Parkway of Wilmington

5920 Market St, Wilmington, NC 28405

New 888-223-9456
Used 866-795-4139
Service 877-300-9458

"Experience the Parkway Difference"

Easy and straightforward car buying experience!

by from Wilmington, NC |

This was the easiest and most pleasant car purchase we have ever made. Greg Price at Parkway was professional, attentive and open and honest. This dealership is excellent and clearly prides itself on making customer service its number one priority. Greg was knowledgeable, helpful, and straightforward and got us exactly what we wanted at a price we were happy to pay. We really liked the fact that there was no painful price haggling, or that typical "let me see what my manager can do" nonsense that you get at other places...the price was made clear up front without any further need to go back and forth. We purchased a Crosstrek with the exact specs that we wanted, and when we picked it up I was amazed that Greg took the time to go over the car and how to operate all of its features..normally the dealer just takes your money and hands you the keys! We would highly recommend this dealership, and Greg, to anyone interested in a Subaru. The only downside to all of this is that we plan to keep this car for many, many years, so it will be a while before we go back to buy another one! But in the meantime, we encourage others to have the same experience we did. In addition, the savings we received from being costco members were an added bonus - we did not even know we were eligible until Greg told us about it. All in all, an excellent experience, all the way from shopping, to making the purchase and driving our new car away. I would give customer service a rating of 10 if I could - staff at this dealership goes above and beyond to make sure you are satisfied. My three-star review of facilities reflects the current state of the show room, but Parkway is just starting a renovation, so that will be sure to be a 5 star rating by next year.

October 9, 2014

Heather, Wow. What a great review. Thank you so much for putting so much thought and effort into sharing your experience with others. We really think this is how car buying should be. Buying a car is stressful enough without some of the games that other dealers play. Buying a car is the second biggest investment most people make in their lifetimes so we want to make sure you are completely comfortable with all of the features before taking it home. Greg is extremely thorough when going over everything and is a great resource if you ever have questions in the future. We are always here for you after the sale as well so don't hesitate to call if you have questions about how things work. We don't hand you keys and forget about you like some dealers.

Parkway Of Wilmington - Truly A Class Act

by from Wilmington, NC |

Three years ago my wife and I were lured away from our long-time car brand by the styling and overall product quality, engineering and competitive pricing of the Hyundai Sonata. We leased a Sonata and have been very happy with our Sonata experience. So here we are again, having just leased a 2015 Sonata Sport. The Sport's a fun car to drive and has the requisite bells and whistles to keep us happy. The Sport we leased was on your showroom floor - we took one look and said "that's it". A couple of points about our Dealership experience. I can't quite put my finger on it but the environment in the building is quite relaxing and low pressure and helps lower the usual anxiety that surrounds the car buying/leasing experience. To that I'd say "well done". Second, we met Ken Berton. Quite simply he's a jewel - low key but extremely attentive and thorough professional while having a good sense of humor throughout the process. Since we've leased with Parkway before the process with Ken this time went quickly and smoothly and included Ken giving us a thorough review of all the Sport's controls, some new to us since our earlier Sonata. All in all I'd have to say our experience was as satisfying as it could be at a "class act" dealership.

March 31, 2015

Henry thanks for the awesome review of your experience and Ken Berton is particular. We strive to give the best car buying experience possible and know how high pressure it can seem at most dealerships. Buying a car should be fun and we try to make it that way whenever possible.

Parkway Wilmington, NC defines Professionalism

by from Magnolia Greens, NC |

Purchased Hyundai 2015 3.8 Genesis on 3/26/2015 from Ken Burton. Ken is a true professional and a joy to do business with. His efficiency, skills and thoroughness, coupled with courteous & thoughtful tutoring meant so much to my wife, as this is "her car". Ken Burton was the deciding factor that led us to chose the new Genesis over a 2015 Lexus ES-350 or Toyota Avalon. Of course the Genesis styling, performance, features and generous warranty were part of our decision. The entire Parkway Experience exceeded my expectations. This is the way a auto dealership should present itself to the communities it serves.

