2006 Dodge Caravan

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Roomy and Smooth

by Nana Taxi from Mesa, AZ | September 24, 2012

just bought it, had it two weeks and I love it. Its very roomy for the kids plus room for all the football gear. I'll update you again in 6 months to confirm realibility & performance!

Great deal for the money

by Grandma's transport from Tampa Bay FL | May 7, 2012

Awesome deal, vehicle has a great turning radius, 7 passenger for the grandkids, all the comfort basics. Looked for about 6 weeks before finding the "right deal"

i have owners

by johnny from orlando, fl | January 16, 2012

i have this car last time new , is good for me and jobs. i recomenfd this car for others people , in this moment i have the model 208 too. and i looking for other model 2000 year to 2005 for the jobs

2006 Dodge Caravan

by Bob from Phoenix AZ | December 31, 2010

This is the second Dodge Caravan (not Grand Caravan) that I have owned. My first one was a 1999, and I had a lot of problems with it, a new transmission every 50K, and a valve job at 55K... I thought I'd never buy another one,,, but even with the problems of the '99, I still liked the Caravan for its performance, comfort, and value. So I bought a 2006 Caravan, 3.3 engine, and I love it. No problems, and it has 63K miles on it. I get about 21 mpg in town, and on the highway, 24, I have even gotten 26 on a 6 hour downhill stretch, but that was a fluke. My friends always say "Lets take the van!", the love the ride, the spaciousness, even people who say they would never own a van, it "just isn't them", ask to travel in it. So far, no reliability problems at all, good fuel economy, greaqt ride, power is... adequate, but I am not much of a foot to the floor guy in the van, my Mustang GT covers that area. Yes, i think Dodge has finally fixed their transmission problems, and I would recommend this van to anyone. Its not the fanciest van made, my neighbor has an Odyessey, and wow, nice, but for $10K less,,, I love my Caravan. My wife also drives it when she takes "the girls" shopping, and all of her friends love it too. Never thought Id be a van guy, when I bought my first one, I was looking for an SUV,,, came home with a van, OH, my first one was in Iowa... snow traction was... average for a FWD, now I live in Phoenix,,,so no snow/traction problems. I highly recommend high quality snow tires in the midwest. Not the junk they put on at the factory. Love my Caravan!

Like my Caravan

by TNTad from Tennessee | October 5, 2010

40K Miles so far so good. Front brake pads must be replaced every 20K miles. Good power, ride, handling, and styling.

First Minivan I actually love!

by Soccer Dad from Dayton, OH | April 11, 2008

We bought our 2006 Dodge Caravan SXT used and have found it to be a very enjoyable vehicle to drive. Plenty of leg and head room for front passanger and driver. I'm very comfortable driving it and I'm just over 6ft. Adequate leg room for the second and third rows for children. My only complaint aganist this van is the power sliding doors seem to have problems with failure from one of numerous parts latch, relay, harness, power motor, etc. That's the only reason I gave this van 4 stars for reliablity instead of 5. The interior styling looks great but is a little on the plastic cheap side, lots of plastic.

another van

by van driver from monahans ,texas | July 13, 2007

this is our 4th van in about 6 years, as we have a disabled child an travel a lot , and have to carry a wheel chair .this van has a lot of room ,and the stow and go seats work great,not much power it seams like , and the gas millage doesnt seam quit up to the 26 miles a gallon on the highway, its a 2006 modle in very good shape

Family Budget car

by snikt from philadelphia, PA | August 3, 2006

This vehicle has served its purpose for our family of six. We had an expensive large SUV with an equally large engine and astronomical fill-ups. This car still gave us room for our four kids and a friend, but is a lot easier on our wallet. Although we miss the oomph of the bigger engine, with gas prices staying so high the trade off was well worth it. I love that it came standard with a cd player and we were able to add power windows/locks for very little.

my 4th and last chrysler van [2005 t&c]

by jimbo from pittsburgh pa. | July 29, 2006

does not compare to my 1999 caravan sport that I still own. comfort, mpg ,and all the things the $33057.00 does not have. in 2004 went back to a car for one year but missed room of van . sto&go great the only thing that is, the wife ask why is this van so uncomfortable and hard on gas? asked dealer what a joke that was ,2007 we will be driving a toyota or honda van !

solid car (3.3L V6)

by car fan from roch., ny | May 25, 2006

went with a relative on two 7 hour trips. the seats are not firm enough for the long support, and my back pains were so bad that i had to fold a pillow up and put it down there. other than that, the car is great.

Featured Services for this Dodge Caravan