2013 Dodge Avenger

Available in 3 styles:  2013 Dodge Avenger 4dr FWD Sedan shown

Overall

HORRIBLE CAR

by dejaelyse from California | March 18, 2015

I came from a dodge neon to an avenger and thought it was a come up. BOOOY was I DEAD WRONG !! this car is horrible not even a year into having my car im having a lot of issues with it. The breaks screech really loud when I back up. This started happening maybe 6 months after I bought the car. Also the USB cable on the inside of my car works when it wants to . And last when im coming to a stop its almost sounds like the whole bottom of my car is going to fall off. This car is horrible and the people over at DODGE are even worse they could care less about any of this.

hertz car sales

by mikayla from bardstown rd, louisville KY | February 20, 2015

these guys are awesome! As frustrating and stressful car shopping can become they made sure my every need was desired! style price and time management, they were very understanding and patient with my nagging and cautious self lol. check them out they are by far the best run for your money in Louisville.... I went everywhere. so happy I ran across tem! thanks again, chris & kurt! :)

Decent "commuter" car. But bad MPG.

by John from Brunswick County, NC | February 9, 2015

I bought this car in November of 2013 brand new and now in February of 2015 it has just under 60,000 miles on it. Other than putting new tires on (the goodyear Eagle LS2s it came with were awful in rain) and new brake pads I haven't had to do anything to the car. But, being the kind of driver I am I like horsepower and torque even though I bought the 4-cylinder model, I installed a performance chip and forced air intake along with catback exhaust and did a few tunes because the car seems to weigh too much for the small engine to really get up and go the way I'm used to. I owned a 2012 Chevy Camaro 2SS before, but traded up for better fuel economy....I did not get it. The fuel economy of the little 2.4L I-4 suffers due to the car being so heavy. I get on average 15-17mpg. The car also idles at 2100RPM which is odd...considering the 6.2L V8 I had before idled around 1200RPM max...and my fiance's 1.6L EcoBoost idles at around 800rpm so it just seems high. If you are thinking of buying this car get the V6. The I-4 gets bad mileage and is sluggish due to the weight ratio. BUT...it is VERY reliable. Never had a single hiccup in over a year and I drive over 50,000 miles per year.

not worth it

by Stranded on the highways from Ohio | February 6, 2015

I bought my 2013 avenger brand new almost 2 years ago. Until now I haven't had any major problems, just a tough adjustment from a speedy mazda to a slow to get going dodge. Anyways, this morning my check engine light came on, so I called the mechanic and told him the codes that came up (malfunction of cylinder 3 and something about coils?) but he said I was okay to drive...... He was wrong 45 minutes later I was on the highway when my car died. I don't know the specifics yet of what's wrong, but a 2 year old car shouldn't be dead.

ENGINE MOUNT

by D1 from Sunrise, FL | January 5, 2015

I purchase the car in March 2013. I was in LOVE with the car. Then all of a sudden I notice when the car is in reverse the brakes squeaks, Also when driving the car and it's time to slow down the car makes a loud clomp noise.

No Complaints

by EDUB from Little Rock, Ar | December 16, 2014

I've had this car for almost 2 years have put over 40,000 miles on it no problems what so ever once i got the factory goodyear tires off i was even more happier with the ride and the handling of the car. Would by again if the made them for 2015 but don't look like thats goin to happen

Wet Weather

by Jimmy from Seattle | October 28, 2014

A You Tube video said they take up a lot of real estate when stopping. I have had mine just over 30 days and use it for my Uber business. I really like this car. The car follows all the road defects, cracks grooves. Then we had a day of rain (Seattle) Talk about scared, I inquired about the tires on a Face Book page. I've been assured that if I rid the car of the Goodyear tires it should be safer to drive in the wet weather. Any ideas of what to do to the suspension so I can get around in the snow without sitting on the edge of my seat ?

Car gone bad Brake Issues

by suzzana from Idaho | August 19, 2014

I bought the 2013 Dodge Avenger in Jan. 2013. Color love it. Over all ride nice and quite. March 2013 my windshield wipers would start wiping for no reason. I took it to dodge they told me there was nothing they can do cause they cant see it. At 7500 miles in July 2013 my brakes started making loud noises. At first it was only when I backed up then come August it was all the time. After 3 visits of scuffing the roaders up they said if it happened again they would replace everything in the brake system cause there was complaints in the 300,Darts,Avengers. They said they replaced the whole brake system.They stated their was scares in the roaders and it shouldn't of been that way at 7500 miles to the front and rear. They left the account open incase that didn't work. However they only did the rear and the same day the front was so bad I couldn't drive it. 3 days later back in to the service dept. they did front brakes. was good 1 week. I have called 17 times left voicemails for the dealership manager and service dept. My Brakes now are sticking & still loud as ever. I bought a new car cause I feel unsafe to drive this car anymore. I only have 18000. miles on this car, over my head do to car holding its value. I think DODGE needs to make this right. Hope Dodge reads this and starts caring for their customers.

The sleeper Avenger

by Vics Mini Charger from Agawam,Ma | August 8, 2014

WAOH is what I said first time I test drove this car at Thirfty Car Sales Springfield , MA so smooth acceleration and pick up on demand the car practically rolls effortless. The Pentastar V6 3.6 does a great job getting me where I want to go and fast if need be. I get around 18-19 mpg city and yes I have gotten 30 mpg highway cruising at 75. Very stable car limited body roll I had to make a sudden maneuver on the highway going 70 o so and it responded flawlessly. Dodge has stepped up their game big time with this car led tail lamps great night headlamp light visibility a very comfortable accessible interior. I had a total of 4 adults in the Avenger and like 200lbs of luggage and the car was just as responsive and powerful. I am very happy with my purchase I highly recommend it. For the money the quality of a vehicle is a no brainer

Perfect!

by NYICEMAN from New York | July 4, 2014

I bought this car in Feb 2013, the SXT model with every option under the sun. This car drives great as i have put 23,000 on it already. The color is my seconf fav thing and i get more and more stares(redline red). I just wish the R/T version was out when i bought this because i would have bought that one. I will just wait till next year and have two in my driveway!!! thanks Dodge for making a great car finally!