March 30, 2015

Bill, Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. Ken Berton is an awesome resource of knowledge for everything Hyundai related. I'm glad to hear you experienced the "Parkway Difference" and welcome you and "Nurse Rachet" to the Parkway family!

Parkway Broke the Mold

by from Carolina Beach, NC |

I was really dreading purchasing a new car - the whole process is overwhelming and car dealerships and car salesman just have a bad reputation. Parkway breaks the mold on both of those stereotypes! Jeremy Race was so welcoming, very informative and anything but pushy! He walked me through the process step-by-step and gave me the time that all my questions deserved. He worked with me to ensure that I felt comfortable with the deal that was being offered and even after I signed all of the paperwork, he made sure that I was signed up to receive Subaru information. I love my new Forester and the entire team at Parkway, from Jeremy to Aaron (the "finance guy") to the service department. Everyone has been incredibly friendly and very generous with their time and information! Thank you Parkway and Jeremy!

February 25, 2015

Tami, Thanks for the great review. Jeremy's laid back attitude blends well with the Parkway Difference of doing business. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others. You will enjoy your Forester for years to come. Welcome to the Parkway family!

great experience from start to finish

by from wilmington, NC |

I purchased my first Subaru (an Impreza) in the summer of 2013. I loved the car, but it quickly became too small for my growing children. Although it was too small for my family, the Impreza made me fall in love with Subaru so when it was time to look for a bigger vehicle, my first stop was Parkway Subaru. I contacted Jeremy Race who sold me my Impreza. The first experience was so pleasant, I knew I had to go through him again. I test drove (and LOVED) an Outback. The entire experience, from test drive to signing those papers with the finance guy, was stress free, pleasant, no pressure. I asked a lot of questions, and changed my mind more than once. But Jeremy was patient and had an answer for all my questions. I am thrilled with my new Outback, and the next time I am in the market for a new car, I will be right back at Parkway!

March 6, 2015

Thank you for your continued relationship with Parkway Subaru and Jeremy Race. Repeat business and referrals are the best compliment you can give any of us. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with everyone.

Love, Love, Love ....

by from Myrtle Beach |

Thanks Greg Price !!!! We are thrilled with our new Outback!! Mike is glad he purchased the "service package" and we will see you when we come up for our oil changes. You made the process easy peasey. The Bakers

February 25, 2015

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with others.

Hyundai Tucson purchase

by from Wilmington, NC |

Started with the internet sales person, Brandon, who responded quickly with a price that I was happy with. We had looked at a 2015 Tucson and then went to see Dave who made us feel very comfortable in the purchase process. He looked to see if there was any other rebate options and found the Hyundai loyalty option. He made buying the car a pleasant and happy experience.

January 20, 2015

Alex thanks so much for this awesome review of your experience with Parkway. We strive to give the areas best car buying experience from start to finish and are happy to welcome you to the Parkway family!

Excellent buying experience

by from Wilmington, NC |

This our third encounter with Parkway of Wilmington and it was just a efficient and pleasant as the previous 2. Ken Barton was out salesman and he treated us with respect, was friendly, informative, and just a joy to work with! He explained all aspects of the two vehicles we were interested in and stepped back to allow us to make an informed decision. No one in the dealership was pushy, over bearing, or impatient. All individuals encountered were professional, friendly, thorough in explanations, answered all questions, and went out of their way to make the experience pleasant and satisfying. We are a Hyundai family and have no intention of looking elsewhere for vehicles. The product is dependable, of excellent quality, and competitively priced. The staff at Parkway are a cut above and par excellence!

January 8, 2015

Ron & Kathie, Thanks for your continued trust in Parkway to answer all of your automotive needs. We pride ourselves in giving Wilmington NC the best car buying experience that's why we say once you experience the Parkway Difference you're decision to buy from us will be easy!

