2010 Dodge Avenger

21 city / 30 hwy

Overall

Love my Avenger

by Mom from Morton, IL | November 17, 2013

Had a good experience at Sam Leman in Morton. Errol "Big H" Halverson was a wonderful salesman to work with. I would recommend him and Sam Leman.

Fantastic Car

by Dodge Girl from Streator, IL | August 12, 2013

I bought mine used about a month ago. It had low miles on it, ran great on test drive, wonderful performance on the R/T. I've had no problems with comfort although I have leather seats. I've test driven a newer one with cloth seats and it wasn't as comfortable as the leather. This car is fun to drive and has that mean meaty look to it. Mine came loaded with a 6 disc changer, heated sets and mirrors, moon roof, electric drivers seat, and audio buttons behind the steering wheel. I couldn't ask for more! This car runs smooth, and is a very quiet ride. I travel a lot and I find it very very dependable and comfortable. Comfort is a big deal for me since I have had 3 major spinal surgeries.

Excellent Car

by First car purchase from Dallas, Texas | February 20, 2013

Let's get one thing straight, STAY AWAY from professional reviews of this car. More than likely it's some old white dude who drove the car for an hour and is Camry/Accord biased. Trust the reviews of those who actually purchased the vehicle and spent time with it, such as myself. Drives well with a smooth and responsive ride, has no problems on freeways or hills. Accelerates well for a V-4 and doesnt shake or stumble. Interior - Awesome interior for the price you pay. R/T is what I got, leather interior, power everything heated seats, six disc CD, aux input, and the list goes on. Exterior - This is where it gets interesting. Ever see a young man in a 2005 Camry/Accord and think "that dude is probably a friendless virgin?" Not so in the Avenger. Hella clean lines, imposing stance, wide frame. Head turner for both the ladies and the gents. Price - 30%-45% less than competitors, for more features and more attitude in the car you buy. Bottom line: Ignore the stereotype of Japanese cars being more reliable (since it was probably made in a Toyota/Nissan plant in Georgia), all are on a level playing field nowadays. For price/quality/durability/swag this car is on another level. Go out and buy, you won't be disappointed.

Great car by Dodge

by kmoshier19 from NC | December 2, 2012

I love my 2010 R/T. This is truly a car that you need to trust the owners! I know the bigger review companies bash anything that isnt a Camry or Accord but the avenger is a good car! Is it the best and most powerful? No but if you want a great looking car that has many great features and will get the job done, its a great car!

Good Running Car, Quite Ride

by Happy Owner from Bullhead City, AZ. | May 25, 2012

Bought the R/T Model Car Used, and so very satisfied. I Traded in a Dodge Caliber for this Car and feel it was a great choice.

Not So Safe - but good power for a 4 cyl.

by Mom Of 2 from Victoria, BC | March 20, 2012

I bought this car used, in the summer of 2010. I have a 4 cylinder. I get the oil changes every 5000km and whatever service recommended every 10,0000. I am coming up to my 70,000 service soon and no problems Problems: -BLINDSPOTS!!!!!! Yesterday I was driving and an entire Jeep was hidden to the front/right of me - basically at my 2 o clock. You have to lean forward and back to check that blindspot and it's HUGE. To shoulder check the middle of the side windows is a huge blindspot too. The black plastic on the back passenger windows creates another huge blind spot. The side mirrors are small too, If I'm going to have such huge blindspots at least give me an extra inch on the sideview mirrors, please. -Trunk design is poor. I am in a rainy climate and my stuff gets wet a lot because rain gathered on trunk lid pours onto my groceries or stuff stored in my trunk. Packing for a family of 4, I'd like a bigger trunk, but if you aren't packing as much as I do, it might not be a big deal for you -Recently, the parking break light turns on every once in a while, for no apparent reason. -Legroom could be better. I had to change my son into a booster seat with no back, from a booster seat with a back, because his legs wouldn't fit comfortably if the front seat was all the way back Positives -Fuel Economy is good. It's a large gas tank, so it'll last you almost 2 weeks if you're just going to and from work and not commuting. This car was also great for a road trip. In fact, it's the reason I'm concerned about changing vehicles. -For a 4 cylinder, I think it's great performance. If people have problems with high speed performance, what are you doing driving a 4 cyl at high speeds. How I gauge performance is a steep hill on the highway in North Vancouver on HWY 1. It's around the Mountain Hwy Exit. It gets up that hill fine at 70km. I could go 80 km probably 90, but I don't like to put that kind of strain on my engine, and neither should you if you love your car. I drove a 4 cyl up that hill that almost put me to a stop I was lucky if I was going 40km. So, compared to that other poor excuse for a car, it was GREAT. -I'm a bit of a fast driver, but I like fuel economy over speeding, so I try to stick to the speed limit, max 10km over, so when I'm in a 90 zone going 100km the engine is just fine. But you want this car for it's economy not it's speed. -In my opinion, this car accelerates well. I've compared the horsepower of this car (on cars.com) to similar cars and this vehicle is better. -Exterior design is really nice. It's what really drew me in. I like that it's a related look to the Challenger and Charger. -You can raise the driver's seat up if you want. I like being up as high as possible. You can fit a carseat, booster seat and a 9 year old fine in this car - I've sat in the back seat with my kids in their carseats and I'm an adult of average height and weight. If you want to put 3 adults, might be a can of sardines, but not so bad. Ultimately, I would keep this car for it's fuel economy and performance, however my family is growing. I have a dog, and two kids and this doesn't fit my life anymore. However, I would prefer a car with less blindspots, they are stressful.

Great Value

by aviator from Mpls.,MN. | January 5, 2012

Bought my 2010 Dodge Avenger SXT on year end closeout. Got a great deal Car has great style, very comfortable seating driving position, all the performance I need. Mileage has been around 25mpg,with the 4 cyl. Very reliable, after 10000mi. no complaints. Was very surprised at all the negative reviews. Only quibble i have had is the fake chrome trim around gear shifter,as it tends to reflect up into my eyes,when driving into the sun.overall,would buy another.

Awesome Car!

by New Dodge Owner from Concord, CA | October 9, 2011

I bought a 2010 Dodge Avenger R/t And I love this Car! Have had the car now for a week. bought it as a second car next to the motorcycle for the rainy weather. And i have to say it was by far my BEST Purchase of this year! Performance Is awesome for a 4 Cylinder. With great gas mileage and an awesome Sporty Exterior FOR the price range? You cant beat it. Wish i could of opt for the 3.5L V6 but thats what happens when you buy used. theres some things in the interior i would change.. But thats just My Personal Opinion.. The 4 can cup holder in the dash is awesome! keeps drinks nice and cold! But as a review earlier said i could see how this could get people in trouble! I test drove the Focus, Fusion, Mazda 3,and Mazda 6 and feel that this car out performed all of them! Not going to find another car in this price range that is this amazing!

Not reccomended

by Disappointed! from | August 9, 2011

This car did not perform well! Steering is awful; poor handling at high speeds; poor visibility; major blind spot; engine sounds bad!

ok

by finelyrics from oceanside, ca | July 29, 2011

ok for a family of 3. Better on highway for trips nice trunk. roomy and clean when bought used. ok for my family