2011 Dodge Caliber

Available in 5 styles:  2011 Dodge Caliber 4dr FWD Hatchback shown

Overall

Horrible gas mileage for a 4 cylinder

by Cory from Ohio | January 25, 2014

I bought this car used from a dealer it was previously a fleet car so it was 1 year old with 40k miles on it and i calculated the in town gas mileage and i got 17 mpg and then took it on a road trip to nc (7 hrs away) there and back and got 21 mpg and had to fill up 4 times!!!! the dealer wont do anything because there is no error codes and its frusterating paying $240 a month for a car that uses gas like a v8 truck with bogg tires and a lift kit! also the left rear tailight has blown 8 times in 2 years and once again the dealer wont do squat! its a nice handleing car but a very noisy drive as outside noise comes right in! the suspention is awful, ir feels like you bottom out everytime you hit a bump and the acceleration and breaking is so sensitive that it also contributes to the poor gas mileage! I have found that if you hit the traction control button EVERYTIME YOU GET IN THE CAR that it does help on the mpg! I live in ohio and one thing i can say is that for a FWD vehicle it is great in the snow! Overall I cant wait to get rid of this piece of junk and trade it in!

Dissappointed That I Got This Car

by Concerned Consumer from Garland, TX | October 24, 2013

I purchased this car brand new in within a couple of weeks or so, this car drove like I had it for several years. The transmission does not have very much power and the acceleration is terrible. When going over bumps in the road feels like the car is going to fall apart. Issues with the steering column which I believe stems from a 2011 recall. The only thing I can say I like about the vehicle is the exterior design other than that I can't say that I am pleased.

not good as expected

by lien from Cincinnati, oh | October 22, 2013

the picture looks good, but when you see the real car, you will be disappointed by the size of it. also, this car do not have gps, not radar, and the space for legs for driver is so small

Fred Martin rocks !!!

by Caliber #1 from Lorain,OH | March 19, 2013

Excellent service.Our salesman Cory Evans did a superb job.He was very courteous and didn't pressure us into anything.Mike handled our finance paperwork very well. I would recommend this dealer to anyone else.

Dodge Caliber review

by Joe from Rockford IL | December 11, 2012

We had it about a month now and it is everything I thought it would be when reseraching this vehicle

Cool color, cool car

by braillerjenn from Marschalltown, IA | November 28, 2012

My little Caliber is a fun car to drive. I love how it handles and drives around town. It has been on 2 major trips since I've owned it and the gas mileage is awesome. I was able to get 300 miles before the gas fill up light came on. Even though I don't use it often I think the "cooler" in the glove box is a nice treat. I was able to keep my bottled tea cool during the long ride.

Nice Car, but rattles

by Commuter from Salt Lake City< UT | June 28, 2012

It's a nice looking car and it handles great. It's also lower priced and built a little flimsy. Not overly sturdy, but sufficient, I guess. I don't expect the handles to break, but the doors bow in when you lean on them. The frame also rattles and squeaks when you go over a bump. Not really a problem, but it feels a little flimsy. I'm getting highway MPG in the mid 20s. For this light of a car, I'd expect high 20s or low 30s. Also, the braking takes a little getting used to. Since it reacts quickly. It has some nice features, but definitely a low-end car.

Least worthwhile car i've ever owner

by unhappy caliber owner from Tomahawk, wisconsin | November 29, 2011

For a two liter engine the mileage is terrible, only 23mpg on town and 27 mpg on highway. lots of road noise passes into pasenger compartment. Used one quart of oil in first 3000 miles. headlights out of adjustment on delivery. Lack of power when passing another vehicle.

Getting Used To It

by mrkernunnos from Port Saint Lucie, Florida | November 29, 2011

I purchased this vehicle new off the lot. The ignition is an auto type where you turn & release the key, took me a bit getting used to, want to turn and hold. I would highly recommend the vehicle. The transmission is CVI where it sounds as if it is severely slipping. Again, it sounds as if. From a dead stop pulling out into traffic, there's a touch of hesitation so give yourself room. In motion the cars accelerates quickly and is responsive to the pedal input; it's not a sports car. The head room is exceptional and one main reason for the selection.

Good Value

by Mentoron from Grand Rapids, MI | November 8, 2011

There might be better cars of this body style. I looked at several others before choosing the Caliber. The Caliber cost less new then many of the 3 year old cars I was looking at. I was not satisfied with my first test drive of the Caliber, because it did not accelerate fast enough merging onto the freeway. Then I tried the bigger 2.4 liter engine and am quite satisfied with its performance. As a driving instructor, I consider this to be an important factor. I am not out for speed, but believe confident acceleration makes for safer driving. I would not recommend the 2 liter engine,in spite of the fact the gas mileage is a little better. I like the little design extras, like the speakers that pull down from the hatch for tailgate parties, etc. Another is the water bottle cooler in the glove compartment area. The seats and riding comfort matches that of luxury cars. I get 23 mpg in city driving and 27 consistently on freeways. Not bad. Going on 5000 miles in 4 months.

Featured Services for this Dodge Caliber