2008 Dodge Avenger

2008 Dodge Avenger
Available in 4 styles:  2008 Dodge Avenger 4dr FWD Sedan shown

Overall

Worst car with cheap parts I have ever owned

by Upset owner from Wisconsin | May 12, 2014

I have a 2008 Avenger and it only has 48,000 miles on it. Every time I take it in for an oil change with a very good mechanic, he tells me about another problem. The front tie rod cracked within 25,000 miles. He said wait a bit to fix it, because surely there would be a recall as he had seen so many issues with their tie rods. NOPE. They an air pressure sensor cracked all the way through and the tire leaked constantly until replaced. Only care that made it out of aluminum. Then while washing the car, I noticed a bubbling of paint along the entire hood. Also made of aluminum. Needed entire new hood. Chrysler did replace the hood but none of the other cheap parts. And they want us to buy AMERICAN! Then make a product we can all be proud of!!!!! Oh, and did I say it stalls at red lights when it feels like it! Don't waist your money on this piece of junk.

Highly recommend it!!!!

by footballgrl from | January 16, 2014

I absolutely loved this car!!! Its very reliable, and to be honest, I didn't really have much trouble in the snow. Its great on gas too! I sadly don't have the car anymore due to an accident, but I am looking forward to getting another one!!!!! Loved it so much!!

dnt waste your time

by dunk1 from | January 1, 2014

the people here are just trying to earn a buck not help people get into good reliable cars theres something wrong with all cars and there over priced

First Time Car Buyer

by Chelsea from Lawrenceburg, KY | September 19, 2013

I just recently purchased my very own first car and I must say that it was a wonderful experience especially working with Northern Kentucky Auto Sales and Marty Hoober. Genuine people with quality cars is what really makes the difference. I have already and will continue to tell my friends and family about this great dealership! Thanks for helping me accomplish my first dream car!!!

Not What I expected to buy, but very satisfied!

by New Car Guy from Los Angeles, Ca | August 1, 2013

When I came on this website to search for a new car, this was not what i initially intended to be looking for. I previously owned a Lancer & was into other Lancer Evo's or Subaru's WRX.. Well, that all changed when I found my Avenger RT at a local dealership. Although its not as sporty as the cars I came here for, it offered me both a few other things I never considered. The Avenger RT gives me enough of the sporty look that I want, as well as the comfort of feeling like a luxury car. It also has tons of room in the cab & in the trunk. Kind of makes me feel like I'm finally maturing. :) All in all, its a great car with A LOT more interior features than I am accustomed to!

Best Vehicle I've ever owned.

by Steve from | July 30, 2013

SXT with a 2.4 L engine. Bought new in Dec. '07. Since then I've put 138,000 (mostly interstate) miles on it. Other than oil/air filter changes the only thing I've done to it is replace brake pads and front rotors and replace one ignition coil (total cost ifor the ignition coil including labor was $100). Car still looks and runs great. Ideal commuter car. Would buy another one in a heartbeat.

Value for the Money, reliable too.

by Equalizer from El Paso TX. | July 18, 2013

I have had mine for almost 4 years, no problems any kind, save a lot on gas compared to the one I HAD BEFORE ( a Stratus), looks nice, this engine 2.4 is one of the best I have had, the only cons. is the visibility to the back.

Looks great, surprisingly very gas friendly!

by Now a Dodge lover from Upstate NY | October 19, 2012

I bought my Used 2008 Avenger in the spring of 2010. I immediately was in love with the outside (I originally was thinking of a Charger). For a 4 cylinder it was powerful while still being gas friendly. Not only did I do city driving but I also took it on road trips from NY to VA several times and I never filled up more than twice, even with a uhaul trailer! I never ran into any problems with it except for whatever things happened with me. (I ran over debris and it ended up puncturing ther vapor chamber, someone backed into me etc) It looks great, great gas economy, comfortable (ive driven 10+ hours in it) And it is Super safe! I would know because I got into an accident where someone ran a redlight and T-boned me. Despite a fairly serious accident (windows broken, frame damaged, and side & curatin airbags deployed) I only ended up with a bruise on my thigh. It was totaled out and now im on a hunt for another! :) I would buy this for my children one day!

Looks great, Everything else sucks

by Disappointed from NJ | July 27, 2012

I owned a 2008 Avenger which I bought used in 2011. The ride was uncomfortable and shakey and it handled so loosely you may have well driven on banana peels. The interior was overly simple, plain and boring with gaudy and over sized gauges and dials. And finally, the mechanics of the car were atrocious. It seemed like I never went more than a month without the car needing service of some sort. Including a thermostat replacement, a water pump replacement, and a complete radiator overhaul. At one point it spent almost 2 months at a Dodge dealer because the heat didn't work and when it came back it still didn't work. Unless your obsessed with the exterior look, DO NOT buy this car. Nothing about the quality, performance, or reliability of this car is worth your time. And if you like the exterior look so much you may as well buy the charger which has the performance to match the look.

Love it!

by Stephanie from New York | April 16, 2012

No problems, runs nice and looks great. Plenty of space too.. Gets good gas mileage but looks sporty for. 4 cl