Not so Impressed

by from WIlmington, NC |

I bought a certified pre-owned car from Parkway and it was not the best deal in town and not the worst either. I saw a Hyundai Genesis that I really wanted. I was asked to take it for a test drive and it was a really rough drive. Come to find out, the tires were really bad. I was surprised that they had it in their lot. We negotiated a deal and I agreed to buy the tires. From the beginning, I was told that the car comes with a 90 day warrantee from the dealership and that I could bring the car back if anything mechanical occurs with the car within that time period. On top of the dealership warrantee, I also I also bought an extended bumper to bumper warrantee. The next day when I picked up the car, their finance section gave me a paper labeled "Warrantee promised by the Dealership" or something to that affect but it listed the bumper to bumper warrantee that I had purchased and had nothing about the warrantee that the dealership promised me. I brought it to the attention of the finance person and he stated that he would list the 90 day warrantee but I would have to pay a $100 deductible if I had to bring the car back to the dealership for repairs (even if it is no fault of my own). I asked him why I would have to pay a deductible for a warrantee that they guarantee and for a problem with the car that they sold me. He stated that it's standard practice and that all other dealerships do the same thing. I went to four other dealerships and asked them if this was the case and they told me that this was the furthest from the truth and that their warrantees mean exactly what they say- the dealership will cover repairs for mechanical problems with vehicles during the warrantee period (90 days). I drove all the way to Wilmington from Jacksonville thinking that I would get a better deal but learned that I got a far worst deal from Parkway. Dealerships in Jacksonville offer competitive prices, free oil changes, and stand by their vehicles with dealership warrantees without deductibles. Parkway sold a car for a decent price but no perks or anything compared to the other dealerships.

November 27, 2014

Hello and thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us. I've taken some time to reply to your review while I looked in to what happened. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find anyone who was familiar with your situation. I've spoken to all the managers and none recall anything similar happening. Without being able to speak on the specifics of your situation here is what I can tell you. All of our pre-owned vehicles do come with a 90 day or 3,000 mile powertrain warranty with a $100 deductible. If you purchased a bumper to bumper warranty on top of that, it would likely also have a deductible of some sorts. Just like auto insurance, the lower the deductible, the higher the premium. As for the tires, all of our vehicles must pass our 120 point used car inspection and NC state inspection. I can assure you that anything even close to failing either inspection is replaced with 4 new tires before being put on the lot. I'm sorry if you feel unsatisfied with your experience. If you'd like to discuss any of this further, feel free to reach out to me directly at 910-202-8740. Thank you. Matthew Heath, Internet Sales Manager, Parkway of Wilmington

Professional & courteous auto puchasing experience

by from Wilmington, NC |

I welcome the opportunity to submit a very positive review about my automobile purchasing experience and the dealings with the Parkway Automotive Group in Wilmington, NC and with the salesman, Jeremy Race. Overall, it was a professionally conducted process. I had prepared my research prior to going to the dealership and Mr. Race worked with me and suggested revisions which were accepted. Thank you Jeremy! SM

November 19, 2014

Steve,thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. Jeremy is a great source of information if you have any questions about your Subaru. Customers love his no pressure, laid back attitude. Welcome to the Parkway family!

Good Experience With The Exception Of One Hiccup

by from Aynor, SC |

The overall buying experience was a good one. The process was short and sweet and to the point, and Diana Kenny, Sales, was friendly and quite helpful. If we had a question she either had the answer or knew who to talk to get the answer. The one hiccup was the finance department, The day, a Thursday, we picked up the car (2015 Genesis 3.8) we heard a sale pitch for the Hyundai Extended Warranty which sounded good but we need to sleep on the idea of purchasing the warranty. Decided over the weekend and called the finance representative and left messages but no return call. Strange because we were trying to spend money on a Hyundai product. If not for that one hiccup the rating for Parkway would have been a solid "5 Stars"

November 19, 2014

Gerald and Joan, thanks for taking the time share your experience. I'm glad that you had an overall great experience. I do apologize for the "hiccup" with finance not getting back to you. We all get busy from time to time but someone should have responded to your request. In the future if you have trouble getting through to anyone, please give me a call directly at 910-202-8740. Matthew Heath - Internet Sales Manager. Thanks!