Scott Clark Toyota

13000 E Independence Blvd, Matthews, NC 28104

New 866-803-7838
Used 888-393-8020
Service 877-531-1954

Please ask for the Internet Manager.

Truly Awesome Experience

by from Charlotte, NC |

I must say that the experience that I endured was AWESOME. Oh, and your Sales Manager, I believe his name was Mr. Rucker was GREAT. I have never went into a dealership and the atmosphere was so laid back but professional. There was no one being pushy or constantly harassing, which I extremely cannot tolerate. Even though, I was not ready to purchase a vehicle that particular day, with the professionalism that was displayed to me, I will definitely purchase my next vehicle, or two, at Scott Clark on Independence Boulevard.

surprised my wife purchased !!!!

by from South Carolina |

after driving from columbia sc we met dave gibbs and soon after meeting dave it became obvious that he listened to what our needs were and he did his level best to show available cars that would match our needs. i was totally shocked when we drove home in a different vehicle than we left home in. i found the whole organization at scott clark to be customer oriented however it was dave gibbs attitude and attention that led us to make a decision and meet the remaining organization. i freely recommend dave and scott clark to anyone needing a great automobile.

Internet Barrage

by from Banner Elk, NC |

I had inquired on-line about 3 used cars on Scott Clark's website, basically asking for some more info, specifically if the models where AWD as the descriptions did indicate whether they were Front Wheel Drive or AWD. I was hit with a barrage of emails from 2 customer service assistants, 3 sales people and 1 social media coordinator. All messages seemed to be just generic email responses with no reply to my specific question. I even replied to several asking the main question regarding if the vehiecles, even provided stock numbers listed on the website per vehicle, asking again that any further interest depended on if they were AWD or not, as this was what I was looking for, still the barrage came again with no answer to my simple question. So I took it upon myself just to randomly call the phone number on the used car website to get an answer. I spoke to the first person that answered and lets just say I was not impressed, after I explained which vehicles I was interested and gave the stock numbers, the salesman on the other end said woa woa hold on while I get a pen and paper to right down these numbers, they looked up descriptions and said they would have to call me back. I received a follow-up call back with 15 minutes and was told all were FWD, then asked what I was interested in again, I explained an AWD drive of the models I previously called about. They indicated they had just received an AWd model of what I was intersted in but did not have any info, they would call me back. Needless to say I never heard back. Seems like is Scott Clark would enhance the product description to include drivetrain info and would have read my mutiple emails asking specific questions and would have answered them and oh yea, called me back about a model that I may have been further interested in that MAYBE I WOULD HAVE PURCHASED A VEHICLE FROM THEM!

April 1, 2014

Hello Frustrated Mtn Man, Customer satisfaction is very important to us and I would like to thank you for bringing your concerns to my attention. I am sorry you did not receive the customer service you were expecting when you inquired on-line and when you called the dealership. I would like to discuss what happened with you in detail. Please contact me at the dealership. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you. Jimmy Cline - General Manager Scott Clark Toyota

Toyota Vehicle Service

by from Marshville, NC |

Bought a new Rav4 in 2008. It's been fine until now. Apparently the Charcoal Container goes bad at around 50ish thousand miles. This is a defective part and should be replaced for free by Toyota at least (4) times if not the life of the vehicle. Or, replace the defective part with a new improved part. Toyota wants $1,278 to replace this part. I'm not going to replace it once let alone every 50k miles. I'm hoping a lawsuit takes place and a recall is made. They also charged me $103 for a diagnostic test for there defective part. You buy a car from the dealer and get charged a diagnostic test while the mechanic down the road doesn't charge anything. Well, needless to say I will NOT be buying another vehicle from here or Toyota period. I was planning on buying a Tacoma from here next year until this. I know plan to buy a Frontier and hope to get free diagnostic checks in writing upon purchase. Thanks for reading...

March 29, 2014

Hello Flyman and thank you for your review. We appreciate your bringing your 2008 RAV4 into Scott Clark Toyota. Please bear in mind that Scott Clark did not design or build the car, nor do we decide whether to warranty a Toyota part - Toyota corporate does that. That being said, let's talk about your charcoal canister! The charcoal canister is a government mandated part of the evaporative emissions system built into every new Toyota. This canister filters the fuel vapors at the top of the fuel filler neck and sends them back to the engine to be burned rather than vented into the air. This keeps the RAV4 one of the lowest emissions vehicles earning it a ULEVII rating by the Insurance Institute of Highway Safety. Being the largest Toyota dealer in the Carolina's we see many folks daily and often we observe "patterns". One of these "patterns" is from folks who continue to fill the fuel tank after the gas pump shuts off. (Usually most of the way up the neck until they can see the fuel) In your owners manual, it says to stop filling when the pump shuts off. When you continue to fill after the pump shuts off, it can flood the charcoal canister (Which is made to filter vapor, not fuel) and over many-many repeated floods, (Say about 50,000 miles worth) unfortunately that part can fail. This could happen to any car regardless of make or model. My earnest recommendation is to get your canister replaced and stop filling the tank when the pump shuts off. I'm sure that you'll get years and years of great service from your RAV4! Thank you for your review and I hope that this explanation helps you!

