I chose Open Road because of the competitive listing price in cars.com and excellent selection of late model Acura RDX's I was specifically looking for. I drove an hour not having high expectations going into the "experience" of buying a used car from a dealer given my past experience with others. Needless to say, I was pleasantly surprised. I worked with Matteo who is very knowledgeable of the models features and options. When it came to price and negotiations, I felt I got a great deal and the negotiation process was very painless and quick - which was a big deal for me. They even worked with the financing that beat my banks APR which surprised me, as well. The finance manager was a little pushy with the "dealer options", but not intolerable. Overall, it was the best experience I have had at a dealer to date. Thanks, Open Road!