2007 Dodge Caliber

2007 Dodge Caliber

Available in 4 styles:  2007 Dodge Caliber 4dr FWD Hatchback shown

Overall

2007 to 2009 to 2013

by We bought the 2007 Caliber second-hand in 2009 from Gander, NL | September 23, 2014

We bought a second-hand 2007 Caliber in 2009. I was surprised I liked the look of it, it's different and I feel like it *should* look like a station-wagon, but somehow it doesn't. It doesn't have bells and whistles. No power windows, no power locks. Who cares? We live in a rural location and drove this car on several long trips. It has 150,000km on it. When we bought it I noticed the doors were stiff. The dealership replaced all the door pins before selling. This would have been an expensive job for us. Since then, nothing. We've never had a problem with this car. It's been the pinnacle of reliability. That said, I do personally find the gas mileage to be a disappointment.

Subframe rot and throttle body failure

by dodge boy from Central New Hampshire | April 6, 2014

We bought a 2007 Caliber new in February 2008. Car has been reliable with the exception of the throttle body unit going bad, and the front subframe rotting out. That was by far the worst problem. It rendered the car unsafe to drive. Our local mechanic replaced the frame (not an inexpensive repair). The problem has been reported to Chrysler and after a report was made to NHTSA, the Defect Investigator asked us to ship the frame to Washington to be looked at and evaluated. Anyone owning a Caliber should definitely have an inspection done, and make the reports to Chrysler and NHTSA if a failure is found. This needs to lead to a recall.

ROTTEN SUBFRAME

by disapointed caliber fan from Duncansville, PA | November 11, 2013

loved my car until this Saturday doing brake job and mounting snow tires noticed the sub frame had holes rusted out on the top. car is an 07 with only 34220 miles on her. poor quality steel bad design. also notice a lot of rust on rear axle assembly. fighting with Chrysler to fix since I bought it new. there needs to be a recall. won't pass inspection this make it useless. STEER CLEAR until a recall is issued. no more Chrysler prod. for me.

Subframe failure

by Char from Pinckney MI | October 24, 2013

Just like the last reviewer, get rid of this car before it turns 100k miles. Started replacing upper and lower control arms, alternator went out then the subframe rotted through. Look at other review sites. It is a common problem and needs to be recalled. I liked the car a lot for the first three years. Except for the well known helicopter noise that blows your eardrums out when you have more than one window down. Cargo space is good and ride was comfortable. The fan blower motor was always loud. After three years the car became increasingly noisy.

Good new, with age terrible and costly

by GEmbree from | July 16, 2013

I bought a caliber in 2007 new. The driver's side is very roomy and I am a big man so that was great for me. For the first few years it was a good car aside from a very loud helicopter sound like noise when you drive with more than one window down, but around the 100,000 km mark, the problems started. replacing wheel bearings (over and over), control arms, wiper motors (twice),emergency brake failing,and the showstopper of them all is the sub frame rotting through. The air conditioner runoff drips directly on the frame which caused the frame to rust and overtime rot through.The mechanic has deemed it unfit to drive and it will be a 3000 to 4000 dollar fix. It is only a 6 year old car, so this is not a problem any car should have at this age. My advice is to stay clear of the caliber and if you own one, definitely go check your sub frame as I have read others have experienced this problem.

Love my Caliber

by Little D from Redding, CA | April 3, 2013

I had a VW Beetle before and it had a huge amount of get up and go. My Caliber, not so much but I knew that after I test drove it. It gets great gas mileage and is a great trip car. I would definately get another one. Great car for the price.

Best small SUV on the market.

by Dodge Guy from Detroit, Mi | March 11, 2013

I have had my caliber for a few months, I drive a lot of highway miles and this car is great. Awesome gas mileage for a vehicle in its class. I have never had reliability issues with it and the ride is comfortable. Tons of storage space and the styling isn't bad either.

awesome car

by dodge man from | January 7, 2013

i didnt think i would like this car but i fell in love with it , the gas milage is good the ride is good and the cargo space is great . i would recommend this car highly.

102,000 Mile Review

by Nick Montos from Worcester, MA | September 24, 2012

Purchased car new in April 2006. Now have 102,000 miles on it. The Caliber will not win any awards for excitement, but the car is super versatile and has been very reliable. Aside from normal wear items, the only repairs have been lower control arms at 80,000 mi and the TIPM ($800) at 95,000 mi. The 2.0 with CVT has averaged 26.5 MPG in mixed city/highway driving. This is comparable to my 6 speed Vibe/Matrix GT which averaged 28 MPG. The Caliber is actually cheaper to operate since it does not require premium fuel.

so far so good

by average joe from ohio | September 15, 2012

I had high hopes for the advertised 27 city 30 highway. Im getting 20 city. I love the cvt....hope it holds up. 56k on it now with not a single repair. Its due for an expensive cvt fluid change at 60k

Featured Services for this Dodge Caliber