Open Road Acura of East Brunswick

Used 877-438-6054
Service 888-618-9062

Great experience

by from Manalapan, NJ |

I just purchased a new Acura TLX. My sales representative John Genovese made my wife and I feel at ease immediately. Dealing with Mr. Genovese was a pleasure. No hard sell, just a feeling that he really cares about his customer. He was extremely patient and answered every question we had. Kind of like dealing with your favorite uncle. We got a good deal with none of the back and forth which is the usual car buying experience. Everyone at the dealership itself was very friendly. We were even introduced to the manager of the service department. A great car buying experience.

Great service and Sale

by from Monmouth Jct, NJ |

Michael Young was great to work with and made buying my pre-owned RDX in no time at all. I am very happy.

Great Experience

by from East Brunswick, NJ |

I went car shopping at Open Road Acura of East Brunswick last Saturday. I was greeted by Michael, who made me feel comfortable and welcoming. He was very knowledgeable, professional, and patient. I ended up purchasing a car that day and I am very satisfied with my new ILX. It was definitely my best car shopping experience ever. I recommend Open Road Acura of East Brunswick and Michael to anyone who is looking for easy and pleasant experience when purchasing a car. Aneta

Good experience

by from Belle Mead |

I recently purchased an Acura MDX from Open Road. My rep Raymond was was helpful throughout the whole process. he answered all questions and replied to all my inquiries in a very timely and professional manner. Overall I was very pleased with my experiences and would choose open road again in the future.

Good dealership

by from Downingtown, PA |

I had a good experience at this dealership. The salesman was friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. Also, he was persistent but not pushy, which I liked. In the end I felt I got a very good deal on the vehicle I purchased.

Bunch of Crooks!

by from Monroe, NJ |

My service manager was Ed. I had my Acura 2010 TSX for flood damage. I had to call them for update. Ed was never available on the phone. If you leave a message, you never get a return call from them. I had to call twice or three times a day to get an update. I was promised to get my car back after a week, but it took them one extra week. Very poor customer service. Finally, ED started calling me back, because he wanted approval to get extra work done in the car. Repairs outrageously priced. When finally I went to pick up the car, the price quoted over the phone by Ed was not honored and I wound up paying ridiculous amount of money. Never going to this dealership again. Bunch of Crooks!

Open Road Acura of East Brunswick responded to this review

August 1, 2014

Dear Mr. Sharp, As you know, your vehicle was towed in after sustaining flood damage. Your insurance company came and inspected your vehicle and approved the necessary repairs and fees. After the initial repairs, your vehicle needed a supplement claim from your insurance company which delayed the completion of repairs. At that time, you agreed to the repair amount and were aware you had to pay your deductible to your insurance company. It was after the work was completed that you wanted to renegotiate the original agreed upon fee and did not want to pay your deductible. We completed the work up to the standards and fees authorized and agreed upon by you and your insurance company. We are sorry you feel differently.

Happy Customer

by from Bedminster NJ |

When I first arrived I was welcomed and helped right away. I took the car for a test drive and knew exactly what I was looking for. The price for the cerifted car was a great deal and there was no way I could walk away. Michael was very helpful through the buying process and was very knowledge as well. I am very pleased with the customer service that was given and they were not pushy at all. The finance manager was very friendly and not pushy at all. There internet prices are accurate no lies. Also I requested an appointment online for a test drive they were fast to call back and very friendly.

Dishonest Dealership

by from Pennsville |

I was directed to Open Road by Autotrader. I was looking for a used 370Z. Boom, after a couple of hours, there it is! A mint looking (picture wise) '09 Z with my name all over it. So, I go up there and view the vehicle. In the description on Autotrader, there was never a mention of a slight crack in the front bumper/paint peeling. It was a small, 5" x 5" area on the "fang" of the Z. It was nothing more than someone parking and clipping the curb, it was clearly not an accident level of damage. No biggie, moved on. I wanted to buy it. I figured they'd either 1) fix it before I bought it based on my wants and needs or 2) offer money to pay for some of it. Long story short, I bought the vehicle for a great price and they gave me a good price for my car. It was a happy story until it came to get the front bumper fixed...but, I should've expected it. They "washed their hands of it." Fast forward 3 years--the car is great. A couple weeks ago I go to trade in my Z (which, I absolutely adore and baby, by the way) and I have the salesman come back to me with a Carfax report. Oh, can you guess what happens next? "Sir, you have a rear impact tied to this vehicle." The Z has 7K on it. Why would I assume it had a rear impact? Everything looked great and I was never told that. Not even a hint. You want to know what that cost me? 3K on a trade in. 3K may not be a lot to all of you, but it certainly is me and it makes a nice difference on a monthly car payment. I just want to personally thank you, Open Road Acura, for your inability to tell the truth and fit the stereotypical "stealership" mold. Not to mention your salesman should probably have a slightly better education on the vehicles you sell. I don't think mine knew the difference between an automatic and a stick shift. I would never recommend anyone go here to buy their vehicle unless new...simply because they can't hide much there (or can they?).

Highly Recommended

by from Farmingdale, NY |

Just purchased a used car at open road. My wife and I travelled all the way from Long Island (90 min) because i found the perfect used car for daughter (new driver) on the internet. The car was better than advertised and the price advertised was the price offerred NO "internet special" tricks. The entire staff was pleasant and professional. I found our salesman Michael Messina professional, informative and most importantly sincere. Would definitely recommend checking out Open Road to anyone for their vehicle needs.

Awesome purchase

by from east brunswick nj |

Went shopping for my new at Acura at Open Road. Met with Barry Chaskes one of the salesman there and was very surprised. No high pressure or games. simple test drive and got a good deal. I had a great experience and reccomend Open road and Barry to all future Acura buyers!

Good Vehicle/Very Poor Customer Service/

by from Toms River, NJ |

I purchased a 2009 used jeep wrangler from this dealership for my son. I worked with Anthony, who was by far a great person, and a stand up guy who followed through and kept his word. I also dealt with the used car manager Mike Piccolo who was my best friend while I was in the buying process but when that was done so was he. As agreed in my contract I was to bring the vehicle to a jeep dealership to have the tire pressure sensors repaired at his expense. He explained that he would call them and set it up. I wanted the appt. in Toms River close to home. I get a message that he made the appt. and to bring car into be serviced. My wife took a morning off to bring the vehicle and the dealership in Toms River had no appt and no idea why we were there. We called Open Road and they called Mike on his day off to find out what was up. Mike explained to my wife that his assistant made the appt. in Freehold. My wife explained that we told him Toms River, why would we drive a half hour to Freehold? He explained to my wife that it was his day off and he would take care of it in the office the next day. I guess our time is less valuable then his. The next day after several calls to Mike, we confirmed a Monday appt. he had set up. I arrived at the jeep dealership Monday and I was given an estimate which I explained that Mike from Open Road had made the appt and I assumed spoke with them about who was paying. NEVER ASSUME. I called Mike from the jeep dealer but he was not in until 1 and no one else could help. I called back Open Road at 1:15 because I needed to get this problem resolved and was tired off waiting for a return call. After several more attempts, I called Anthony explained the problem and after several calls back and forth resolved the problem. To this day Mike has never called back or attempted to apologize for HIS total lack of professionalism and arrogance. I would never recommend this dealership because of there lack of customer service. The Acura of which I own one is a phenomenal vehicle and speaks for itself but the dealership that sells them also needs to be phenomenal and Open Road, and Mike need to step down a peg or 2.