Never Again

by from Matthews, North Carolina |

The employees here only cared about making a sale, had no interest in the quality of the car or the service. They were not very helpful at all. The car was "certified" and the maintenance required light was already on before the car left the lot. Awful service, bad car. Will never go back.

March 13, 2014

Dear William, I would like to apologize for the experience you had at our dealership. We strive for the highest level of customer service and I am sorry you did not receive the level of service you expected. Each of our customers is a valued part of our operation and should be treated as such. I would like to speak with you about your experience in more detail. Please contact me at your earliest convenience. Thank you, Jimmy Cline General Manager Scott Clark Toyota

Used car quotation

by from Charlotte, NC |

I saw a car I was interested in possibly buying on-line.....I asked for a best quoted price and did not receive it despite asking several times....I did receive numerous emails, phone calls and other attempts to get me to come to the dealership and/or talk.....I was NOT interested in that unless the pricing was competitive-----I never was able to secure an answer to my request, so I went elsewhere..... I was annoyed to have my time wasted.... DO NOT CONTACT ME!!

March 8, 2014

Dear Irritated Existing Avalon owner, Thank you for your comment. I would like to apologize for your experience. We strive for 100% customer satisfaction and never want our customers to feel that we are wasting their time. Please contact me at your earliest convenience as I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss what happened in detail. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you. Jimmy Cline - General Manager Scott Clark Toyota

great service

by from la,sc |

I must say i had a great experience with Tim Nowell . If u decide on purchasing a car from Scott Clark ask for Tim. Nowell . Even had an issue wit a crack cracked windshield an he made sure it was taking care of after my purchase.. I'm loving my new car. Thanks again tim

Completely satisfied with every aspect

by from Indian Trail, NC |

Tim Nowell has left me speechless after every car that I have bought through him. He's always trying to keep the buyer's best interest in mind while making sure that the buyer is comfortable. In addition, after buying my most recent car Tim Nowell called me asking me if I was liking my new car and was satisfied with it.

bad customer service

by from charlotte, nc |

i would be careful when purchasing a vehicle from Scott clark Toyota dealership. i myself purchased a vehicle and my brother purchased a vehicle, in both cases we were told one thing at purchase and something totally different later when calling or returning to the dealership with issues and concerns. just be prepared for a salesman that really "pitches" the stereotype "don't trust a car salesman." Also be prepared to get the run around, because if one person refers you to speak to someone else, it can keep going, with no return phone call. if nothing else, just make sure all the features your told a vehicle has, it actually has.

February 18, 2014

Dear unhappy customer, Thank you for your comment. All customer feedback is appreciated and helps us to improve our dealership sales department. I apologize that your sales experience did not meet your expectations. I encourage you to contact me so we can discuss your sales experience in further detail. Thank you, Jimmy Cline - General Manager

Pleasant staff and good service

by from Mint Hill, NC |

We bought a 2014 Toyota Corolla in October. We were scheduled to meet with Jose Batista; however, when we arrived, he was tied up with another customer and Tim Pack became our salesman. We originally were going to get a good used car because our current one was starting to require too much money for repairs and I definitely needed a reliable car. Tim was very helpful and showed us a 2014 Toyota Corolla, which was fine with us as we only wanted one with good gas mileage and was reliable. He pointed out that with the warranty we would not have to worry about repairs. I also ordered heated seats and boy am I glad I did. They are the best and the service department did an excellent job of installing them. If you have never had heated seats, you definitely should try them, especially if you have a bad back. They feel so good and they are worth the extra money. As you can surmise, we are senior citizens and my husband is not in good health. It was so good to see his face light up when he sat in the heated seat. No matter what your age, heated seats definitely feel good and you will not want to be without them once you have tried them. Even though we had an Avalon before, we are very pleased with our Corolla as it is comfortable, easy to drive and gets good gas mileage. We have been Toyota owners since 1977, first in New York State and then in Charlotte, NC. We bought a new Toyota pick-up truck at Scott Clark's in 1993 which we still have and we also bought a used 1997 Toyota Avalon which we traded.

Dave Gibbs

by from Charlotte, N.C. |

I am so fortunate that I met Dave to help me buy my new FR-S. I did not come in with the idea of buying a new car. I was very satisfied with my 2005 Scion TC. ;But I have been in love with the FR-S since it came out. Dave was low-key, but very knowledgeable and answered my questions honestly and completely. He responded to my concerns, and went to the trouble of checking with my insurance company to see what the increase would be. He was very professional, but made me feel that this sale was to my benefit. He took me into the parking deck and showed me the cars; unfortunately there were no red vehicles with automatic drive. He left, and was back in minutes to say there was such a vehicle in Asheville and it was on its way. Dave helped me through all the process (financing, pick-up). Dave is sincere, professional, up-front. He is an awesome addition to your sales staff, and I hope you appreciate him;. If a friend was interested in a Scion or Toyota, I would definitely send them to Dave.