2008 Dodge Challenger

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Nothing Finer

by Skipstr from Las Vegas, Nevada | April 1, 2014

I have had my 2008 3/4 Dodge Challenger since October 2008, brand spanking new! I ordered this with all options, including the sunroof. I have done some up grades, the biggest being the SMS Supercharger on the 6.1L HEMI. I have over 50k miles and only small problems i.e. window motor stopped working, but replaced by Chrysler. Looks better then any Pony Car on the street. Faster then any Pony, Muscle, Sport or Supercar that I have seen on the street or speedway. Drove to SEMA and had 50+ people taking photos of my car in the parking lot. Comfortable to drive long or short distance. Drives great/ turns at high speeds. Best inter room, with best head/ leg room. Gas mileage with the supercharger was unexpected, with getting 25MPG Highway and 17MPG city. The carbon fiber hood strips were a disappointment, because when ordered, it should have been a carbon fiber hood. The price was a little bit high, compared to the other Pony Cars, but hopefully since its numbered, it will hold it value. I have 9 SRT's and would buy this car over and over again.

fantastic

by hemi orange from Ridge Manor fl. | October 21, 2013

I bought my srt8 in12/2012 I thought I would keep it 2or3 yrs. I just turned 6,000 mi. guess what my son will get a beautiful car when I`m gone. The car is so much fun to drive I changed tires from g/year to Hanook what a difference

Best car...

by deleeryus from Baton Rouge, La | November 20, 2012

...I've ever driven! The 2012 Camaro is my other car...but I prefer my Challenger! I wouldn't trade it for the world!

2008 SRT8 Challenger - Love it!!!!

by SRT-Alabama from Gadsden, AL | January 23, 2012

Gas milage is bad 11 mpg city, but who cares. Didn't buy it to be a Prius (PFFFFFFFFFF). Runs and drives great. True muscle car. The 6.1 Hemi is a beast. Vehicle had 4140 miles on it when purchased 11/25/2011. Have driven vehicle for two months and LOVE IT!!!

I 0wn drive and adore this car

by Car nut from quebec canada | October 13, 2010

fast and furious machine but could use heavier sheet metal for body .dodge needs to make convertible version and not limit change in engine and power ratings .should also offer chrome heritage style for srt8 model also!!!!!make these changes and see the sales go up!!!!!

Challenger SRT8 - an incredible machine

by Omicron from Boulder County, CO | August 9, 2010

Looked at many new cars and all the "modern American muscle" cars out there. Camaro is nice but kind of cheaply made and like looking out gun slits with horrible rear visibility. Mustang is also nice but too common. Challenger spoke to me on may levels. Beautiful (IMHO) outside and in, very unique on the road, super nice to drive every day, handles great for a large heavy car, and CRAZY fast. Quality, fit, and finish are excellent. Reliability has been stellar. American cars have come a LONG way in the last decade. Only drawback is that it's some missing some features I'd expect in a car of this price category... specifically, cannot flip rear seats forward to expand trunk space without crawling into the back seat, and driver's seat back will not flip forward allowing access to the back seat. Also no power seat position memory. Some people might consider the mass of the car to be a drawback, I consider it a plus. Overall an awesome car, and I wouldn't hesitate to buy another.

It's a Great car, I love it.

by Chuck B from Frederick, MD | January 7, 2009

This is my second SRT8. The style of this one is a winner. If your afraid the poor gas mileage it's not as bad as you would think, I got 22 mpg on a trip (and I wasn't driving 60) and got the same with the 2006 Charger SRT 8 I owned. The car performs like a car should, It goes when you want it to go, it handles great and stops when a where you need it to . It doesn't look like a box or bubble it has a design.

Fast, Fun, Super Sexy

by Rowdy from Castle Rock, Colorado | October 19, 2008

This is a very agile and agressive vehicle. It handles great when you push it to the limits. Offers the ability to turn off the ESP so you can really drive the car yourself or you can let the ESP correct your shortfalls. Either way, you are in control and this baby "gets it". This is the way every car should handle and drive. This is the correct power to weight ratio! I can't believe the number of people who follow me to look at the car. They stop me and ask to photograph the car. I have several classic and muscle cars but, this Challenger gets far more attention and interest from the motoring public.

cant get enough

by Skip from lexington | October 4, 2008

Never been in anything so heavy that handles like a lighter vehicle! There is no way i wouldnt recomend this. You can store music, call people, go 0-60 in 4.5 seconds and lots of other amazing things. I wil simply say words can not describe this car. No this muscle car.

Fast Car

by Fast Car Driver from Waldorf, MD | September 16, 2008

Great looks, excellent drive. Everything I ever wanted in a sports car. It even has enoguh space for me to put my son in the back. This car is the real deal. Responsive, fast, great looks. Everyone stops and takes pictures when I am driving in my black on black SRT 8.