2009 Dodge Avenger

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Not the best car

by Nick from Rye ny | June 28, 2014

I have owned this car for three years and cant wait to get ride of it. its at 50,000 miles and has had 2 major broke downs. The first was at 20,000 miles when the coolant system thermostat melted and caused a leak in the coolant system. according to the manufacture they didnt know what happened and at 49,000 miles the electrical system shut off and stalled the car out while i was on the highway. apparently the the electric throttle control and a few other electrical system went haven't gotten the bill yet but it looks to be a lot. aside from those problem it down have good horse power and can get up and go. its not bad on gas and is comfortable to drive inand not a bad car fo rthe price

Great Car

by christy5 from Farmington MI | January 12, 2012

I have had this car for about 3 years and I love this car. It is great on gas, fun to drive and very reliable. The style outside and in is great. I have only had to take it in for very simple fixes that were warranty covered anyways. Would definitely recommend this car.

Love Mmy Car

by Ashley from tucson,az | September 13, 2011

I love my car, it handles amazing, only down side is it takes awhile to speed up but once it gets to 60 or 70 it can keep up with anything. I use my car to drive between phoenix and tucson all the time. I've had it 2years with no issues at all except regular things like oil changes. Everyone who rides in my car loves it and comments on how smooth of a ride it is. I was in an accident in it about a month ago on the freeway, and thing handled like a champ up against that beast of truck, the safety award it got was well earned. No harm to me and the damage to car was minimal, just a small dent and a surface scratch that could be buffed. I love my car and i wouldnt trade it for the world.

Love My Avenger

by Racergirl from Lawton, OK | January 17, 2011

I love the body style and the way the car handles. It is great on gas too. Glad I went with the Avenger.

After 40,000 miles

by Americancarsbychoice2 from Delaware | December 29, 2010

I reviewed this car soon after purchasing it and after 40k miles I have to say that I have been completely satisified with it's performance and value for the money. My experience with Chrysler products has been less than stellar over the years but with the Avenger, Chrysler's reputation has been, well, avenged. I have performed only routine maintenance on the vehicle because I have had zero problems. I now use this car for commuting 140 miles each day. Other than needing time to get up to speed, the 4 cyl performs quite well at 60 - 80 mph on the highway all the while giving a solid 30 mpg. The Avenger seats 5, 4 very very comfortably, and provides a good ride and handling. It's not a race car or a tank, it's just a good 4 door family sedan. My kids even prefer to drive this car over the Benz or the Honda, even to school! (Probably because of the radio)

great looking car

by indy driver from indianapolis,in. | June 11, 2010

good car but could be better if the ride was just a little stiffer. the car tends to sway alot in corners. great on gas mileage with the 4 cyl. dodge could have put some money in the interior kinda of cheap but better than some others

Really very good car

by Good Looking from Prague, Czech Republic, Europe | March 15, 2010

I had European´s car, Asian´s car, this is my first American´s car and it is the best. My Dodge has been made for European market - it has Germany VW Passat engine 2,0 Turbo Diesel, it tooks 6.5 l/100 km. All my family likes Dodge Avenger very much.

More than I expected

by Americancarsbychoice from Delaware | October 1, 2009

Having sworn off buying another Dodge 18 years ago we took a look at the Avenger following the strong recommendation from my father in law. The Chrysler lifetime engine/drive train warranty was what helped me overcome my concerns given my previous experience with Chrysler products. The Avenger surpased my expectations with regard to features and value. The SXT model and the options package that the dealer ordered on the car are exceptional in a vehicle of this price range. Safety, comfort and convienence, and performance with a 4 cyl variable valve timing engine are all much better than I would have thought. Although the hole-shot is not that great, the gas mileage is quite respectable with 25 city/combined and 34 Hwy. This gas mileage in a 4 door comfortable midsize sedan is fantastic. In addition, the vehicle is rated as a Partial Zero Emmisions Vehicle (PZEV). This means that the Avenger when running emits less total emmissions (pollution) than many 15 year old vehicles without the engine running - simply due to fuel evaporation from the tank in the older cars. Our other vehicle is a Honda, the second that we have owned. Honda's given their reputation for quality have been disappointing. With the Avenger have had no (zero) inital quality issues after 4000 miles. This in in itself demonstrates to me that Chrysler/Dodge have come a long way towards improving quality.

People warned me about Dodge/Chrysler

by ayya from Maryland | May 22, 2009

I haven't even had my car for two years and I've had to take it back to Chrysler 4 times for problems. I had random warning lights popping on at any given time. There was a recall on it. Then it wouldn't always start and they said it was a bad battery and they replaced it. Just two days ago, I started my car and went to put it in reverse and the gear shift would not move. I had to have it towed to Chrysler and this was the night before my graduation. They weren't even in a hurry to fix it. As of this morning they still haven't touched it. I'm using a rental car that I have to pay for out of my own pocket. I don't like Chrysler at all. I should've stuck with my reliable Toyota. I went four years with not one problem.

good car

by Benny from freeport n.y | April 29, 2009

got this car in april 27 2009 love this car very good on gas!!!!!!!!!!!!! my old car was bad on gas it was a vue. this avenger has more features than the charger.