2009 Dodge Caliber

Available in 4 styles:  2009 Dodge Caliber 4dr FWD Hatchback shown

Overall

2009 Dodge Caliber SE Sport Wagon 4D

by NASCAR Deuce from Sacramento, CA | November 17, 2012

Plus: Excellent vehicle for the money. Smart styling, comfortable interior, great transmission (CVT), and economical on gas. Minus: Too much annoying road noise from wrong manufacturer tire choice.

Poor Trany, Rough Ride, Road Noise, & more.

by Super Dave N from Sheboygan Falls, WI | June 16, 2012

The Bad: Transmission - It's shot at 48000 miles. Has loud whining sound and dealer says it has to be rebuilt. High Beam Indicator - It's like a spotlight, makes using high beam useless because it constricts your pupils. You can hold your hand in front of you & make shadow figures on the headliner. Road Noise - poor sound dampening from the wheels. Poor Ride - suspension ought to be softer in my opinion. Rock Hard Armrests - The door armrests have no padding, gives me great pain in the elbow. The Good points: Peppy - Mine only has the 2.0L and is surprisingly quick. Radio - Sophisticated sound system. MPG - tested higher than official highway ratings.

KNOW I CAN GET TO WORK IN THE MORNING

by LOVES MY NEW CAR from Wichita, KS | April 3, 2012

I am 100% in love with my new car! It has everything I could possibly ask for. Perfect for my family and lots of room. I would suggest to anyone!

Good all around car

by Mrothy from Los Angeles, CA | February 19, 2012

The 09 Caliber is an excellent car to get from point a to b, whether it's across town or across country. Being a larger person, it has plenty of space even for me and has yet to get uncomfortable even during road trips. The gas mileage with the CVT is good for a larger hatchback (I average 25-26). Due to the I-4 engine and CV trans, do not expect that much horsepower. I like the styling inside and out even though the rear visibility can be an issue - just make sure to turn your head before changing lanes. My vehicle just passed 60k miles and have had absolutely no problems mechanically.

caliber

by Alc from edmonton,AB | September 7, 2011

i bought a 2009 dodge caliber sxt not even a year ago i'm young and i loved having a really practical car to go to and work from the speakers in the hatch back are perfect when i'm hanging out out doors. i love my car. i looked at many other cars such as mazda and volkswagon but i had a really hard time finding one that could fit my buget. only down fall on this car even tho i bought it used and its a little over 2 years old now and i already need to replace the entire transmission and was quoted at 4800 dollars to replace it. after finding out no one can repair these the whole thing needs to be replaced if i pay this price to replace it it will be just about half of what i paid for the car in the first place. also dodge told me my warrenty is no longer availble even tho the car is only 2 years old because i am not the orignal owner i think this is totally unfair. but like i said i love this car it has amazing gas mileage and is comfortable but if i need to replace the transmission every 2 years it doesnt really have any bang for its buck in the long run.

Top Car...

by Average Owner from Danbury, CT | February 27, 2011

I own a 2008 SRT-4 and it is really a fantastic vehicle!... so well made, and a lot of extra power when you need it. I came across it accidentally while viewing many other sporty hatchbacks and wanting a manual shift. This car is a trophy- they did a fantastic job! I understand that the transmission is German made (Damlier-Chrysler in 2008). Styling speaks for itself... a beautiful exterior with deep comfortable bucket seats. I am a little older and am not a "speed performance freak" so, have not modified the engine, as many do. My car is just "factory-stock" and I maintain it very well. It is the best car I've owned!!!- exhilarating power when you want it on the highway...WOW! thx

Traded in my Honda on this.

by Notahondagirlanymore from Huntington , WV | January 23, 2011

I have been a Honda girl since I first sat down in my 1997 Honda Accord LX I loved that care and 202,000 miles later it was time to move on. I bet I test drove 100 cars before I got to the Caliber. I love it. I will not go back to Honda. Its sporty and comfortable and just a good all around car. I love the SVT even if it is going to take some time to get used to. This is probably one of the best cars out there for the money. I just bought a 2009 R/T and when the time comes I look to just get another newer Caliber.

SRT-4: Fast Reliable Car For Little Money

by CaliberAtor from San Francisco, CA | November 28, 2010

I have the SRT-4. It is by far the best American car I have driven. The performance is great. The most horsepower you get for the money. The styling of the car is great. It really stands out from its other Caliber counterparts. Luckily I haven't experienced the safety features in a crash but others have given it great reviews. The cars starts every time.The turbo is great with no lag. Gas is above average, about 28mpg combined with my driving. My wife gets 32mpg combined. The interior quality is nice but too many palstic parts for my taste. Handling is good but I hate the torque steer. It got a little getting used to. 5 stars.

good reliable vehicle

by economy mined terry from youngstown, ohio | October 18, 2010

exterior design good good fuel mileage interior road noise not best interior room good comfort good gauges good design descent acceleration overall give it a good considering purchase price

spunky little car

by Older and wiser from Detroit, Mi | October 16, 2010

I just traded in a Jaguar for my Dodge Caliber, and I'm so glad I did. In this present economy, I need to save all the money I can from every source. It is so much better on gas; 28 mpg. Its very easy to handle and the ride is very comfortable. The sound systems rocks and there is enough room, comfortably for 4 other passengers.

Featured Services for this Dodge Caliber